Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 07:04 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
It's just as likely that we're it in the galaxy.
"Likely" is a matter of opinion based on your personal philosophy. It's certainly true that so far we have NO evidence that life exists beyond Earth. That said, the question is a bit more difficult than it first appears.

Quote:
We simply don't know factors like: how likely it is that life arises at all;
"We simply don't know ..." 100% correct. Anything we say past that is pure speculation, and if there is one thing that the history of science has taught us it is that the prognosticators are wrong more often than they are right. The cosmos is a far weirder place than most of us like to admit.

Also but very importantly: What do we mean by "life?" Scientists still don't unanimously agree on that, much less philosophers, theologians, or your average Joe and Jane on the street.

Quote:
I keep a list of potential civilization killers that I update when I find or think of a new one.
Here is one for you:

* A rogue singularity / black hole that gets too close. It wouldn't even have to be a big one. A black hole the size of a pea passing too close to Earth would be catastrophic. (See Seven Eves by Neal Stephenson.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 07:32 AM

57 posts, read 107,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Scientists still don't unanimously agree on that, much less philosophers, theologians, or your average Joe and Jane on the street.
Hey, leave me out of this.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:21 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, it seems that even the military do not think the Russians or Chinese have the capability to produce these UAV (if thats what they are) because the transmissions would have to extend thousands of miles or at least up to a satellite and down again and could be detected by the US military.

Source
It seems the US govt/military are trying to push the belief that these UAVs/UFOs are something extraterrestrial imo...those 3 videos they de classified and released recently, they said they didnt want the public to be confused about whether they were real or not!!!! I almost fell out of my chair when I read that!

Really have to wonder what their intentions are.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:17 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Here is one for you:

* A rogue singularity / black hole that gets too close. It wouldn't even have to be a big one. A black hole the size of a pea passing too close to Earth would be catastrophic. (See Seven Eves by Neal Stephenson.)
Now the scientists are proposing that Planet X is a small black hole which is traveling around the solar system like a planet sucking up debris.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:57 PM

I came across this interesting comment on Amazon when looking at a book about triangle UFOs by David Marler. I find it interesting because of the comment made by this person about the USAF pilots and what they were told by their Commanding Officer.

comment by Amazon user Always Seeking
Quote:
Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2013Verified Purchase
The book is excellent in establishing the reality of the Triangular Vehicles and their mysterious operations. But for what purpose?
I have friends that were/are USAF pilots and also workers on USAF Bases. They have stated without hesitation that they have witnessed such craft up close and at great distances. They also state without hesitiation that whatever THEY are, it does't belong to human-beings. They are simply told to "let it go" in one way or another by their Commanding Officers.

What is clear is that we as a race of intelligent life-forms, are in no way the masters of our domain. We are under observation and one would assume, some type of control. Because whatever controls these things have a much bigger hand to play in our daily going-ons than we are ready to admit or confront. Period.
If I quote this comment, I think maybe I should give a link to the Amazon site, to the book I was looking at. I dont get any commission from this link.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I came across this interesting comment on Amazon when looking at a book about triangle UFOs by David Marler. I find it interesting because of the comment made by this person about the USAF pilots and what they were told by their Commanding Officer.

comment by Amazon user Always Seeking
If I quote this comment, I think maybe I should give a link to the Amazon site, to the book I was looking at. I dont get any commission from this link.
the truth is likely stranger than fiction in relation to these crafts, I just get the feeling our theories are WAY off.

Something Ive brought up before continues to bother me about these craft, some are incredibly large...so Im wondering what all that square footage is used for onboard? there must be some specific purpose for constructing the really big ones...

Old 07-21-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
the truth is likely stranger than fiction in relation to these crafts, I just get the feeling our theories are WAY off.
Agreed.

Quote:
Something Ive brought up before continues to bother me about these craft, some are incredibly large...so Im wondering what all that square footage is used for onboard? there must be some specific purpose for constructing the really big ones...
How do we even know they are "craft" at all? That remains assumed and unproven. That is thinking like a human with a history of maritime travel. It may be perfectly valid for whatever these things are. Or it might not. But I suspect not.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Agreed.

How do we even know they are "craft" at all? That remains assumed and unproven. That is thinking like a human with a history of maritime travel. It may be perfectly valid for whatever these things are. Or it might not. But I suspect not.
Everything that I have read about these triangles suggest they are physical aircraft, but I see your point...either way, SIZE would still be a question.

Same thing is true of cylinderical UFOs (cigar shaped), some are said to be over 1000ft long, others are under 50ft...what could all that space possibly be for...I dont think its for transporting people, (because I think we would notice if THAT MANY people suddenly went missing!)

The answer to this question would likely point us in the right direction in understanding what these craft are.

Old 07-21-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Everything that I have read about these triangles suggest they are physical aircraft
And they may be. Or maybe not. We simply don't know.

Maybe they are a "craft" in the same way our ships and airplanes are. Or maybe they more like drones or probes. Or maybe they are the extraterrestrial equivalent of a mollusk's shell. Or (which I find most likely) something so far beyond our experience that we don't have a point of reference for it.

Quote:
SIZE would still be a question.
Yup. And a great question. But until verifiable evidence comes along, it's all speculation.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S
But until verifiable evidence comes along, it's all speculation.
Thats all we can do since our science is waaaay behind. Since we seem to use the "Laws of Physics" for so many other things on this planet, what law of physics would tell us if it was a physical 3D craft or if it was a projection, or mind-created images?

I suspect it would be more likely to be a physical, touchable craft if it reflected radio waves as in RADAR. Sometimes they do, so we can assume if this is the case, that at least some are physical and if they were on the ground, we could go up and touch it. The other possibility is that it could be a projection of some kind, like a hologram which would account for those which are seen by human witnesses but not by RADAR operators.

Size is not a problem if you have the technology to anti-grav lift anything off the ground. Why should it matter what shape or size it is? If they have had to escape their home world in ships, then that is all they have and so presumably they have a reason why they bring the huge craft into our atmosphere. Or, it could be a projection for some reason. Maybe advanced technology does NOT need a source nearby in order to project to another location. We humans need a plane or satellite to house the laser needed to project the image, but their projector could be back on their home world or in another ship outside our atmosphere.

We do not even know who they belong to, whether they are human-made or whether they are made by someone else. The mouthpieces of the military continue to tell us (via the TV program Unidentified) that "we have nothing like that" but really, who knows. They could easily be telling us porkies (porkie-pies=lies) and as they discussed in last weeks episode why fly these things over populated areas, in daylight, scaring people etc. However as the ex-Skunkworks guy said, that gives us great data from the reports which come in, so it really depends on the military agenda and what they hope to achieve. I do not think it is disclosure in any form, it is more likely a bluff or a calculated psychological operation to get the 'enemy' thinking, (Much like in the Iraq war, the military dropped propaganda leaflets over 'enemy' camps) or to get them worried that there are aliens with greater fire power.

Things are such at the moment that we do not have any idea what man-made and alien craft are whizzing about in space. We are denied most of the images of space by our media unless it is sanitised. Most of the space agency ones have masking around the planets for publication on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal