Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 01:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Put yourself in their shoes. You keep getting these letters and phony pictures from people about this fictitious animal, so what are you going to do?
Me? I would put this guy in charge:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 04:01 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,906,411 times
Yikes 16 pages of letters. Let's cut to the chase of that lessons in useless bureaucracy:

FBI investigated hair fibers thought to be Bigfoot
FBI analyzed it (I am amazed that they did) and concluded it was deer hair.
Case closed.

No telling how many millions of dollars in man hours this took. Our taxpayer dollars at work.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:32 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,492,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I havent read thru the entire release, but even without doing that, I feel safe saying, there is probably NOTHING that is going to be shocking to anyone in the records!! lol
I feel safe saying that even if the full files, classified and declassified, were released that there is NOTHING in that file that supports the existence of Big Foot.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I feel safe saying that even if the full files, classified and declassified, were released that there is NOTHING in that file that supports the existence of Big Foot.
ID love to hear the explanation on why the FBI needed to have a file on Bigfoot, much less, why anything even remotely associated with Bigfoot, would need to be classified from the public!

Old 06-07-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
ID love to hear the explanation on why the FBI needed to have a file on Bigfoot, much less, why anything even remotely associated with Bigfoot, would need to be classified from the public!
Why do they have a file on Burl Ives and Lucy Ball? What explanation do you need besides "It's the Government we are talking about". They waste taxpayer money from time to time, they live and breath on paperwork, and they store each and every paper processed from it in some dusty dingy file cabinets that are retained in some gigantic warehouse. Eventually someone does a Freedom of Information request and it makes it to this cool internet site called the FBI vault. I suspect it was never really classified, it was just that no one cared to look it up and it takes time and money to dig these out these files from the dusty file cabinet and scan these documents. However, sometimes items remain unreleased until the subject it dead.

So, maybe what this shows is Mr Bigfoot, alone and living in the mountains of Montana somewhere, died!

Last edited by Dd714; 06-07-2019 at 12:23 PM..

Old 06-07-2019, 12:18 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Exactly. I was shocked and a little disgusted to find out the FBI even had a file. That it was only 16 pages made me feel a little better.

Now if the Game and Fish Department or the Wildlife Service has a file on sightings, that would make some sense. But the FBI? That's just weird.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:32 PM

That FBI vault by the way is AWESOME! I can spend all afternoon looking at it. Lots of old gangster files, Celebrities they've investigated (Liberace, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley). Old scanned documents and pictures, original handwriting (some parts still redacted). Old articles. They have a section in there for unexplained phenomena but I am going to spend the afternoon looking at files on George Burns, etc.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:35 PM

797 posts, read 239,158 times
I believe zero when it comes to governments and bureaus such as the FBI.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:29 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,526,789 times
Quote:
I saw no indication that it was classified. There are millions of unclassified files in the government that the public never sees.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:30 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,526,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Size18 View Post
I believe zero when it comes to governments and bureaus such as the FBI.
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal