Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 06:45 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times

Advertisements

Big hugs, OP. I went through this with my late DH (lymphoma). I suggest a book called "Hello from Heaven" - I found it very helpful and hopeful.

I have seen 3 mediums (well 2, one I went twice). The first reading was the most amazing. I told them nothing about me or who I was grieving for, and they came through with so much info. I found it a big help. The second one, nothing. Going back to the first one again, not too much. This was not a "store-front" medium (charlatan) - they even told me, don't expect to keep coming back and having an ongoing conversation with your loved one, that's not how it works.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:00 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Hi Marble Cake. I'm sorry for what you are going through. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love deteriorate.

I am Roman Catholic. My chosen Christian faith (I did not grow up in the religion) claims there is only after-life with God, and once you are in God's presence, even though you are surrounded by loved ones, you are overwhelmed and so are they. All you really know and feel is God.

It is also forbidden to contact spirits. This is because just like with living strangers, you don't know what you are dealing with. A spirit is no more reliable than a stranger. It could be an angel, or a demon in disguise. It could be telling you the truth, or feeding you lies.

My husband passed a few years ago from cancer. I have had a few strange experiences from a few minutes before I was notified of his death right up until a couple of nights ago. He had told me before he died that he would live in my heart, and I believe he does.

In these experiences, I receive his advice. I awake almost smothered (literally gasping for air) from a dream of him kissing me. In a certain area of my house, his scent has overwhelmed me for no tangible reason, etc. As with any other such activity, is this proof of him still being with me, or is this simply me subconsciously recreating what I can no longer consciously have?

I am not crazy enough to say he is still with me, and there is an afterlife; but, there could be a metamorphosis of sorts - sort of like a cocooned caterpillar becomes a butterfly. A transition into another plane of existence maybe that still touches on the one our physical existence knows?

At any rate, these experiences have strengthened my belief in God, and led me to believe that I will be with my husband again someday. It has also greatly alleviated any fear of death.

If there is no hope for your husband, and you manage to grieve soberly, without anything to numb your wits in the process, you may have experiences of your own. In those experiences you will find your own true answer.

Hugs and best wishes to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 12:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
This is what scares me so much about death...I do not know what happens, where I will go, what it will feel like, etc.

It actually kept me from committing suicide years ago, I really wanted to end my life, but I just could not go thru with it, the thought that I may 'wake up' someplace that could be worse (even if its not the hell the bible talks about), it could be just about anything, that was too big a risk to take.

Basically any scenario your mind can dream up...THAT is very possible in the afterlife...maybe a person that fears heights, ends up in a constant state of being on a ledge of tall building with very little room to move, maybe the claustrophobic person ends up in small room barely large enough for their body and they remain there constantly, and on and on, (btw, i truly hope none of this is accurate)!

Old 07-24-2018, 04:05 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Rstevens62, if you aren't having fun dating, then you shouldn't get married. Likewise, if you aren't having fun living, then you shouldn't attempt to die. The second state is never an improvement on the first.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Rstevens62, if you aren't having fun dating, then you shouldn't get married. Likewise, if you aren't having fun living, then you shouldn't attempt to die. The second state is never an improvement on the first.
Well, we dont really know if thats true or not, but its a HUGE HUGE risk to take.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:09 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Well, we dont really know if thats true or not, but its a HUGE HUGE risk to take.
And that fear-based stick is EXACTLY what the organised religions want you to think. That is the control mechanism they use to keep the believers in line with their doctorines.

By doing some research of your own, you can find plenty of evidence what happens after death. There are resources in this thread as well as other web resources on NDEs, OOBs, hypnosis regressions, occult practices, etc etc. It just depends how afraid you are of some thing or some one being a judge of your lifetime. From what I read, there is no-one else who is the judge of us. It is us who decides what we have done or not done to progress our spiritual development towards the Source of all things.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And that fear-based stick is EXACTLY what the organised religions want you to think. That is the control mechanism they use to keep the believers in line with their doctorines.

By doing some research of your own, you can find plenty of evidence what happens after death. There are resources in this thread as well as other web resources on NDEs, OOBs, hypnosis regressions, occult practices, etc etc. It just depends how afraid you are of some thing or some one being a judge of your lifetime. From what I read, there is no-one else who is the judge of us. It is us who decides what we have done or not done to progress our spiritual development towards the Source of all things.
Part of it is fear of change, fear of the unknown. death is not like moving to another city, its something that is completely different than what we are used to, up could be down in the afterlife, left could be right, etc etc.

I have to believe there is 'something' in the afterlife, whats the purpose if we just live here for awhile and then blip out of existence? Without a large fear of death, society would be chaos too, just imagine if we all knew there were no judgements, no consequences to doing wrong while alive, it would be a world where only the strong survive, laws would be useless.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:31 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Without a large fear of death, society would be chaos too, just imagine if we all knew there were no judgements, no consequences to doing wrong while alive, it would be a world where only the strong survive, laws would be useless.

I don't know, I behave in a moral manner not because of religion (I'm not religious) but because it feels better not to be a jerk. I hope most rational people feel the same way.

If you KNEW you could get away with it, would you steal $100 from your friend?

Old 07-26-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I don't know, I behave in a moral manner not because of religion (I'm not religious) but because it feels better not to be a jerk. I hope most rational people feel the same way.

If you KNEW you could get away with it, would you steal $100 from your friend?
I wouldnt take anything from a friend, but if I knew there were no consequences, I wouldnt have a problem taking money from a bank!

Old 07-26-2018, 01:51 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
I use dandelion root powder, cannabis oil AND coumadin without any problem.
Medical Dr's (who are trained to throw around pHarmaceuticals like candy) are the last people I'd ask for advise on healing plants because most of them have no training in that area apart from being incorrectly taught that natural plants are dangerous &/or ineffective.
As I said, medicines and "natural" remedies can interfere with each other. Many of our pharmaceuticals originated with plant or animal materials.

St Johns Wort for example should not be taken with anti-depressants. Other substances like dandelion root powder and cannabis oil need to be taken with caution if you're on a blood thinner, and you need to let your medical doctor know about them. If you've taken those substances and coumadin and have your INR taken regularly, they can tweak the coumadin to adjust for the effects of the cannabis oil and dandelion root powder (ditto with greenery containing a lot of vitamin K - what I was told is, if you like salads, have about the same amount every day and we'll see how it affects your INR). if you're self medicating and not reporting to the doctor that you're doing so or having your INR levels checked regularly, I suspect you've managed to luck out so far. Having had a spontaneous hemorrhage in my leg due to the coumadin, blood thinners are nothing to mess with.

Last edited by Vasily; 07-26-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal