Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 06:59 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Perhaps that means Bigfoot likes beer?

Big Foot likes to hang around people eating Jack Links! At least they know how to take a clear picture!

Old 09-23-2018, 07:48 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Perhaps that means Bigfoot likes beer?
No doubt. But none of those puny bottles. Bigfoot prefers chugging it by the keg.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When you ever see a BF then you will know for sure that thinking they are Bears is for the uniformed to believe.
I believe you. I’ve never seen a BF but I have seen a bear at night, at very close range & my brain did not say: “Human or BF ... wait; Bear!” It actually said “Whoa, big dog ... wait ...” Then I saw stringy, matted fur on its underbelly & the low-sitting shoulders & immediately thought: “Bear!”

Not once did anything appear to be “human-like” & certainly not like BF. My mountain-lion encounter was initially “a dog”, until I noticed a the rolling muscular movements in the shoulders & the length of the low-lying stretch as it ran. My very close fox encounter was also initially “a dog”, until I realized there were no jingling tags, no panting, no paws on pavement ... just a little canine face with huge ears that silently peeked at me around my open car door.

I guess dogs are my go-to four legged frame of reference, except we have a lot of deer & I never think those are a dog.

What strikes me about roadside BF sightings is the consistency of statements describing that “It crossed the road in 2 (or 3) strides”. Bears might adopt a bipedal stance or even ambulate that way but their hips & hind legs could never make “strides”.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In the U-Pick link, the OP provides, there is not one claim that you will see a BF. Considering they are in the business of growing fruit you would think they would know if they had a problem. If there were strange creatures running over their land; they would either use them to bring in tourist or try to stop the problem.

BF is not running all over the place; otherwise we would see great photographic evidence. In this thread he started he says to go to the orchard between 7 AM and dark. Then we will be told they only come out at night. There is always an exception to every single BF rule. All we need is evidence and that is what is lacking.
lol. The logic here is unrefutable. Some of these threads are very amusing. Thanks for the giggle, OP. And fisheye.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:30 PM

10,900 posts, read 7,393,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Just wondering something ... on this subform, I see a lot of semi-colons where there should be commas, and they're not just from one person. Is there something wrong with the settings on this forum that turns commas into semis?
It must mess up ellipses, too.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:14 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Some say these creatures are very gentle and others will say they are not.

Were any woman in my sphere of influence want to go walking alone in areas i consider BF active; then i would do my best to dissuade her from doing so. Better safe than sorry.

Common knowledge in the BF researching world that; People having sex is a great way to get a BF to come in close.
That would put a new meaning to the phrase "earth move under my feet".

Old 09-24-2018, 06:10 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Besides the link not working I have to ask: If there was a poll of TX Park Rangers; what percentage would say they have had a BF experience or that they believe in BF? I bet those numbers would be very low. I just don't like when we find one or two; we say or imply 'all'. All isn't all until you have done the research. In this case, without a good link, it could be one Ranger that was fired for mental problems? We do not know from the information provided.

Its from over a year ago. I am sure the state took down the facebook post because the realized they were being punked.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...t-11220454.php

The newspaper speculated:

The mysterious prints may have been the crafty work of someone who created Bigfoot shoes, like this Canadian artist.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:14 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I wonder if BF could be feral human. Except the elder Indians stated, "not related".

A feral human that grows to be 10 feet tall?

There are some NBA teams that would like to sign them to a contract.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:37 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Its from over a year ago. I am sure the state took down the facebook post because the realized they were being punked.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...t-11220454.php

The newspaper speculated:

The mysterious prints may have been the crafty work of someone who created Bigfoot shoes, like this Canadian artist.

Thanks for the working link!

With 'artist' crafting shoes it would make it even more difficult to say which prints are fake and which are real. But that is why we always ask for evidence.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:06 AM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Big foot was first sighted in 1830, 188 years ago, think about that.
There are many native American verbal descriptions as such that predate that by hundreds (thousands) of years.

That being said, there are ancient legends about unicorns (faked\embellished) as well as Kraken (real but embellished as to size).

There is definitely a blending between reality, folklore, myth, legend throughout history that make for a rich weaving of fantasy and reality.

So, that being said it all comes down to some level of reasonable physical proof.

First person to turn up an actual bigfoot corpse just earned themselves a winning powerball ticket.
That's sort of where I'm at on the topic...there is a huge huge payday to be made finding one but so far nobody has been able to produce one.

We can all talk about it until we're blue in the face but you can't prove a negative (that there is no such thing), so it is essentially an unverified claim until something substantive is produced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal