Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 05:46 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
There's a part of me that really, REALLY, wants these sightings to be legit. Why? I have no clue, I just do, lol.

I do also. For me it opens up the world to all sorts of possibilities. Makes life more interesting. But I am not going to believe something just because I want it to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 06:19 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That is a very realistic looking dinosaur! I have to wonder if the pranksters would have saved the video if the heart of their subjects stopped? https://www.livescience.com/52573-ca...of-fright.html
I think he knew some of people who worked there. He called one young lady from his cell phone. Most of the "victims" were probably in good health. He also seemed to be aware of when the people were heading for their cars. He has some other "dino" prank videos out in public that show actual police officers present, and they didn't seem to mind when they found out it's just a prank. But you raise a good point. You never know, especially when pranking total strangers. I would think pranking the elderly, handicapped people, or children would be uncalled for.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:32 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I think he knew some of people who worked there. He called one young lady from his cell phone. Most of the "victims" were probably in good health. He also seemed to be aware of when the people were heading for their cars. He has some other "dino" prank videos out in public that show actual police officers present, and they didn't seem to mind when they found out it's just a prank. But you raise a good point. You never know, especially when pranking total strangers. I would think pranking the elderly, handicapped people, or children would be uncalled for.
Even when you know somebody does not mean that you really know them. People hide credit card debt and they also hide medical problems. Safe is not always safe. Like the link that I gave; it is possible that some of these pranks could backfire with terrible results.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I do also. For me it opens up the world to all sorts of possibilities. Makes life more interesting. But I am not going to believe something just because I want it to be true.
I think it's reasonable to hold reservations when not knowing if something is real or not. The problem with the woman in Kentucky is that she wasn't able to clearly identify "the creature", and her husband didn't see it but said he only saw what was described as a shadow. It could have been anything, including a bear, reflective glass, someone jumping off the road, etc. Who knows? Or she might have been semi-drowsy, startled by anything, saw something, and the mind goes wild. She didn't have much in the way of any details about "the creature", other than it was looking at them. I'd be looking at them too if I saw a car at night barreling down the road. Apparently, she didn't indicate that she stopped, so I presume she just kept going.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Even when you know somebody does not mean that you really know them. People hide credit card debt and they also hide medical problems. Safe is not always safe. Like the link that I gave; it is possible that some of these pranks could backfire with terrible results.
I agree that things could go terribly wrong. In some similar pranks, what if the "victim" had a gun and decided to use it for protection? I've seen some pranks where the "victim" gets pretty angry and starts hitting. The original point I was making about the dino costume, is that it looks pretty realistic, especially when the surroundings are a little bit dark.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:01 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
I think I heard about this on the news.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:26 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I think it's reasonable to hold reservations when not knowing if something is real or not. The problem with the woman in Kentucky is that she wasn't able to clearly identify "the creature", and her husband didn't see it but said he only saw what was described as a shadow. It could have been anything, including a bear, reflective glass, someone jumping off the road, etc. Who knows? Or she might have been semi-drowsy, startled by anything, saw something, and the mind goes wild. She didn't have much in the way of any details about "the creature", other than it was looking at them. I'd be looking at them too if I saw a car at night barreling down the road. Apparently, she didn't indicate that she stopped, so I presume she just kept going.

What I found curious about this and one reason I started the thread was that why did this story make it to a mainstream Kentucky news site? I found that odd. There appears to be no physical evidence or others that saw whatever this was. Even the couple saw different things. Yet the story got legs for some reason. Perhaps a slow news day.

There has been numerous times where I have seen something out of the corner of my eye that I thought was one thing and with closer examination is something much more benign.

For me it takes physical evidence that backs up the eyewitness accounts. Without it its hard for me to take it seriously.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:23 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What I found curious about this and one reason I started the thread was that why did this story make it to a mainstream Kentucky news site? I found that odd. There appears to be no physical evidence or others that saw whatever this was. Even the couple saw different things. Yet the story got legs for some reason. Perhaps a slow news day.
The 'news' is no longer the news. I believe that we are now down to five corporations that own 90% of the news we see, hear, and read about in America. It used to be six corporations (https://www.businessinsider.com/thes...america-2012-6) and at some time in the future it will probably be just one.

That happened to my little home town. They bought out the local newspaper and then the local TV station/internet company and my news is edited by a corporate headquarters four hours away. We are lucky to see one to four local stories each day. Most of those stories have nothing to do with what most of us would consider the news (very few local fire or police stories). They are fluff stories that do not need local reporters, they cut down on the staff to just a few.

Personally my feeling is that newspapers are dead. But we do need online news that tells us the good and the bad and news that can be questioned by the public. We need a revolution in accurate and timely information. In 1983 we had 50 corporations that controlled the news and we had competition. Perhaps we should return to our roots with a modern twist?

Old 12-28-2018, 07:51 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
It's just an escapee from Ken Ham's 'ark'.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
The 'news' is no longer the news. I believe that we are now down to five corporations that own 90% of the news we see, hear, and read about in America. It used to be six corporations (https://www.businessinsider.com/thes...america-2012-6) and at some time in the future it will probably be just one.

That happened to my little home town. They bought out the local newspaper and then the local TV station/internet company and my news is edited by a corporate headquarters four hours away. We are lucky to see one to four local stories each day. Most of those stories have nothing to do with what most of us would consider the news (very few local fire or police stories). They are fluff stories that do not need local reporters, they cut down on the staff to just a few.

Personally my feeling is that newspapers are dead. But we do need online news that tells us the good and the bad and news that can be questioned by the public. We need a revolution in accurate and timely information. In 1983 we had 50 corporations that controlled the news and we had competition. Perhaps we should return to our roots with a modern twist?
If you look back to the times before 6 private corporations owned all the media outlets, THOSE were the days when stories like this would be printed, back in the 40s and 50s there were numerous UFO newspaper articles, that would NEVER be printed today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal