Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,031 times

Advertisements

G'day All..

I have a problem. I kind of believe in psychic abilities, in fact I have displayed them myself on the odd occasion.
While I don't want to post the question I asked, I have spoken with a large number (20+) of psychics recently, and asked them exactly the same question. Most of them were online, one was by phone.
The vast majority of them said what I asked would happen. Most of them were within 2 months of each other with respect to the timeline - the window I have is March-April this year. Four of them said it wouldn't happen.
So, my question is this...is it possible that they were simply telling me what I wanted to hear, or is there something more in it? And why would they be so close on the timeline if they were simply telling me what I wanted to hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 10:48 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,030,431 times
To answer the question posed in your thread title: mine are. And I know a whole bunch of colleagues with true psychic abilities.

But of course, just as with any other service you might engage, whether it be a psychic, a therapist, a house builder, or any other service provider, there are great ones, good ones, well meaning but not very good ones, bad ones, and ones who know and care nothing about what they're supposedly offering but are just in it for the money.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:41 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
To answer the question posed in your thread title: mine are. And I know a whole bunch of colleagues with true psychic abilities.

But of course, just as with any other service you might engage, whether it be a psychic, a therapist, a house builder, or any other service provider, there are great ones, good ones, well meaning but not very good ones, bad ones, and ones who know and care nothing about what they're supposedly offering but are just in it for the money.

Great answer.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:58 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
Also, as far as I understand things, you have to realise that time is a construct which comes with our reality and there is no such thing really.

What that means is that according to what I understand, when you come into this Earth 3D reality, you agree to believe the "dream" which is our life here. Part of that dream is that time is real for us on Earth, when once you leave Earth, there is no such thing - everything is now. This "everything is now" is explained by there being an unlimited number of alternative timelines where every possible reality is going on right now.

So for example, every choice you make places you on a different timeline or 'path' to your future. This opens some possibilities and closes off other possibilities for you. At this exact moment, there is another you living your life having married that girlfriend you had in school, when in this timeline you did not, and so on with each individual choice you have made throughout your life.

After all of that, it is virtually impossible to predict a future which will depend on the choices you make and the further into the future you look, the more vague and blurred the prediction will necessarily be.

Receiving and interpreting 'energies' is a function of our mind and our brain. Looking at the mind as a receiver of energies and the brain as an interpreter of these energies into an expressable form, of words, pictures, smells, feelings, etc. Then we have to put those received senses into a language the client can understand.

Quite often there is not an english word or phrase which will express what is being received too. So all messages are second hand at best and often a poor reflection of the original message which is filtered through the culture, language, upbringing, education and physical brain of the medium.

Thats how I see it anyway, and I might be totally barking up the wrong tree.

relative thing and is which is what you argee

Old 01-03-2021, 01:18 AM

648 posts, read 432,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnWannabe View Post
G'day All..

I have a problem. I kind of believe in psychic abilities, in fact I have displayed them myself on the odd occasion.
While I don't want to post the question I asked, I have spoken with a large number (20+) of psychics recently, and asked them exactly the same question. Most of them were online, one was by phone.
The vast majority of them said what I asked would happen. Most of them were within 2 months of each other with respect to the timeline - the window I have is March-April this year. Four of them said it wouldn't happen.
So, my question is this...is it possible that they were simply telling me what I wanted to hear, or is there something more in it? And why would they be so close on the timeline if they were simply telling me what I wanted to hear?
I knew you were going to ask that..

Old 01-03-2021, 01:39 AM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
I only met two people who were intuitive and accurate when they spoke .
My former m.i.l, could convey scenarios that as twisted as they seemed, held true.
Second was a lady that foretold incidences in my life that I sincerely thought was b.s.
Well 40 years later and each one of those events came to be. Would not have mattered what choice or path I went upon. The results were the same. That 'guides' forewarnings creeped me out then! And 40 years later I still get creeped. No how no way would I have wished those misfortunes on anyone!

Old 01-03-2021, 09:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
I believe we ALL have some of these abilities, but the trick is, we dont know how to flip the mental switch to ON, and/or know how to access the abilities.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:31 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,083,414 times
I remember watching John Edwards when he had his own show. I was astonished not at his psychic abilities but that audience members were so quick to jump on anything he said, then provide him with clues so he could go on conning them.

Here's a fun read from what sounds like a fun class: https://www.physics.smu.edu/~pseudo/...g/methods.html . If you remember John Edwards, you will likely recognize a lot of the techniques that he used to put on his show.

I am not trying to insult anyone with my skepticism; I just get angry at how many "psychics" prey on people's need to connect with loved ones who died. The "pet psychics" are some of the worst. There was a poster here who used one and reported on "conversations" (as in, word for word) that the "pet psychic" had with her dead cat. I suggested that she ask the psychic to ask the cat what its name was (before the poster TOLD the psychic what the cat's name was); if the psychic were really talking with the cat, surely the cat could answer such a simple question. Of course, the poster never did this because she WANTED to believe. I absolutely understand that desire, since I've lost a bunch of beloved relatives, friends, kitties, etc., that I would LOVE to talk to again, but at the same time I find it really sad and I get angry at the "psychic." (And I guess you could argue that said "psychic" is giving the person comfort just like, say, a therapist or good friend might, but the difference is the psychic is knowingly deceiving the person and likely laughing all the way to the bank.)

Old 01-03-2021, 02:17 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,603 times
Psychic is the ability to predict the future. There are so many variables that can occur, right down to the last second before a prediction is to come to pass that I am skeptical if psychics are real for the most part. Most that I see on TV are not predicting anything in the future, but talking to peoples dead relatives about the past. I know if I was psychic, I wouldnt be advertising my abilities to the general public in exchange for a paltry sum. What I would do is look into the future and buy a Powerball ticket with a nice jackpot and retire somewhere nice that didnt have any wars or disasters in its foreseeable future.

I do believe there are people with extra-sensory, empathetic, and intuitive abilities. Perhaps we all have them, but some are more intune with them than others.

Old 01-03-2021, 04:23 PM

1,042 posts, read 875,003 times
I have an extremely close family member who has an excruciatingly painful neurological disorder. During the first 2 years of his illness he knew things that were impossible to be a coincidence because of the frequency and accuracy of what he saw. Some examples; one time he started crying because he knew that a group of people in Colorado were being murderred by a mentally ill man. Several hours later, it was on the news. once he started crying when we were on a camping trip [okay, it was a grounded camping club] He said that he was crying because he had just talked to a baby who had died. He said he was sad because the parents did not know that their baby was dead. They thought he was sleeping in his crib and would be so upset when they found him. He said that the baby wanted my loved one to give him to give the parents a message. We asked him whose baby had died. He said he didn't know, but we would know in the morning because it was the baby of a family at the club. Next day, we found out that the cook's grandson, Isaiha had died. His daughter and the baby had been staying with the cook for a few days.

One time we were on our way home from somewhere, and my loved one grew hysterical, insisting we had to turn the car around. He didn't know where he was leading us but we wound up in a large, empty field. He kept wandering around asking him what he was looking for. He kept saying "I don't know." Finally he stopped and said, "We need to dig here." We did [or actually he and my husband did] and there was a bag filled with a substantial sum of money. My loved one said "This was a bad mans money. You [me and my husband] are supposed to have it." And we really desperately needed it, because we had already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to find something to alleviate his neurological pain when there was nothing in Western medicine to help him. My loved one did not know it, but until he found that money we did not have a clue how we would pay our mortgage, utilities, food, or anything that month.

I could give hundreds of examples. As the pain became less frequent, so did the knowing things.

The pain never left entirely but eventually he was so much better. About 2 years ago, "the burns"[that's what he calls them] started getting worse again. And they have continued to worsen. He has not mentioned knowing things like he used to. I just want him to stop suffering. I meant to just tell everyone that I have known someone with true psychic abilities, but I am ending with asking you all to please pray for my son. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal