Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 05:26 AM

7 posts, read 4,715 times

Advertisements

From hidden treasures buried in a place nobody knows to some of the biggest and largest treasures ever seen,this is 5 list of lost treasures still waiting to be found.(more entertain inside the link) Mod cut.
Fenn treasure
The Fenn Treasure has eluded countless adventurers and claimed four lives since it was buried by antiques dealer and author Forrest Fenn in 2010 somewhere in the American West. The treasure is said to contain gold, gemstones and jewellery worth $2 million.
Irish Crown Jewels
The Irish Crown Jewels were stolen in 1907 from a safe in Dublin Castle. The jewels, which include a gemstone-encrusted star and badge of the Order of St Patrick, though they are thought to be buried somewhere in the Wicklow Mountains. Valuing about $20 million Today, the stolen gems have never been found.
Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine
The Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine is said to be located somewhere in Arizona's rugged Superstition Mountains. Believed that there have gold worth $200 million. An estimated 500 adventurers have died looking for the mythical treasure, making the search for Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine the most dangerous treasure hunt in the world.
San Miguel(1551 shipwreck)
This ship was destroyed in a hurricane on 29 April 1551 off the coast of Santo Domingo in what is now the Dominican Republic. It is thought to have been carrying cargo valued at $2 billion. Shipwreck hunters have been looking for the San Miguel for centuries yet the wreck remains undiscovered.
Flor de la Mar
the Flor de la Mar, which was lost off the coast of Sumatra in November 1511, is still out there. The 400-ton Portuguese vessel was laden with lavish treasures, including gold goblets, precious jewels and vast amounts of gold bullion, worth $2.6 billion.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-06-2020 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Spam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2020, 11:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I just heard about one recently, I think its the Fenn treasure, searchers get a long list a clues and its up to them to solve the problems and find where the treasure is, although 'somewhere' in the American west is pretty vague!

Hopefully technology will eventually help people to find these lost treasures.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:02 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
I have always been curious if some of the lost treasures have been found and not reported? When you figure that many might not want to 'share' with a government or others some might forgo officially announcing they found a treasure. They might even melt down precious historical gold/silver pieces and have precious gemstones reworked? Of course it would depend on the regulations, the location of the find, and claims of the past owners. Picture a treasure hunter that finds the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine but it is located on private property; would they be quick to tell the world? Or the person that finds the Irish Crown Jewels; would they come forward for just a small reward? Of course there is the possibility that the Irish Crown Jewels have already been reworked for a quick sale and are now scattered around the globe?

Old 03-01-2020, 12:30 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have always been curious if some of the lost treasures have been found and not reported? When you figure that many might not want to 'share' with a government or others some might forgo officially announcing they found a treasure. They might even melt down precious historical gold/silver pieces and have precious gemstones reworked? Of course it would depend on the regulations, the location of the find, and claims of the past owners. Picture a treasure hunter that finds the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine but it is located on private property; would they be quick to tell the world? Or the person that finds the Irish Crown Jewels; would they come forward for just a small reward? Of course there is the possibility that the Irish Crown Jewels have already been reworked for a quick sale and are now scattered around the globe?
Thats certainly possible, but with a treasure as large as the Dutchmans is said to be, I think they would have a hard time explaining how they acquired so much gold, when they go to convert it into cash...although Im not sure if you can actually buy things with gold either, (or if banks would accept gold bars/coins)?

Old 03-01-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats certainly possible, but with a treasure as large as the Dutchmans is said to be, I think they would have a hard time explaining how they acquired so much gold, when they go to convert it into cash...although Im not sure if you can actually buy things with gold either, (or if banks would accept gold bars/coins)?
There are places all over that sell and buy gold/silver bars and coins. Of course they are in it as a business and expect to make money on the transaction.

Don't forget that Dutchman's treasure is filled with a lot of folklore. It might not even exist?

Old 03-01-2020, 02:00 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Fenn stated he knew someone had been within 10 feet of his treasure more than once.

The Dutchman mine is, IMO, a legend and never existed.

The Irish crown jewels were most likely split up and sold

The sunken ships will probably never be found.

Old 03-01-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Fenn stated he knew someone had been within 10 feet of his treasure more than once.

The Dutchman mine is, IMO, a legend and never existed.

The Irish crown jewels were most likely split up and sold

The sunken ships will probably never be found.
I will agree with you except on maybe the last one about the sunken ship. We are seeing more and more of these treasures found as the better technology is deployed.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:18 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

I was kind of wondering that too, especially with the sunken ship treasures. Tides and time can wash things ashore, I would think.

I remember when I was a kid, living in Florida, we went to a museaum that had a display of gold coins and pieces of jewelry that had washed up to shore.

If I remember correctly, found buried treasure is supposed to be reported...as it's considered belonging to whatever state or water body it's found in. I think (with Florida at least) Florida takes a BIG chunk of money from the finding. IF it gets reported.

If I was just walking along the beach and found a piece of jewelry, or a gemstone or gold coin...I don't think I'd report it.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:56 AM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
The Copper Scroll is another treasure not yet found (if you can believe television documentaries on the subject).

Old 03-02-2020, 12:14 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The Copper Scroll is another treasure not yet found (if you can believe television documentaries on the subject).
I might be wrong, but it was found. If I recall, it was never really a legend, it was just discovered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal