Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 05:44 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,193,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, thats true. If I had dogs hearing, or at least better than humans, then I would probably be able to hear the whistle/whine of electronics from quite a distance. I cannot prove this, but I can only speculate why we have not caught these creatures on trailcams yet. Something seems to be alerting them that there is a trailcam nearby and they are intelligent enough to look for it, creep up behind the tree and remove it or disable it or just avoid it. I just think there have been enough witness reports of Bigfoot to deduce this is not a ghost or phantom creature. Until someone studies the phenomena properly we will not know much about them.
Even if they could hear a whistle/whine survival is always about split-second decisions. If you are getting cornered or boxed in, you would not worry about a whistle/whine noise. Believers never run out of excuses for why they cannot get a clear picture or collect evidence. I don't think it should be up to the skeptics to prove you wrong, I think it should be up to the believers to prove you are right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 07:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,648,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, thats true. If I had dogs hearing, or at least better than humans, then I would probably be able to hear the whistle/whine of electronics from quite a distance. I cannot prove this, but I can only speculate why we have not caught these creatures on trailcams yet. Something seems to be alerting them that there is a trailcam nearby and they are intelligent enough to look for it, creep up behind the tree and remove it or disable it or just avoid it. I just think there have been enough witness reports of Bigfoot to deduce this is not a ghost or phantom creature. Until someone studies the phenomena properly we will not know much about them.
Dr. Jeff Meldrum has come up with some fascinating information on this!

I think its interesting that, if the footprints in the past were truly the work of hoaxers...those hoaxers would have known more about primate/human anatomy than some of the top scientists of the day! (that is very unlikely imo)

Old 08-13-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Even if they could hear a whistle/whine survival is always about split-second decisions. If you are getting cornered or boxed in, you would not worry about a whistle/whine noise. Believers never run out of excuses for why they cannot get a clear picture or collect evidence. I don't think it should be up to the skeptics to prove you wrong, I think it should be up to the believers to prove you are right!
Think about how many people go into the forests and wooded areas in this country alone...something tells me, if misidentifications were the cause for majority of these reports...there should be a WHOLE LOT more reports.

Think about it...roughly 8K reports (BFRO)...compared to the (probably) millions of people who have went camping, hiking, etc...hmmm

Old 08-13-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Think about how many people go into the forests and wooded areas in this country alone...something tells me, if misidentifications were the cause for majority of these reports...there should be a WHOLE LOT more reports.

Think about it...roughly 8K reports (BFRO)...compared to the (probably) millions of people who have went camping, hiking, etc...hmmm
I see around 5,000 and those are scattered out through half a century. Then you have to eliminate their class 'B' reports because the people reporting did not even see anything, they simply assumed it was a Big Foot.

Then you figure there are about 3.5 million of us here in the US. Then you factor in (according to Bing): "Nearly one in five U.S. adults live with a mental illness (51.5 million in 2019)." Your figures don't look so impressive anymore. Did psychologists evaluate any of the people making these reports? Did doctors certify if any of them were of sound body, mind, and could see?

By the way, I can see better this week than I could at the beginning of last week, I just had a cataract removed. Do we know if any of the people reporting had cataracts or floaters?

The only way to sort all of this out is through evidence and that is what all believers lack!

Old 08-13-2021, 10:18 PM

I agree with eliminating the class B reports, but as Ive reminded you before, BFRO is ONLY ONE group that accepts these kinds of reports, there are many others, I have seen where some people will log reports with different groups, but many do not...and then you have to guess how many people see something but do not report it. (of course, no way to even estimate what that number may be)

I went out to Middle Creek park earlier, but had no luck whatsoever spotting anything, I was pleasantly surprised I was able to hike the longer trail without getting out of breath, but I was hoping to at least get that 'funny feeling' (like I did before)...no such luck on this hike! I did see quite a few very active squirrels though, I think they were throwing shells at me too.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:48 AM

Quote:
I agree with eliminating the class B reports, but as Ive reminded you before, BFRO is ONLY ONE group that accepts these kinds of reports, there are many others, I have seen where some people will log reports with different groups, but many do not...and then you have to guess how many people see something but do not report it. (of course, no way to even estimate what that number may be)

I went out to Middle Creek park earlier, but had no luck whatsoever spotting anything, I was pleasantly surprised I was able to hike the longer trail without getting out of breath, but I was hoping to at least get that 'funny feeling' (like I did before)...no such luck on this hike! I did see quite a few very active squirrels though, I think they were throwing shells at me too.
And that is another problem with trying to sort out real from fiction. But the easiest way to do that is with documented evidence and nobody has anything. That brings us back to square one and the fact no believer can prove they are real!

As far as the squirrels throwing shells; it is a little early. Typically they start fattening up in October. I do not know if there are other trees that produce nuts that ripen earlier? Was the forest mostly deciduous or evergreens?

I am glad you got your wind back, you should be proud of yourself - it is not easy to stop smoking.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
And that is another problem with trying to sort out real from fiction. But the easiest way to do that is with documented evidence and nobody has anything. That brings us back to square one and the fact no believer can prove they are real!

As far as the squirrels throwing shells; it is a little early. Typically they start fattening up in October. I do not know if there are other trees that produce nuts that ripen earlier? Was the forest mostly deciduous or evergreens?

I am glad you got your wind back, you should be proud of yourself - it is not easy to stop smoking.
the forest is a mix of trees, Im not sure what they were throwing, they looked like little nuts, some were green in color, about the size of a marble. Its possible they could have been dropping them though and not intentionally throwing them at me, the squirrels I saw looked pretty fat as well.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
the forest is a mix of trees, Im not sure what they were throwing, they looked like little nuts, some were green in color, about the size of a marble. Its possible they could have been dropping them though and not intentionally throwing them at me, the squirrels I saw looked pretty fat as well.
It sounds like premature acorns. I really do not know if squirrels actually 'throw' nuts? I do know that they will sometimes scold people in their territory. They will drop nuts that they judge to be too light and people might just happen to be standing below. Therefore we might feel they are throwing the nuts at us.

Old 08-14-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
It sounds like premature acorns. I really do not know if squirrels actually 'throw' nuts? I do know that they will sometimes scold people in their territory. They will drop nuts that they judge to be too light and people might just happen to be standing below. Therefore we might feel they are throwing the nuts at us.
They were ALL OVER the place, thru out the whole trail, so I guess they feel the entire forest is their territory, but being that Middle Creek is pretty popular with horseback riding and hikers, the squirrels are probably quite used to seeing people by now...I was surprised how close they let me get to them, I was around 2-3ft away from many of them and they didnt seem to mind, although when I attempted to get closer, they would scurry for the nearest tree, or go higher up the tree.

Its strange, that on this hike, I did not get that strange feeling I did before, as far as I could tell, I was the only hiker there that day, no other cars and I didnt see or hear anyone my entire time there...something must have gave me that feeling...right? Why would it happen once and not this time?

Old 08-14-2021, 10:40 PM

Here is another good one, but this time, 2 separate witnesses,(to the same sighting) came forward...one was a firefighter, and it appears he listed his personal email address! (that is probably not the best move for his career). LOL

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1450
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal