Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 10:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

I read earlier tonight, that Tom Delonges new company, 'To the stars', has bought those mysterious 'exotic metals' that were mentioned in the big NY Times article last year!

The article didnt go into much detail, other than saying they paid $35K for the lot of metals (which they estimate is roughly about 8 pallets worth of material, however they do not know what form the metals are in, but I have a feeling they are holding onto a lot of this information, for a future whopper of a story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2019, 02:56 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I read earlier tonight, that Tom Delonges new company, 'To the stars', has bought those mysterious 'exotic metals' that were mentioned in the big NY Times article last year!

The article didnt go into much detail, other than saying they paid $35K for the lot of metals (which they estimate is roughly about 8 pallets worth of material, however they do not know what form the metals are in, but I have a feeling they are holding onto a lot of this information, for a future whopper of a story.
It's my understanding that "Unidentified" will have a second season, presumably starting in the Spring so they're probably searching for subject matter.

Keep in mind that the entire AATIP program was a pork barrel project, with federal funds obtained by Harry Reed's influence in the Senate, and sole-sourced to a Nevada (Harry Reid was a Nevada senator) company headed by a guy who is a staunch believer in UFOs. Did the whole program find anything real? I have no idea, but it sounds a little fishy.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:29 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I like Contact 2019 rather than Unidentified.

I feel that TTSA is stringing it all out and like the Steven Greer bunch, they promise lots and will deliver nothing. I suspect these organisations are merely extensions of the government disinfo agenda.

I am sure there is plenty of information which can be released about exotic power sources and materials and both organisations have said they will develop these for the people which I think is a crock of ###.

Some things are above making profits for greedy corporations and I think a worldwide unlimited power source is one of those inventions which the world needs to end poverty. There are plenty of opportunities for companies to make use of that released free energy technology and make their profits on those peripheral products which are currently too expensive.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
It's my understanding that "Unidentified" will have a second season, presumably starting in the Spring so they're probably searching for subject matter.

Keep in mind that the entire AATIP program was a pork barrel project, with federal funds obtained by Harry Reed's influence in the Senate, and sole-sourced to a Nevada (Harry Reid was a Nevada senator) company headed by a guy who is a staunch believer in UFOs. Did the whole program find anything real? I have no idea, but it sounds a little fishy.
Well, if Delonges new organization bought these metals for $35K, Im assuming they exist!

If this is true, then that attempt to make it seem like they didnt really exist, would be exposed out in the open for what it was...disinformation, attempting to lie and deceive the public (once again).

Old 12-28-2019, 06:18 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Well, if Delonges new organization bought these metals for $35K, Im assuming they exist!

If this is true, then that attempt to make it seem like they didnt really exist, would be exposed out in the open for what it was...disinformation, attempting to lie and deceive the public (once again).
We both look for different links and articles when we research any anomaly. Here is what I found on your "exotic metals": A Potential Solution to the Mystery of the "Alien" Metal Promoted by "To the Stars" - Jason Colavito. The link describes the principal investigators as: "Nolan is a microbiologist. Vallée is a computer scientist and venture capitalist. Puthoff trained as an electrical engineer and spent his career in parapsychology. None has expertise in metals or their claimed quantum processes of producing unusual metals."

It is a long link from Jason Colavito and many of the replies are from metallurgist that are familiar with the metals and how they were formed. No aliens!

As far as no one would waste $35K; they would if they had bigger fish to fry. What I mean is that Bigelow was busy hitting up Reid for millions of taxpayer dollars. $35K is not a bad investment if you can recoup millions!

Old 12-28-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We both look for different links and articles when we research any anomaly. Here is what I found on your "exotic metals": A Potential Solution to the Mystery of the "Alien" Metal Promoted by "To the Stars" - Jason Colavito. The link describes the principal investigators as: "Nolan is a microbiologist. Vallée is a computer scientist and venture capitalist. Puthoff trained as an electrical engineer and spent his career in parapsychology. None has expertise in metals or their claimed quantum processes of producing unusual metals."

It is a long link from Jason Colavito and many of the replies are from metallurgist that are familiar with the metals and how they were formed. No aliens!

As far as no one would waste $35K; they would if they had bigger fish to fry. What I mean is that Bigelow was busy hitting up Reid for millions of taxpayer dollars. $35K is not a bad investment if you can recoup millions!
You are neglecting to consider there is active effort to suppress this kind of information from the public...of course they are going to make it look like these metals are nothing special at all and nothing to do with aliens.

You have to remember, this is what Govt does when they try to deceive the public (and not just related to aliens), a similar attempt led to the invasion of Iraq...they were SO positive Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and they were a HUGE threat to the worlds safety...but, we know today, that was not true at all, they lied and deceived, to justify invading Iraq...(this is just what they do).

Another example, back in the 1930s when they created the drug laws, they stated that "its mostly Hispanics, blacks and entertainers that use marijuana, and when they are under the influence, it causes them to attack white women" (this is an actual quote)...here again, they lied to the public, as to justify creating drug laws...we know today that quote is complete BS, it was never true.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:

I've read Jason Colavito's blogs (or whatever they're called) and he's about as biased toward debunking side as other nuts like Steven Greer are on the other end of the spectrum. Colavito also seems angry all the time - bitter about something.

But regarding the metals - $35K for a large quantity of "alien" metals is a heckuva bargain.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You are neglecting to consider there is active effort to suppress this kind of information from the public...of course they are going to make it look like these metals are nothing special at all and nothing to do with aliens.

You have to remember, this is what Govt does when they try to deceive the public (and not just related to aliens), a similar attempt led to the invasion of Iraq...they were SO positive Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and they were a HUGE threat to the worlds safety...but, we know today, that was not true at all, they lied and deceived, to justify invading Iraq...(this is just what they do).

Another example, back in the 1930s when they created the drug laws, they stated that "its mostly Hispanics, blacks and entertainers that use marijuana, and when they are under the influence, it causes them to attack white women" (this is an actual quote)...here again, they lied to the public, as to justify creating drug laws...we know today that quote is complete BS, it was never true.
62, I'm not sure how you know there is an active effort [presumably by the government] to suppress this kind of information. Sure, that's an ongoing conspiracy theory, but I've never seen any proof of such a thing.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:45 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:

Of course it can be disinformation! On the other hand politics were at play here. We do know that Harry Reid did earmark $22 million for UFO research in 2007 and some, maybe all, went to his friend Mr. Bigelow. What did the taxpayers get for their money? I have also seen several mentions of a connection with the Church of Scientology and I have no idea how that all plays out.

When it comes to suppressing information we have to figure out why that information is being suppressed. There is always a chance that it is not being suppressed because of national security. People love money and that can also be a driving force. Taking care of 'friends' that take care of you is also a driving force. How many poor politicians do we have?

As far as that 'large quantity' of alien metal: what I read was a description in inches. If you have information about larger quantities let us know.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Of course it can be disinformation! On the other hand politics were at play here. We do know that Harry Reid did earmark $22 million for UFO research in 2007 and some, maybe all, went to his friend Mr. Bigelow. What did the taxpayers get for their money? I have also seen several mentions of a connection with the Church of Scientology and I have no idea how that all plays out.

When it comes to suppressing information we have to figure out why that information is being suppressed. There is always a chance that it is not being suppressed because of national security. People love money and that can also be a driving force. Taking care of 'friends' that take care of you is also a driving force. How many poor politicians do we have?

As far as that 'large quantity' of alien metal: what I read was a description in inches. If you have information about larger quantities let us know.
In his original post, he mentioned perhaps "8 pallets" of mystery metal, which sounds like it could be hundreds to thousands of pounds. I haven't read anything about the purchase, but if he got that much of real, honest-to-god alien metal, it should be worth a lot more than $35K. I'm not sure how you'd determine if a metal was of earthly or extraterrestrial origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal