Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 05:34 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

We touched on this in another thread. It seems as if a group who create a fictional character can give it actual thought-form life as a spirit which interacts with other humans.

The Philip Experiment

Quote:
In September 1972, the Toronto Society for Psychical Research, along with poltergeist expert Dr. A.R.G. Owen, set out to accomplish one singular objective: To create a ghost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 08:15 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,028,242 times
I used to know a woman who was super serious about venturing into the far reaches of psychic development and metaphysics--way beyond what I would ever consider getting into, and I was a professional psychic and energy worker. One time when we were chatting, she told me that she had participated in an experiment like this with a group of like-minded individuals. It apparently took them a while, like a few months, but they persisted, and they finally succeeded in intentionally creating one of these. She called it a Tulpa. She said that it was really cool and exciting when they first realized they had done it. They thought that since they had created it, they would be able to control it. But very quickly, it began mischievously acting out on its own, in dangerous ways, like a poltergeist, and it got scary. I seem recall that she said it actually set a fire one time when they were meeting up.

I can't remember if they were finally able to control or eliminate it, or if it was somehow tied to the place where they had met up and they simply left and never went back, but based on her experiences, she was firmly against the idea of people trying to do this.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:20 PM

Isn't that how we manifest things into our lives - by focusing energy and intention onto it? It is said that if you create thoughtforms in the 'level' above this one and then feed it with energy, it will eventually manifest on this 'level' in reality.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Seems like I read something awhile back that was similar to this, it was basically saying that 'mind over matter' could have unlimited potential applications.

Harnessing our minds power seems to be the hurdle was the impression I got from it though.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:12 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,558,235 times
Have any of you ever seen the dvd "Lucy?"

It feeds into the thought of using more than 10% of ones' brain power. A very interesting movie, that could support
some of the claims laid out in this thread. As one poster put it, "mind over matter."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/

Old 07-19-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Have any of you ever seen the dvd "Lucy?"

It feeds into the thought of using more than 10% of ones' brain power. A very interesting movie, that could support
some of the claims laid out in this thread. As one poster put it, "mind over matter."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/
Yes, Ive seen it, was a pretty good movie, although Im not sure how accurate they were in describing how we would be if used more and more percentage of our mind, there could be good reasons why we are limited to using such a small percentage of our minds?!

Old 07-20-2019, 09:19 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, Ive seen it, was a pretty good movie, although Im not sure how accurate they were in describing how we would be if used more and more percentage of our mind, there could be good reasons why we are limited to using such a small percentage of our minds?!
10% of our brain is composed of neurons, and 90% of glial cells. We're only starting to understand what glial cells do - in the past, it was thought they only provided insulation and support for the neurons.

Quote:
Ultimately, it's not that we use 10 percent of our brains, merely that we only understand about 10 percent of how it functions.
Source: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-their-brains/

It's suspected glial cells may have something to do with imagination and creativity:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-thought-what/

Old 07-20-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
10% of our brain is composed of neurons, and 90% of glial cells. We're only starting to understand what glial cells do - in the past, it was thought they only provided insulation and support for the neurons.

Source: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-their-brains/

It's suspected glial cells may have something to do with imagination and creativity:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-thought-what/
Ive always believed people that have psychic and similar abilities, have learned how to access functions of the mind, that most of us, cannot.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:05 AM

2,962 posts, read 864,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
We touched on this in another thread. It seems as if a group who create a fictional character can give it actual thought-form life as a spirit which interacts with other humans.

The Philip Experiment
Thanks for the link. I read about the experiment. I don’t see it the way you described it, though. They performed a seance and experienced poltergeist activity. They communicated with an entity via a tapping sound, but this is more likely an encounter with what’s known as a “familiar spirit.” not a made-up fictional character. This explanation from the article is more likely the truth of the matter. Manifesting something by the power of the will is the essence of occult practices.

Quote:
Others think the group may have “opened a door,” so to speak, that Philip was in fact a ghost or, worse, a demon playing along with the participants’ desires to “create” a thoughtform. In that case, they didn’t design a tulpa; they conjured an actual spirit

Old 07-21-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
this is more likely an encounter with what’s known as a “familiar spirit.”not a made-up fictional character. This explanation from the article is more likely the truth of the matter. Manifesting something by the power of the will is the essence of occult practices.
So, I understood a familar was a created energetic entity whicy did the bidding of the one who created it. Witches were said to create these in the form of a black cat where they could see through its eyes(perhaps) or go where the witch would be recognized if she herself went.

This is an occult made-up energy construct which they 'willed' or 'intended' into being - just like they were doing in the experiment. No? I dont see the difference between what they are doing and a familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal