Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 05:45 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,184,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Military stealth tech (and pilots) aren't above making mistakes. Sure. But I find it unlikely.
Anybody can make a mistake and those in the military are not above Murphy's Law. I am more inclined to think it is just a police helicopter like adjusterjack. I have seen several when I used to wait for my loads down in Miami. The very last trip I made down there I had one with its spotlight on a suspect running only feet from my rear trailer as several police cars pulled into our parking lot. I usually could not hear those helicopters either because of the noise of the trucks around me. In the OPs video all we can hear is the man talking and his dog breathing; but we really don't know where the microphone is located. Plus I am a little set off by his comments and he sounds too sure of what he is seeing.

Quote:
True enough.

I'd be more inclined to think this was some prankster who found a way to hook up a REALLY bright light to his drone. Makes more sense than a helicopter. I have friends with drones, and once they reach a certain altitude, you really can't hear them.

But would a light capable of that much brightness be light enough for a drone to carry it? I dunno. I am not an expert in electric lights.
Distance is what plays against us in that video. The closer the object, the brighter any lights would look. It could be a person pulling a helium balloon that lifted one of the small 'military grade' super flashlights? Even the little 4"X1" LED lights are very bright at close distances. If a person suspended a rope through the trees and had a friend pull/slide one of those little lights along the rope, that might be able to produce the same results?

I hate not seeing something and saying: Holy cow there goes a UFO! I would rather see something like the light show in Close Encounters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 05:51 AM

22,937 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I hate not seeing something and saying: Holy cow there goes a UFO!
Any Flying Object you observe but cannot identify is technically a UFO:

U = Unidentified
F = Flying
O = Object

Old 08-24-2020, 05:52 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,184,176 times
Quote:
Any Flying Object you observe but cannot identify is technically a UFO:

U = Unidentified
F = Flying
O = Object
I am more than aware of that; but some people do not!

Old 08-24-2020, 11:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,640,515 times
Quote:
Anybody can make a mistake and those in the military are not above Murphy's Law. I am more inclined to think it is just a police helicopter like adjusterjack. I have seen several when I used to wait for my loads down in Miami. The very last trip I made down there I had one with its spotlight on a suspect running only feet from my rear trailer as several police cars pulled into our parking lot. I usually could not hear those helicopters either because of the noise of the trucks around me. In the OPs video all we can hear is the man talking and his dog breathing; but we really don't know where the microphone is located. Plus I am a little set off by his comments and he sounds too sure of what he is seeing.

Distance is what plays against us in that video. The closer the object, the brighter any lights would look. It could be a person pulling a helium balloon that lifted one of the small 'military grade' super flashlights? Even the little 4"X1" LED lights are very bright at close distances. If a person suspended a rope through the trees and had a friend pull/slide one of those little lights along the rope, that might be able to produce the same results?

I hate not seeing something and saying: Holy cow there goes a UFO! I would rather see something like the light show in Close Encounters!
I think you would probably try to find a normal explanation if you saw a ship or light show like in the movie!

Or if it landed and those little aliens came out...you would say, Oh those are kids in costumes or people with some rare genetic disease. lol

Old 08-24-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I am more than aware of that; but some people do not!
This is precisely why I like reports from ex military and especially those involved with aircraft, Ive read a handful of such reports, from people that KNOW aircraft...when they see a 'UFO'...its a little different than the average Joe seeing one.

Funny thing is, normally reports from those kind of witnesses, they mention that there is no possible way its man made (based on their observations).

Old 08-24-2020, 11:33 AM

10,348 posts, read 6,898,458 times
Looks like it moves like a satellite with the sun's reflection on one of it's facets, to me.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Looks like it moves like a satellite with the sun's reflection on one of it's facets, to me.
WAY too low to be a satellite, imo, it looks to be around 500ft or less.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:05 PM

5,680 posts, read 5,909,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Thats what I said, except I think its the ISS. It can look as low as an airplane normally flies at certain times. The ONLY thing that makes me think different is the color, but that could be the camera used. I dont think its an airplane or helicopter with a spotlight. The light would focus forward.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:21 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,954,027 times
It can't be the ISS or a satellite because of the brightness, because it changes direction, and because it lights up the background trees as it passes over them. Searchlights on police helicopters are movable so they don't always focus forward. Only problem with helicopter is the apparent lack of a sound from it.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
It can't be the ISS or a satellite because of the brightness, because it changes direction, and because it lights up the background trees as it passes over them. Searchlights on police helicopters are movable so they don't always focus forward. Only problem with helicopter is the apparent lack of a sound from it.
Plus, the brightness of the light stays the same, even when it changes direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal