Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 06:59 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times

Advertisements

Whatever is going on, it's extremely unnerving. Sure some of these can be explained away, but there are many that cannot be no matter how hard you try and the serial killer theory doesn't work by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 12:20 PM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Serial killers hanging out in the wilderness, in case someone comes by, and somehow they have the ability to take someone away so that search dogs can not find the scent, and no body is found, even when they bring in cadaver dogs. Got it.
I agree that there are some really odd things going on. But don’t discount the ingenuity of an intelligent, crazed person or persons. Most serial killers are opportunists, not stalkers. Here’s a scenario: Crazed serial killer, but still able to function within society, take a few days off work and goes to a secluded part of a national park. Opportunity knocks and he takes advantage of it.

Could be an 80 year old who can’t walk who is left out of line of sight, could be a toddler who wandered away from his group, etc.

Also, dogs are not 100%. I haven’t researched it, but I’m sure there is something you can use to throw them off a scent.

Again, I agree that something odd is occurring. I just think a few serial killers operating here and there is the most plausible explanation. It’s not a perfect explanation, but I like it better than aliens, big foot, or a time portal.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:47 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I agree that there are some really odd things going on. But don’t discount the ingenuity of an intelligent, crazed person or persons. Most serial killers are opportunists, not stalkers. Here’s a scenario: Crazed serial killer, but still able to function within society, take a few days off work and goes to a secluded part of a national park. Opportunity knocks and he takes advantage of it.

Could be an 80 year old who can’t walk who is left out of line of sight, could be a toddler who wandered away from his group, etc.

Also, dogs are not 100%. I haven’t researched it, but I’m sure there is something you can use to throw them off a scent.

Again, I agree that something odd is occurring. I just think a few serial killers operating here and there is the most plausible explanation. It’s not a perfect explanation, but I like it better than aliens, big foot, or a time portal.
How do you explain that there is never any sign of a struggle, no blood where the person was last seen and disappeared? No evidence of a body being dragged away. No one hears the person yell for help even though they are within sight or sound of a companion in some instances. Also, some of the victims are strong healthy outdoors men with guns and or knives. They would be an unlikely target.

Last edited by marino760; 03-12-2021 at 07:00 PM..

Old 03-12-2021, 10:03 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91
I hope that after we have nailed down Bigfoot, which will be in the next few years (<3 years perhaps) then I would like to see some investigation into Dogman. For example The Beast of Bray Road is likely a Dogman, and occasionally, the TV shows have picked up something which cannot be seen with human eyes but can be seen in the IR spectrum. It is a real bummer that we cannot tell which is real footage and which is created for effect - so we have to assume it is all created for effect. But, some of it might actually be real events and those need to be documented properly, not just written off as fake.

I am pleased there are people who think something weird is going on, because it IS a possibility, but it should also be quite easy to rule out a human due to the DNA at the scene of the crime, if there is a body, clothes, items, etc.

What about robbery or motive because normally there is some motivation for a crime unless the person just enjoys killing or creating fear in the victim. We cannot assume the park authorities would ignore a serial killer, so if there was a human one, then I think they would warn people going to that area.

Old 03-13-2021, 12:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I hope that after we have nailed down Bigfoot, which will be in the next few years (<3 years perhaps) then I would like to see some investigation into Dogman. For example The Beast of Bray Road is likely a Dogman, and occasionally, the TV shows have picked up something which cannot be seen with human eyes but can be seen in the IR spectrum. It is a real bummer that we cannot tell which is real footage and which is created for effect - so we have to assume it is all created for effect. But, some of it might actually be real events and those need to be documented properly, not just written off as fake.

I am pleased there are people who think something weird is going on, because it IS a possibility, but it should also be quite easy to rule out a human due to the DNA at the scene of the crime, if there is a body, clothes, items, etc.

What about robbery or motive because normally there is some motivation for a crime unless the person just enjoys killing or creating fear in the victim. We cannot assume the park authorities would ignore a serial killer, so if there was a human one, then I think they would warn people going to that area.
Dogman is my main interest, but it seems like the more I read and hear about it, the more questions I have.

I listened to Josh Turners podcast earlier, he had on Carrie Eaton, she has the longest running Dogman devoted facebook page, she claims to have seen them numerous times, she goes on to say these are all different things, skinwalkers, dogmen, werewolves, apparently they all look alike, but they are totally different types of creatures.

I just cannot wrap my brain around the idea of a man transforming into a hybrid 'man-wolf'.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:12 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Whatever is going on, it's extremely unnerving. Sure some of these can be explained away, but there are many that cannot be no matter how hard you try and the serial killer theory doesn't work by a long shot.
In doing a little more research it appears like a possible inter dimensional type of situation.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
To the best of my knowledge there has never been a documented human death caused by a Big Foot. While believers want us to think they are so scary that they make us wet ourselves in fear, there is no reason to fear them. Of course they have to be proven to exist in the first place. If they do exist, they do not make great killers. That brings up the question again of what they would eat?
https://youtu.be/jda0-C5awNE

Old 03-13-2021, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
How do you explain that there is never any sign of a struggle, no blood where the person was last seen and disappeared? No evidence of a body being dragged away. No one hears the person yell for help even though they are within sight or sound of a companion in some instances. Also, some of the victims are strong healthy outdoors men with guns and or knives. They would be an unlikely target.
Exactly. No screams. No evidence. No blood

Old 03-13-2021, 05:48 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
That is not a documented human death from BF. The witnesses stated it was a tall shaggy man. The son though it was a bear but it was walking upright (which the father pointed out). We also have good videos of bears walking on their hind legs, especially if they have serious damage to their front legs.

The park rangers in that case did not think there was enough time to get from where the young boy disappeared to where the other family saw the whatever it was. Plus there is nothing connecting the disappearance to this observation from the other family.

There is no evidence that mythical, imaginary, creatures like Big Foot or Dogman have ever killed anybody!

Old 03-13-2021, 07:36 AM

3,267 posts, read 1,747,333 times
The most dangerous thing in any secluded area is another human with bad intentions .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal