Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 03:30 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times

Advertisements

I was really debating putting this out there because it is sort of personal but here it is.

When I was 18 I dropped acid for the first time. For the entire evening I had something weird happen. I kept hearing, in my mind, the number 19 over and over. It would not stop. ..19...19...19..this went on all evening and it finally did stop. I wasn't much of an acid taker really, only did it 2-3 times.
As the years went on I often wondered if there was any meaning to that night and 19 in particular.
Well , it is 2020 so I thought I would share what 19 has meant to me since then (1973). These are both personal and public events that have happened on the 19th of any month...

1/19/74 - became born-again christian in an instant.
12/19/75 - became engaged
10/19/81 - terminated from job while married with 2 kids from a job I loved.
9/19/85 -Mexico City 7.8 Earthquake
10/19/87 - Largest stock market drop in a single day even to this day
4/19/89 - Iowa battleship turret explosion
4/19/91 - Soviet Union collapses and communist party banned
4/19/93 - Waco Seige
9/19/94- US invades Haiti
4/19/94- Oklahoma city bombing
12/19/98 - Bill Clinton Impeached
9/11/01 (19 backwards) - 19 Hijackers
3/19/03 - US invades Iraq2
7/19/19 - me personally hospitalized with sepsis. 5 days in hospital beginning the 19th (fully recovered by the way)

And now..

12/31/2019 - China officially confirms coronavirus now named Covid19.

Pretty weird or ??? Is this coincidence? I didn't plan anything personal either with that date in mind

Last edited by Zero 7; 03-12-2020 at 04:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2020, 05:55 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
All in your head. Your looking for 19. If you had heard 99 in your head youd be looking for 99 every where.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
All in your head. Your looking for 19. If you had heard 99 in your head youd be looking for 99 every where.
99 you say? 99....bottles? thanks....now the song keeps playing and playing and ...
The number 19-99-bottles.png

Old 03-12-2020, 06:20 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Take one down, pass it arou…….oh wait! Its not a "Corona" is it?

Old 03-13-2020, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Take one down, pass it arou…….oh wait! Its not a "Corona" is it?
I just drank 19 bottles of Corona...let's see what happens now....

Old 03-13-2020, 05:24 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Reminds me of the Beatles Song "Revolution #9".
"number 9...number 9....number 9....."
Try that song on acid.

Seriously, I see comparison like this all the time that seem evidence of some sort of divine interaction. But really you can take an number and come up with a comparable list, and what you are forgetting is you can also make a list of tens of thousands of entries in which this number has nothing in comparison, or you can take the other 29 or 30 days of the month and come up with a comparable list. And you are extending it to 19 backwards? Seriously?

Also there are serious problems with your dates, almost all of them in regards to historical events are arguably WRONG (or you can take anyone of half a dozen milestone dates to represent the events you are talking about). Soviet Union collapse cannot be limited to one date. Arguably your date is wrong (I would say a significant date is when Gorbechev resigned and the soviet flag was taken down from the Kremlin, which occured on the 25th or 26th). Iraq invasion also - arguable again that took place days earlier when special forces attacked certain munition sights, or you can include the start of the air offensive.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:47 AM

7,247 posts, read 5,119,840 times
We had an outfielder, Dangerous Ray....One time there was a man on second, one out. The batter rips a liner to right center. The runner, thinking it was a sure hit, takes off for home. But Dangerous Ray makes a long run and spectacular diving catch! We all start shouting "Two! Two!" to double up the runner, but Dangerous Ray jumps to his feet and heaves the ball towards home. The throw sails over the backstop and into the stands...We jump all over Dangerous Ray--"Why didn't you throw to second? Didn't you hear us yelling?"... "No," says Ray. "When I concentrate on a line drive, I get tunnel vision. I don't hear a thing."

Dangerous Ray, our own poor man's version of Yogi Berra, wore number "19."

There are 365 days in a year and 12 of them are the 19th. There are hundreds of thousands of historical events, each necessarily landing on some particular date of the year...That means the odds of any particular event of landing on any particular date is 12/365 (not precisely true, but close enough)....100,000 x 12/365 = 3287 events you could have named for every & any date in a month.

I'm old fashioned. I prefer Jack Daniels for chemical recreation.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Reminds me of the Beatles Song "Revolution #9".
"number 9...number 9....number 9....."
Try that song on acid.

Seriously, I see comparison like this all the time that seem evidence of some sort of divine interaction. But really you can take an number and come up with a comparable list, and what you are forgetting is you can also make a list of tens of thousands of entries in which this number has nothing in comparison, or you can take the other 29 or 30 days of the month and come up with a comparable list. And you are extending it to 19 backwards? Seriously?

Also there are serious problems with your dates, almost all of them in regards to historical events are arguably WRONG (or you can take anyone of half a dozen milestone dates to represent the events you are talking about). Soviet Union collapse cannot be limited to one date. Arguably your date is wrong (I would say a significant date is when Gorbechev resigned and the soviet flag was taken down from the Kremlin, which occured on the 25th or 26th). Iraq invasion also - arguable again that took place days earlier when special forces attacked certain munition sights, or you can include the start of the air offensive.
OK. I will do some research and it will take a little time obviously but I am willing to wager there are not many dates that will equal what happened on the 19th...just sayin'. Those are some big events on that list (not mine of course but look again)

Old 03-13-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
We had an outfielder, Dangerous Ray....One time there was a man on second, one out. The batter rips a liner to right center. The runner, thinking it was a sure hit, takes off for home. But Dangerous Ray makes a long run and spectacular diving catch! We all start shouting "Two! Two!" to double up the runner, but Dangerous Ray jumps to his feet and heaves the ball towards home. The throw sails over the backstop and into the stands...We jump all over Dangerous Ray--"Why didn't you throw to second? Didn't you hear us yelling?"... "No," says Ray. "When I concentrate on a line drive, I get tunnel vision. I don't hear a thing."

Dangerous Ray, our own poor man's version of Yogi Berra, wore number "19."

There are 365 days in a year and 12 of them are the 19th. There are hundreds of thousands of historical events, each necessarily landing on some particular date of the year...That means the odds of any particular event of landing on any particular date is 12/365 (not precisely true, but close enough)....100,000 x 12/365 = 3287 events you could have named for every & any date in a month.

I'm old fashioned. I prefer Jack Daniels for chemical recreation.
I can surely sympathize with Dangerous Ray....think I've done that as well more than once.
I will research other days of the month and see what I come up with as well.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:31 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,896,476 times
I was born on the 2d of October so the number 2 has significance for me. (Not really, I'm just playing the game started by OP because it's raining and I have nothing better to do).

This is certainly not an exhaustive list of the number 2:

States not contiguous to the remaining US states (Hawaii and Alaska).
Poles of the Earth (North and South - not the population of Poland).
States starting with North (North Carolina, North Dakota).
States starting with South (South Carolina, South Dakota).
World wars in the 20th century (WW1 and WW2).
Number of times in a day that a broken clock will show the correct time.
The smallest prime number.
Benjamin Franklin and Alexander Hamilton - the only two non-presidents on modern US currency.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand Binary and those who don't.
The shortest term for a Pope in history. Pope Stephen II died 2 days after his election in 752.

Now for October 2:

Rock Hudson died - 1985
Rod Serling's Twilight Zone premiered - 1959
Warsaw uprising - 1944
Johnny Carson begins his reign on the Tonight Show - 1962

October 2 - Celebrity birth dates:

Sting - 1951
Don McLean - 1945
Mahatma Ghandi - 1869
Kelly Ripa - 1970
Bud Abbott - 1895
Groucho Marx - 1890
Maury Wills - 1932
Johnnie Cochran - 1936
Donna Karan - 1948
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal