Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 07:36 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,327,325 times

Advertisements

Sometimes (about 2-4 times a week) I smell a smokey scent in my space. I'm usually in the home office or my bedroom and usually alone. I try to pin down the scent and it's never in any objects near me. Just kind of lingering in the air. I've checked outside my windows and doors and nothing. The smell is always just in my space. There have been a few times when someone is home with me and I will call them into the room and see if they smell it and they never do.

It has been occurring pretty regularly, but I can't pin down any specific patterns. My family is somewhat superstitious and I totally am not. But it's been occurring so frequently that I thought I would ask what you all think on this forum.

If I had to describe it, it feels and smells like someone is smoking a pleasant-smelling cigarette or cigar right to the left or in front of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 08:31 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,416,906 times
Well, visiting spirits are capable of creating that affect to let you know of their presence.

It's happened to me also. If I'm around a real cigarette or cigar, I start coughing violently. But when this happens, I can smell the smoke just as strongly, but it doesn't make me cough.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:14 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,574,449 times
Years ago I worked in a haunted office area that used to be an old hospital. Pipe and cigar smells were frequently experienced by staff.

There were also full bodied apparitions seen and lots of poltergeist pranks like window shades going up and down, things being moved on desks, and so forth.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,280,891 times
I go through phases when I don't drink enough water. When it's colder like now...I haven't had enough water. If I don’t drink enough water for several days, I smell smoke. I don’t understand it either, it appears to be something my body does to let me know I need to drink more water.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:13 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,252,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
Sometimes (about 2-4 times a week) I smell a smokey scent in my space. I'm usually in the home office or my bedroom and usually alone. I try to pin down the scent and it's never in any objects near me. Just kind of lingering in the air. I've checked outside my windows and doors and nothing. The smell is always just in my space. There have been a few times when someone is home with me and I will call them into the room and see if they smell it and they never do.

It has been occurring pretty regularly, but I can't pin down any specific patterns. My family is somewhat superstitious and I totally am not. But it's been occurring so frequently that I thought I would ask what you all think on this forum.

If I had to describe it, it feels and smells like someone is smoking a pleasant-smelling cigarette or cigar right to the left or in front of me.
Check your electrical wiring before you suspect paranormal stuff. Feel all electrical connections. A Lazer heat gun for $20.00 might save you from a fire. Might be a mouse chewed a wire in the wall.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:26 AM

Yeah, check on all of the above. It is very strange. No one else smells it...ever. Even told the doctor about it. Doc is into the paranormal and told me that an ancestor was reaching out. So I've got two for possible paranormal activity and two for occam's razor.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:45 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,252,553 times
I would hate for your house to catch on fire if i am right. Years ago a friend smelled smoke and all it turned out to be was a mouse got crushed in the bottom of a toaster and baked a bit! Yes i understand that you don't have a toaster in your office. So many house's catch fire from a overhead light fixture fire in cool weather. Mice cozy up to a warm wire and just naturally chew and get zapped.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:19 AM

27,668 posts, read 16,166,190 times
Have you been using nasal spray? Allergy meds? I too had the sensation of smoke and it drove me mad,,,sorta. I think it was the fluctonaise

Old 11-15-2017, 09:36 AM

10,912 posts, read 7,417,733 times
I was thinking brain tumor, but fried mouse is more likely.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:44 AM

This has been happening on and off for a number of years now. House wiring is good, light seasonal allergies treated w otc. Geez, I hope it's not a brain tumor... yikes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal