Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 06:33 PM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

My father told me this one. It is reputed to be true.

There were inseparable twin girls in his elementary school, which was a NYC public school, K-8. They were identical twins and they were named, Ruth Ann and Rachel.

There was also an empty building that my father and his friends sometimes hung out in. It was called "The Farrier". Many teens hung out there.. It had been a place that shod horses, but by the 1940s it had closed down and was empty and dilapidated. The kids in his neighborhood were all drawn to the building. The residents thought it was an eyesore and wanted in to be demolished.

One day my father and some people in his class started to walk home. They were waiting for Ruth Ann who was looking for her twin, Rachel. No one saw her. Finally, they convinced Ruth Ann that Rachel must have gone to the soda fountain with some girls. They figured they would meet her there.

While they were walking Ruth Ann suddenly became panicked and upset. Both twins were known to be psychic.

She shouted "My sister is in a fire at the Farrier Building! Rachel is falling through the floor! She is about to die!" Ruth Ann ran ahead. The other kids continued to walk towards the soda fountain.

Then they heard the sound of fire trucks, headed towards the Farrier building because that's where the fire trucks were headed.

When the group of kids arrived, they saw a body. burned beyond recognition, on a stretcher. It was Ruth Ann.

Several minutes later, Rachel arrived. She had left a book at school and then started to walk to the soda fountain. She had a premonition about Ruth Ann.

As it turns out, Ruth Ann saw a premonition of herself, not of her sister Rachel. She ran to the building to save her twin when actually, she was the victim.

Last edited by sheena12; 10-26-2020 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 03:32 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
mikefong123
I really think some of this might be explained by this post linked to below at Astral Pulse. It is a list of the things which people experience as they are leaving their physical body (often at night) when they OBE or Astral Project.

The thing is, in that state, you can be half in and half out, a kind-of in between state, aware of both realities. The entities in this 3D world and the entities in the other 'astral' world are both in your awareness. It may be a good idea to ask this kind of question or relate your experiences in that forum as there are a large number of people there who are able to do this OBE separation, some of them at will, whenever they want. They report some of the same experiences as you do in your posts on this thread.

Link to the thread

Old 11-07-2020, 04:46 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I've shared this before several years ago but here it is again.

Something weird used to happen on an old computer in my spare bedroom. Many times when I would turn the computer on I could here a mans voice coming from the speakers. The man was just rambling on, talking and laughing but i could never make out what he was saying even when the volume was turned up. It's as if he was speaking another language but not really. There was never anyone else's voice, just this one person who talked continuously. It made no difference what web page or site I was on or how I navigated the internet. This voice never stopped as long as the computer was on. I even left it on for hours to see if the voice would stop and it never did. It got to the point I was really getting creeped out because no matter what I did the voice wouldn't go away until I stopped ever using that computer and those speakers.
I've since thrown out that computer and speakers. The voice is gone hopefully permanently and I've never put another computer in that bedroom.
There's not really much to this story, but that is one of the creepiest things I've ever heard. I don't know why.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:14 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,151,890 times
Years ago I casually dated a guy from Cape Town, South Africa.

He mentioned to me there was a "resident ghost" at his workplace- everyone at this company would see the shape of a man just strolling through the main storage building on the jobsite. (His workplace was in the American Midwest, originally the set of buildings were used as a school/college for students aged 3-30.)

At the time I smiled and mentally dismissed my friend's story as a drunken hallucination.

Now I realize the man-shaped apparition was most likely the janitor or the superintendent of the school complex.

My other favorite haunting is the resident haunting of my friend's ranch. For privacy reasons all I will say is, the spirit world is real. Be respectful.

Old 10-18-2022, 07:03 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
When I was a kid a friend and I used to walk to the edge of town where a good climbing tree was on the property line of an acre field. The family that owned the farm had a boy my own age in it and I had often played at the farm. In our tiny town we were all free range kids and it wasn't unusual to play on other people's property if you knew them.

But his dad was a sinister figure that all of us kids were frightened of. I remember saying to my classmate when we were adults that his dad scared me and he answered, "I was scared of him too." One time he came all the way down to that tree and scared us. He wanted to know what we were doing in his tree. After that we didn't play there anymore.

It was kind of a mystery how he'd ended up married to the daughter of one of the richest farmers in town since he'd just been traveling through and ended up as their hired man. But somehow he ended up with this good farm.

One day I asked my dad whose farm it was. He said it belonged to an old Norwegian bachelor farmer. Dad said nobody knew what happened to the old guy. That's unusual for a small town. I thought he might have had more to say but held his tongue. Since it seemed like something we didn't talk about I've never mentioned it again to anyone.

Now all these years later every member of that family who have died are all buried on the farm property. Sometimes
I give myself chills wondering if there's anyone else buried on the farm property.

Idle thoughts!

Old 10-25-2022, 07:17 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
At first it was just annoying. I didn't give it much thought. I'm not a high tech person and I thought my computer was somehow picking up a radio signal from somewhere. As it continued over time, I realized this was getting pretty strange because he never stopped talking and it was always the same voice. No commercial breaks and no one else's voice. He seemed to have a good time just rambling on and on including occasionally laughing.
I don't know what language it was. It wasn't of Latin origin since I speak Italian I would have known if it was Latin. I kept thinking it was English but in a manner I couldn't understand. The louder I turned up the volume, the fuzzier the voice was and I never even understood one word of it.
Once it was creeping me out, I had no intention of trying to record it or figure it out anymore. I no longer wanted to know what it was saying. I wanted to stay away from it.

Wow, this is really freaky. How many hours did you leave the computer on for? Was it for 2 days at least. It is very strange that the guy was simply talking to himself all that time.

I wonder what would of happened if you took the old computer to a public place like a library and had them examine it.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:01 AM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
A man is walking home alone late one foggy Halloween night, when behind him he hears:
BUMP... BUMP... BUMP...
Walking faster, he looks back and through the fog he makes out the image of an upright casket banging its way down the middle of the street toward him.

BUMP... BUMP... BUMP...
Terrified, the man begins to run toward his home, the casket bouncing quickly behind him.
FASTER... FASTER... BUMP... BUMP... BUMP....
He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes in, slams and locks the door behind him. However, the casket crashes through his door, with the lid of the casket clapping.
clappity-BUMP...clappity-BUMP... clappity-BUMP...
on his heels, as the terrified man runs.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom, he locks himself in. His heart is pounding; his head is reeling; his breath is coming in sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH the casket breaks down the door.
Bumping and clapping toward him.
The man screams and reaches for something, anything...

All he can find is a box of cough drops! Desperate, he throws the cough drops at the coffin ...

...and...of...course,

...the coffin stops!

Old 10-26-2022, 05:42 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Wow, this is really freaky. How many hours did you leave the computer on for? Was it for 2 days at least. It is very strange that the guy was simply talking to himself all that time.

I wonder what would of happened if you took the old computer to a public place like a library and had them examine it.
It's been a few years now. I left it on for several hours and nothing changed. I would try it at different times on consecutive days. It was still the same man talking and occasionally laughing non stop. There was never a break. It would happen only with that computer until I quit using it altogether. The thing that probably bothered me the most is I couldn't understand what he was saying. It was like his voice was muffled just enough to not be able to understand him, not even one word. It's just really hard to explain but I could never figure out what he was talking and laughing about.
I don't know what would have happened if I changed the location of the computer. At some point I was freaked out enough to throw it out unceremoniously. I've since moved too. It's never happened again to me, thank goodness. I'm now getting creeped out just thinking about it.

Last edited by marino760; 10-26-2022 at 05:57 PM..

Old 10-26-2022, 05:55 PM

855 posts, read 624,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
A man is walking home alone late one foggy Halloween night, when behind him he hears:
BUMP... BUMP... BUMP...
Walking faster, he looks back and through the fog he makes out the image of an upright casket banging its way down the middle of the street toward him.

BUMP... BUMP... BUMP...
Terrified, the man begins to run toward his home, the casket bouncing quickly behind him.
FASTER... FASTER... BUMP... BUMP... BUMP....
He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes in, slams and locks the door behind him. However, the casket crashes through his door, with the lid of the casket clapping.
clappity-BUMP...clappity-BUMP... clappity-BUMP...
on his heels, as the terrified man runs.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom, he locks himself in. His heart is pounding; his head is reeling; his breath is coming in sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH the casket breaks down the door.
Bumping and clapping toward him.
The man screams and reaches for something, anything...

All he can find is a box of cough drops! Desperate, he throws the cough drops at the coffin ...

...and...of...course,

...the coffin stops!
HAAH!! Good one!

Old 10-26-2022, 06:14 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
It's been a few years now. I left it on for several hours and nothing changed. I would try it at different times on consecutive days. It was still the same man talking and occasionally laughing non stop. There was never a break. It would happen only with that computer until I quit using it altogether. The thing that probably bothered me the most is I couldn't understand what he was saying. It was like his voice was muffled just enough to not be able to understand him, not even one word. It's just really hard to explain but I could never figure out what he was talking and laughing about.
I don't know what would have happened if I changed the location of the computer. At some point I was freaked out enough to throw it out unceremoniously. I've since moved too. It's never happened again to me, thank goodness. I'm now getting creeped out just thinking about it.

For sure it sounds super creepy! Glad you got away from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal