Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 11:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,729,208 times

Advertisements

About 3 months ago, I woke up overnight to use the bathroom, I glanced out my bedroom window before going back to bed and saw some strange lights in the clouds. It was raining pretty steady, and the skies were covered in low clouds, there were 4 separate lights, they would start at a center point, spread out about 20ft and then go in a clockwise circular motion, and then all return to the center starting point, it did this numerous times, over and over again. Whatever they were attached to was within the clouds and I could not make out any shapes or lines.

At first I thought they were those sky lights used in advertising special events, (that was about how bright they were). but this was 4am on a rainy night so that didnt seem plausible.

Since then, I have seen these same lights, doing the same pattern, 2 more times, its always when the sky is cloud filled and always late at night. The earliest Ive seen them is around 1am and the latest was 4am. They are always in the same general area, sometimes they stay in one spot and other times, they move slowly away.

If I held a quarter at arms length, this is about how large they appeared to be in the sky, Im estimating they were about 300-400ft up.

I want to try to signal it somehow, Im thinking of using a powerful laser pointer, or an infrared laser pointer, just to see what happens. Ive searched online a little bit and powerful IR laser pointers are not that expensive but they are very dangerous as the beam and dot are invisible to the naked eye. I would be using a digital camera or IR glasses to see where Im directing the beam. Im just not sure of the range these IR lasers and laser pointers in general have. Most seem to be around 300mw, but it doesnt mention the range of the infrared.

Any suggestions or comments would be welcome, Im also open to paying someone to build a laser for this purpose, as building one seems to be pretty complex, I dont think I have the skills to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 12:03 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,018,999 times
First I would get on Google Maps and see if there is an airport, tall building, cell tower complex, water tower, or anything tall in that area. You wouldn't want to shine a laser up there if it's airplanes coming in for a landing.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:50 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,658,207 times
Have you ever reported the sitings?

National UFO Reporting Center

Old 02-11-2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
First I would get on Google Maps and see if there is an airport, tall building, cell tower complex, water tower, or anything tall in that area. You wouldn't want to shine a laser up there if it's airplanes coming in for a landing.
Nothing of the sort anywhere close to where these lights are showing up. Its actually right above the house in back of me, their house and backyard. Nothing of any significance in this area, there is a small bar, a church about a block away, other than that, its just older single family homes.

This is not a conventional aircraft, I may not have mentioned it, but there is no sound to whatever the lights are attached to, and it also hovers in one spot most of the time, when it does move, its very slowly. No red or green marker lights either(these would definitely shine thru clouds)

Old 02-11-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Have you ever reported the sitings?

National UFO Reporting Center
I want to get a little more information before I report it to NUFORC or MUFON.

I may get an outdoor surveillance camera and point it to the general area of the sky where it shows up in hopes it may pick up the lights, an IR camera may even pick up the craft its attached to as well.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:22 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,658,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I want to get a little more information before I report it to NUFORC or MUFON.

I may get an outdoor surveillance camera and point it to the general area of the sky where it shows up in hopes it may pick up the lights, an IR camera may even pick up the craft its attached to as well.
Good thought.

There may be other sitings, same dates or other dates reported in your area.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:16 AM

17,429 posts, read 11,435,708 times
Quote:
About 3 months ago, I woke up overnight to use the bathroom, I glanced out my bedroom window before going back to bed and saw some strange lights in the clouds. It was raining pretty steady, and the skies were covered in low clouds, there were 4 separate lights, they would start at a center point, spread out about 20ft and then go in a clockwise circular motion, and then all return to the center starting point, it did this numerous times, over and over again. Whatever they were attached to was within the clouds and I could not make out any shapes or lines.

At first I thought they were those sky lights used in advertising special events, (that was about how bright they were). but this was 4am on a rainy night so that didnt seem plausible.

Since then, I have seen these same lights, doing the same pattern, 2 more times, its always when the sky is cloud filled and always late at night. The earliest Ive seen them is around 1am and the latest was 4am. They are always in the same general area, sometimes they stay in one spot and other times, they move slowly away.

If I held a quarter at arms length, this is about how large they appeared to be in the sky, Im estimating they were about 300-400ft up.

I want to try to signal it somehow, Im thinking of using a powerful laser pointer, or an infrared laser pointer, just to see what happens. Ive searched online a little bit and powerful IR laser pointers are not that expensive but they are very dangerous as the beam and dot are invisible to the naked eye. I would be using a digital camera or IR glasses to see where Im directing the beam. Im just not sure of the range these IR lasers and laser pointers in general have. Most seem to be around 300mw, but it doesnt mention the range of the infrared.

Any suggestions or comments would be welcome, Im also open to paying someone to build a laser for this purpose, as building one seems to be pretty complex, I dont think I have the skills to do it.
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, if you see these lights so must hundreds if not thousands of other people.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, if you see these lights so must hundreds if not thousands of other people.
I doubt it, Not that many people paying attention to whats going on in the sky at 4am.

We had a cloudy rainy night last night, I stayed up til about 2am and checked the area periodically but nothing ever showed up.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:05 PM

22,995 posts, read 28,462,077 times
Quote:
I want to try to signal it somehow.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:40 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,720,038 times
Do they look like these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUs4IB-VUSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSJ2XYx86sU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal