Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 11:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

I was on MUFONs website earlier reading about a mother whose son is apparently having physical and mental health problems resulting from what she claims are regular visits from alien visitors, she didnt mention the boy being abducted, but she was basically writing to MUFON or anyone, trying to get some help, she claimed she has contacted the FBI, as well as local and state police, (they told her they do not have the resources to help her).

I have no idea if her claim is real or not, but it did give me an idea to experiment with, that may result in some interesting replies or contacts, basically I would the same thing but tweeked a little bit and contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.

OK, now its times for comments, suggestions, theories on what may result maybe? Im down for it, no worries!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 12:08 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
We wont worry, but you might. It seems a rather foolish thing to do, to invite the authorities to focus on you. You may become one of those who disappear into the depths of Dulce base where they keep people and experiment on them. However, I suspect that if you were interesting, then you would already have been subject to these attentions.

The phrase "Be careful what you wish for, you miight get it" comes to mind.

What makes you think they would be interested in you anyway?

Old 11-13-2019, 05:47 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
This seems selfish and and ignorant. You would purposefully call or file false reports for your personal benefit. Good luck. I hope they find a charge for that.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:51 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
OK, now its times for comments, suggestions, theories on what may result maybe? Im down for it, no worries!
It sounds to me like this lady and/or her son may need psychological counseling, and no, that is not something law enforcement can provide.

I certainly wouldn't "experiment" with baiting law enforcement's attention. Filing a false report is a crime. Proceed with caution.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It sounds to me like this lady and/or her son may need psychological counseling, and no, that is not something law enforcement can provide.

I certainly wouldn't "experiment" with baiting law enforcement's attention. Filing a false report is a crime. Proceed with caution.
Filing a false UFO report is a crime?

Old 11-13-2019, 11:22 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
I was on MUFONs website earlier reading about a mother whose son is apparently having physical and mental health problems resulting from what she claims are regular visits from alien visitors, she didnt mention the boy being abducted, but she was basically writing to MUFON or anyone, trying to get some help, she claimed she has contacted the FBI, as well as local and state police, (they told her they do not have the resources to help her).

I have no idea if her claim is real or not, but it did give me an idea to experiment with, that may result in some interesting replies or contacts, basically I would the same thing but tweeked a little bit and contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.

OP, we know nothing about this case. I knew a woman who started claiming visits from extra-terrestrials, swearing this and that happened (long time ago don't recall details), they were doing experiments on her or something, but it turned out, she was having a mental health breakdown. Her family was urging her to move back with them, so they could take care of her. I don't recall now, if she had a child at the time, as well; your mention of it seems to ring a bell.

Anyway, we have no way to evaluate this story.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This seems selfish and and ignorant. You would purposefully call or file false reports for your personal benefit. Good luck. I hope they find a charge for that.
But they claim there is no current federal investigations into UFO reports...if I filed a fake one and it turned out they DO indeed look into these things and take them seriously, that in itself would be very significant.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:46 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:

No, you do not want the attention from the alphabet agencies with false claims of aliens. At best, you will get a file labeling you as a nut. No point to this at all.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:09 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Filing a false UFO report is a crime?
Filing a false report of the police about anything is a crime, yes.

Will they bust you on it? Depends. If you call 911 and say reptiloids from Thurgatron just landed a flying saucer on your lawn, they will most likely just ignore you. If the cops are bored and having nothing better to do, they might send over an officer or two to make sure you aren't on a bad trip or having a psychotic breakdown. If they determine that you have wasted police time on purpose by knowingly filing a false report, then yes, you probably will be prosecuted. I doubt you'll get shipped off to Super Max, but you'll likely be fined and might even get to spend the night in jail.

Bottom line: It's never a good idea to lie to the police.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:31 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Sounds to me like she's a candidate for a diagnosis of Munchausen by Proxy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal