Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 04:21 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

Google "Astrocartographers" - they are astrologers who specialize in relocation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 07:38 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcoolm View Post
If it's an auspicious place, a better one than my country the cultural differences wouldn't matter that much. I've always felt drawn away from my home city. It's just that I haven't found that place that calls me, yet.
I think you are living in la-la land but of course the choice is yours and the life is yours.

You need to continue with your life and the knowing of where you need to go will grab you when it needs to. You cannot rush the Universe as it has its own timing. Often we (I do too) want to think we can jump to the meaty bit of life, but it is the journey which is important not the destination. Asking everyone around you, as I did too, is not the answer. Trust and wait and everything will be revealed.

I did the same thing when I was 48 after a series of life disasters, but I told myself it was to go and learn the language in that country I had been attracted to. So I signed up and took the plunge "for a year" as I told my family (mum & dad family, not wife & kids family). A long time later I am still here.

There is a reason why most races stick to their own cultures when looking for relationships, there is a inbuilt reason for a natural distrust of other races too and there is a reason why merchants of old were always on the move because that way they did not have to deal with the huge differences in customs and practices. They just sold their goods and rode out as quick as they could.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:43 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think you are living in la-la land but of course the choice is yours and the life is yours.

You need to continue with your life and the knowing of where you need to go will grab you when it needs to. You cannot rush the Universe as it has its own timing. Often we (I do too) want to think we can jump to the meaty bit of life, but it is the journey which is important not the destination. Asking everyone around you, as I did too, is not the answer. Trust and wait and everything will be revealed.

I did the same thing when I was 48 after a series of life disasters, but I told myself it was to go and learn the language in that country I had been attracted to. So I signed up and took the plunge "for a year" as I told my family (mum & dad family, not wife & kids family). A long time later I am still here.

There is a reason why most races stick to their own cultures when looking for relationships, there is a inbuilt reason for a natural distrust of other races too and there is a reason why merchants of old were always on the move because that way they did not have to deal with the huge differences in customs and practices. They just sold their goods and rode out as quick as they could.
LOL, OH MY! That is the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12-stringer View Post
Mysticism: "belief characterized by self-delusion or dreamy confusion of thought, especially when based on the assumption of occult qualities or mysterious agencies.

In high school and college I played around with Tarot cards and the I Ching. I considered these as suggestive, but certainly not anything absolute. If you have no real preference yourself, these things might give you an idea about which way to go, but you can take that or leave it.

At one point I realized this stuff was nothing but mysticism -- self-delusion. There are no "omens." You're the one who makes these decisions, not some external magical "force."

I have a beaded Masai choker that I got from a Masai warrior in Kenya. It is said to protect its wearer. What a nice thought! Put this on and I'm protected! Well, that's all it is -- a nice thought. It has no intrinsic power beyond, perhaps, a placebo effect.
What?? You think all the occult Alistaire Crowleys of the world, all the religious gurus, the shamans, the witch doctors throughout time have been deceiving themselves??

I think it is you who are self-deluded, but I do agree that we are the ones who are the driving creative force in our lives. If you look at the tools of the mystic as just that - tools, then the picture becomes clearer. Do you honestly believe science knows the totality of our environment and what is going on? This is where you are self-deluded because there is so much more to discover, we dont know half of it yet.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
LOL, OH MY! That is the pot calling the kettle black.
The trouble is - we both think we have life worked out. You with your science and me with my..strange views. Who is correct? One day when it is our time we will (possibly) find out and it wont be easy and will be very messy. Humans have a habit of getting entrenched with their view of life and sticking to it, not wanting it to change and to prove themselves wrong in their beliefs. However, if you believe there is blackness and nothingness after death of the physical, I doubt you will find out.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:17 AM

169 posts, read 130,124 times
I don't agree it's all placebo or self-induced.
How can a random lady know the names of my then-unmet friends? She told me "I see you having friends whose names start with A and M" and went on to describe them. I was like "Nope". I met them almost a year later and yes, the descriptions match. She also described the city I met them in and also my then-future boss.

I didn't go out of my way looking for people with those names, they just happened to enter my life like that. Me and M met trough Facebook and we both met A on a trip I randomly signed up for (I didn't even know M would be there!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Yeah, I agree I shouldn't rush. That said, no one is going to invite me for a job if I don't apply. But I for sure ain't going to learn 5+ languages in advance.
I actually never felt like belonging to the Balkans. I mean just for 10 months abroad I landed more dates and made more friends than in my whole life (20+) years in my home land.

Last edited by mmcoolm; 07-14-2021 at 02:57 AM..

Old 07-14-2021, 10:09 AM

10,897 posts, read 7,393,957 times
We used a Ouija board to ask my recently deceased father for relocation suggestions.
He replied, "vgvgvgvg" (or maybe "gvgvgvgv").

Verde Gulch?
Grass Valley?

We've relocated three times since then, but have never found a place that fits those suggestions. I wonder if he meant Fiji; that would be his kind of joke.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:53 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Alternative: Astrocartography.

See an Astrologer and he/she will map out areas of the country which is best for you.

Old 07-17-2021, 03:00 AM

169 posts, read 130,124 times
^it's a hit or miss and I highly doubt some of the suggestions as I've never felt drawn to them. I wouldn't go to a place I've never felt drawn just because Astrology says it's all that. No, I can't live in deserts and islands will get suffocating fast. I wish there was a Vedic Astrocartography map maybe Vedic astrology is better than Western one.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:01 PM

So many people want the answers to be provided for them. I was once a Spiritualist and went to loads of readings, loads of psychic fairs, loads of courses on this and that and at each place there were people doing readings you could have if you wanted. I was searching for answers too in those days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal