Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 11:20 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Guarantee I'm returning fire if shot at. Wearing orange isn't a requirement in many States. Anyone shooting at stuff moving needs to be banned from hunting for years.

It sounds like a made up story.
It might be a made up story, if it was just one person reporting it. According to the article, the exact same thing previously happened in the same general area to another person who described the vehicle as the same. The shooter might be a local drunk with rocks for brains and likes shooting at anything that moves. Maybe he's a would-be serial killer who has the thrill to ultimately kill someone. Or maybe he just gets his kicks out of scaring people, except his prank happens to be extremely dangerous. The guy sounds like he's trigger happy and needs to be caught and locked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 12:18 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Guarantee I'm returning fire if shot at. Wearing orange isn't a requirement in many States. Anyone shooting at stuff moving needs to be banned from hunting for years.

It sounds like a made up story.
Oh, we've had some idiots around here shoot at stuff they shouldn't have been shooting, because they failed to identify a proper target. Some have taken shots just because they saw/heard movement in the brush. People and [non-game] animals have been killed or wounded. I have a couple of sheepskin coats that are brown and white...I don't wear them in the woods during deer season. The black dog gets an orange vest, especially during bear season.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:06 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Some people are just really stupid and shoot at anything that moves. I don't know what kind of personal thrill they get out of killing anything that moves, but they obviously do since reports like this are not uncommon.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:40 AM

50,314 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It wasn't! I used to do a lot of grouse, pheasant and duck hunting. For pheasants you are on one side of a overgrown stone row and cannot always see what is on the other side. You shoot at birds in the air not realizing some of the pellets could fall on a hunter in the distance. Keep in mind that 7 and 1/2 shot is pretty harmless at 100 yards. For grouse you are in dense cover that you are pushing your body through and it is hard to see anything - I usually would whistle to let fellow hunters know my location. For ducks you are in a blind or on the edge of a pond as the sun first rises and some cloudy/foggy days do reduce visibility. Of course with duck hunting hunters are usually shooting at a higher angle in the sky.

One does not start a war because you had some fine shot hit you! Even for the story we are talking about, if true, the man was unhurt and simply did not want more bullets in his direction. It is odd that he did not take down the man's license plate. But, if he had shot back, there could have been a fatality and it could have been his.
I'm not talking bird shot, we have that happen while dove hunting. I'm talking about deliberate shots from a high power.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:48 AM

50,314 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Ain't no way someone got shot at and didn't call the cops.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:07 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
I'm not talking bird shot, we have that happen while dove hunting. I'm talking about deliberate shots from a high power.
We had one hunter that was a guest at our cabin that shot at a buck in my direction and his bullets hit within feet of where I was standing. One shot might have been inches from me. My response was not to shoot back. I was not wounded. I gave him a piece of my mind and he was never invited again. The last thing we ever want to do is to kill or injure another human; even if they think you're a BF! Most times simply shouting your position in the woods is enough to let one of these stupid and dangerous hunters know where you are at. The shooting stops, they did not injure anybody and you or me did not injure anybody - case closed. Once one starts thinking irrationally and returns fire then you have major problems!

Old 12-30-2018, 02:42 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
It might be a made up story.
Nah. That never happens when it comes to Bigfoot stories.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:08 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
It might be a made up story, if it was just one person reporting it. According to the article, the exact same thing previously happened in the same general area to another person who described the vehicle as the same. The shooter might be a local drunk with rocks for brains and likes shooting at anything that moves. Maybe he's a would-be serial killer who has the thrill to ultimately kill someone. Or maybe he just gets his kicks out of scaring people, except his prank happens to be extremely dangerous. The guy sounds like he's trigger happy and needs to be caught and locked up.
As I see it, the possibilities are:

Neither story is made up, and you really do have a wacko out there involved in both incidents.
The first story is made up and the second isn't. Uh, how many pickup trucks are there in MT?
The first story was "embellished" in the telling to make it more "dramatic".
The second story was made up when the woman reporting it read the story.
Some combination of the above.

The guy's story still doesn't smell right to me.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:48 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
As I see it, the possibilities are:

Neither story is made up, and you really do have a wacko out there involved in both incidents.
The first story is made up and the second isn't. Uh, how many pickup trucks are there in MT?
The first story was "embellished" in the telling to make it more "dramatic".
The second story was made up when the woman reporting it read the story.
Or:

The guy being shot at really was a Bigfoot. Only he was a were-Bigfoot, and after he knew he was about to get shot and proved to exist, he transformed back into his human form.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:22 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Or:

The guy being shot at really was a Bigfoot. Only he was a were-Bigfoot, and after he knew he was about to get shot and proved to exist, he transformed back into his human form.
Ah. Well played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal