Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 12:15 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times

Advertisements

I was once an avid listener of Coast to Coast from 1995-2009 when Bell was running it. He had done a test of the Power of Intention when a hurricane was set to hit Florida and damned if it didn't change course a few hours later rolling northeast and out to sea. Apparently, George Noory has carried on the tradition.

I believe in the collective consciousness and fully believe that if enough people think/say the same thoughts in a single voice that anything can be changed. Dorian appears to be developing into a rare super hurricane. I'll be adding my voice.

A very interesting read:

The Power of Intention Dampened Hurricane Irma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 12:17 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
"I'll be adding my voice."
well, for good or evil?

Old 09-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"I'll be adding my voice."
well, for good or evil?

Stop it!

Such a cynical question at such a time is childish.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:53 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I was once an avid listener of Coast to Coast from 1995-2009 when Bell was running it. He had done a test of the Power of Intention when a hurricane was set to hit Florida and damned if it didn't change course a few hours later rolling northeast and out to sea. Apparently, George Noory has carried on the tradition.
Wow I was just thinking this.

Here is my circumstantial evidence.

- I live in the Northeast and typically when we are aware of a storm coming our way early, it doesn't. It is rare for the storm to follow the path that was originally set out for it. Conversely we tend to get socked when we don't see something coming or no one is aware of it. Such as the April Fools day storm in 1997.

- I feel like when the world is watching a potential tragedy occur... it doesn't. The greatest tragedies are always when no one is watching. I cite Apollo 13, Baby Jessica, and several miners who got trapped and it seemed unlikely they would make it. But they did! I believe that this is what prayer is... people "pushing" the outcome of something.

- Conversely, sometimes there is a tragedy that I feel... secretly had a ton of people wishing for it. For instance, everyone went around saying the Titanic was "unsinkable" and I feel that anyone who heard that said to themselves in the back of their head, I hope it sinks. And did you know that if the Titanic hit the iceberg dead on it wouldn't have sunk quickly. It hit the iceberg by scraping it and that put small holes in each of the different compartments - causing water to be put in many different compartments. I cite also, the challenger in 86 as we were all watching because of the teacher and space and had our time wasted several times when the lift off had to be scrapped. I also cite the Hindenberg because it was a German ship.

I suspect that this effect is growing in power with the internet and almost instant news.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:31 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
What about Katrina? It did exactly what everyone was fearing it would do. You could say the same thing about Andrew, or even Harvey.

The paths that hurricanes take are notoriously unpredictable and always have been.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:08 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
From an occult point of view, intention is enormously important too, and is what I suspect rituals are designed to do - to focus intent on the outcome.

If you believe everything is energy, then we are energy beings living in an energy hologram. Some people even believe we are directing our own life path. So, it is perfectly possible that 'heaven' is made up of constructs which various groups have designed and created for themselves. Christians expect to see one thing, Muslims expect to see another, and those that do not believe life continues will get just darkness - as they expect. However, they may find themselves conscious in another place which will eventually mean life goes on...perhaps.

What is that experiment where the scientists have really random number generators placed across the globe? These are supposedly influenced by mass thought and they look for patterns just before huge world events?

There is also the cliff high website at halfpasthuman.com where the internet is the source of predictions for the future and trends due to masses of people thinking along similar lines.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
What about Katrina? It did exactly what everyone was fearing it would do. You could say the same thing about Andrew, or even Harvey.

The paths that hurricanes take are notoriously unpredictable and always have been.

Odd the thing slowed to a crawl and then north. Florida still hasn't recovered from the last one.

No human should be able to lift a car yet they do if it means saving a life. Attribute it to adrenal overload, but there's more to it than that.

I know what you're saying, but if one doesn't try it's just giving up. Even if a solution might be bogus it gives hope and hope is a powerful thing. We simply do not understand how or why everything works as it does.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
I don't remember it that way. Until the very end we didn't know where it was going... and frankly where I was it was much less than advertised. In theory, you could say that maybe the people in New England were more intentional than the ones in New York.

Quote:
What is that experiment where the scientists have really random number generators placed across the globe? These are supposedly influenced by mass thought and they look for patterns just before huge world events?
Some people say that science studies are influenced by thought. Accordingly studies can often be wrong. I think that is absolutely true. For a while I read studies on Science News and they were useless. Mostly they contradicted each other. If in fact, humans can influence their surroundings based on their thoughts... this might explain why studies don't always work out as expected and why tightly controlled studies can have wildly different results.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:19 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I don't remember it that way. Until the very end we didn't know where it was going... and frankly where I was it was much less than advertised. In theory, you could say that maybe the people in New England were more intentional than the ones in New York.
As soon as Katrina entered the Gulf after crossing Florida, New Orleans was in the cone of probability (which, back then, was much larger than nowadays). I remember being in college when it hit. Several coastal Louisiana parishes were under mandatory evacuation orders and the mayor of New Orleans declared a state of emergency, two days before it hit. I remember seeing it all over the news that weekend before and it made the direct hit on a Monday.

The problem with the “theory” is that hurricanes are notoriously fickle beasts and difficult to predict. It’s easy to speculate that when you think it hits place X and doesn’t it’s the “power of intention” of place X, and when it hits place Y instead it’s because the people in place Y weren’t expecting it... but where’s the evidence of that? If hurricanes naturally followed a more direct path, maybe that might hold water. But they don’t. And I think the reasons are more meteorological than metaphysical.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
but where’s the evidence of that?
My evidence is that I have noticed the pattern in my life time that whenever I think we are going to get sacked and there is plenty of time for people to ring their hands about it... we don't get sacked. That is enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal