Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 11:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Let me describe my dream from last night...

I was at some older motel, and I had taken a walk, and was on my way back to my room, suddenly the sky started getting cloudy, the clouds quickly turned gray and black, (like very dark storm clouds), then they started to swirl like a tornado, and also got darker as they swirled, I then heard loud high pitched screams coming from the black clouds, and saw 'things' coming out of the clouds...I cannot put into words how REAL this all seemed!!

The last thing I remember, I was inside my motel room trying to shut the door, but I was not able to, a cloudy hand had grabbed the door and was trying to open it...My heart was beating a mile a minute as I woke up.

I have hellish and scary dreams like this EVERY night, its never the same, but always extremely frightening. I find it strange, that our bodies are 'paralyzed' when we sleep, to protect us from injuring ourselves, but there doesnt appear to be any mechanism to make the heart realize its just a dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 06:00 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
OK, let me ask you this - What makes you think dreams are not 'real' ? What is 'real' to you? Your 3D waking world I guess.

But, you and I know there is so much more to this world than what we can see, so why do you assume (just because we are taught this at school) that this is all there is, and everything else is just a fantasy made up by our brain.

You need to read books on lucid dreaming, astral projection and out-of-body travel because I reckon this is what you are doing when you have a "dream" which appears so "real". For some reason, I thought you would knew all about this kind of thing.

So, here is another rabbit hole for you to go down. :-) If you dare...
But, from what I have read, once you have mastered this, you will never fear death again because you will actually KNOW what lies beyond. (Que the spooky music)

Old 12-30-2020, 06:28 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
My question is how much you have immersed yourself in paranormal research. Could be your brain wants a break.

Since I don’t research this, I can tell you that I have compulsively played games online. You know, like Tetris. And I have actually played it in my dreams. To me that was an indication that I needed to step away from Tetris for a bit. I did, and the dreams stopped.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:57 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,677,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My question is how much you have immersed yourself in paranormal research. Could be your brain wants a break.

Since I don’t research this, I can tell you that I have compulsively played games online. You know, like Tetris. And I have actually played it in my dreams. To me that was an indication that I needed to step away from Tetris for a bit. I did, and the dreams stopped.
^^THIS^^ or have you changed any medication recently?

Old 12-30-2020, 07:58 PM

4,200 posts, read 4,450,813 times
Sounds like you are character in Dean Koontz' novel Strangers. I bet you (and many on this forum) would enjoy it.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
^^THIS^^ or have you changed any medication recently?
I was taking Chantix for about a month, but stopped taking last week, due to the dreams it caused...but the topic of this thread is different from the chantix related dreams, (those were just weird), not so much scary or ominous...just highly weird.

Going back further, even years, Ive always had ominous type dreams more frequently than pleasant or neutral dreams, whats really weird about the very scary ones, I can remember them in vivid detail months and years later!

Its hard to explain, but I wake up scared to death, and feel extremely vulnerable...that the best word I can use to describe it...I feel like Im going to be punished and/or see some of these things come to fruition.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK, let me ask you this - What makes you think dreams are not 'real' ? What is 'real' to you? Your 3D waking world I guess.

But, you and I know there is so much more to this world than what we can see, so why do you assume (just because we are taught this at school) that this is all there is, and everything else is just a fantasy made up by our brain.

You need to read books on lucid dreaming, astral projection and out-of-body travel because I reckon this is what you are doing when you have a "dream" which appears so "real". For some reason, I thought you would knew all about this kind of thing.

So, here is another rabbit hole for you to go down. :-) If you dare...
But, from what I have read, once you have mastered this, you will never fear death again because you will actually KNOW what lies beyond. (Que the spooky music)
I know a little about Astral travel, but I dont think Ive ever done it (intentionally or by accident)...I think what this is, is my extreme fear of death raging out of control in my dreams...I fear I will end up in some 'hellish realm or scenario', and these dreams are just a teaser for what I have to look forward to.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:42 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Is Bigfoot invading dreams now?

I rarely have nightmares,, Even when "someone" is targeting me in my dreams, I can usually overcome it/them.

I agree w/ Tallysmom. You have to consider what you focus your thoughts on in your waking life. Something you fear is manifesting in your dreams... Could even be as simple as a perceived lack of control, as you are "at the mercy" of these...things, whatever they are.

Faith over fear. It works....IJS

Old 12-31-2020, 09:10 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
I was going to say about any prescription meds you're taking too since I guess some are known to cause vivid dreams.

Hmm, I don't know what to tell you, other than maybe watching or reading something similarly scary, but you've been having these dreams for YEARS you said, so I don't know...

I'm sorry. That can't be fun & you probably never felel fully rested. I hope you find a solution or someone here can tell you something.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Is Bigfoot invading dreams now?

I rarely have nightmares,, Even when "someone" is targeting me in my dreams, I can usually overcome it/them.

I agree w/ Tallysmom. You have to consider what you focus your thoughts on in your waking life. Something you fear is manifesting in your dreams... Could even be as simple as a perceived lack of control, as you are "at the mercy" of these...things, whatever they are.

Faith over fear. It works....IJS
Oddly enough, I cannot ever recall having dreams about Bigfoot or Dogman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal