Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 10:06 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

https://discover.hubpages.com/religi...Welsh-Werewolf

Pay special attention to the last section of this article...the cage trap being torn apart and American Zoological experts claiming the tracks were from a Saber tooth tiger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 02:54 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
https://discover.hubpages.com/religi...Welsh-Werewolf

Pay special attention to the last section of this article...the cage trap being torn apart and American Zoological experts claiming the tracks were from a Saber tooth tiger.
Why don't they give the name/s of the 'American Zoological experts'? Could this story be tabloid journalism? Without facts, names, and evidence; all we are left with is simply another piece of fiction.

I have a neighbor that has a huge black dog, that if you see it from a distance and do not see the owner walking his dog, you could swear you saw a bear. We all make mistakes identifying what we thought we saw. Maybe it started off when we were kids and saw the pile of clothes in our dimly lit closets? Humans have imaginations and that is not a bad thing.

We simply need facts and evidence to sort out the reality of these claims.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Why don't they give the name/s of the 'American Zoological experts'? Could this story be tabloid journalism? Without facts, names, and evidence; all we are left with is simply another piece of fiction.

I have a neighbor that has a huge black dog, that if you see it from a distance and do not see the owner walking his dog, you could swear you saw a bear. We all make mistakes identifying what we thought we saw. Maybe it started off when we were kids and saw the pile of clothes in our dimly lit closets? Humans have imaginations and that is not a bad thing.

We simply need facts and evidence to sort out the reality of these claims.
Yes, we all are prone to making mistakes, especially when viewing something at a distance, in low light, or in the depths of a forest...but have to factor in other aspects too, bears just dont behave like these things are reported to.

I find it very interesting there is such a long history of people seeing these 'bipedal half man-half wolf/dog' looking creatures, many of these incidents happened LONG before Hollywood had even created the first werewolf! I was also reading that many other countries, they have specific names for such creatures.(its always a bipedal wolf/dog, larger than normal head, around 7-9ft tall)

I know Im one of the few that believe this...but from all Ive read, I believe its people 'shape-shifting' into these creatures, there are so many similarities across so many incidents, one of the main ones, they are normally seen close to urban or highly populated areas, (but sightings are still fairly rare).

I think witchcraft and/or some kind of ancient ritualistic process is involved.

At one point the Catholic Church was wondering if these creatures had a soul or if the gospel should be preached to them.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:58 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
A Sabre-toothed Tiger suggests a cat, but it does not sound like a cat, it sounds more upright.

The paw-print that Josh Gates found down Bray Road had 5 pads and was wolf-like but not many species of dogs have 5 pads on their paws. There is also the 'paw-hand' which was shown on the Dogman site which showed a hand-like paw with 2-3" nails. Not like a rear dog foot at all.

We need someone scientific to get out to Bray Road and do some proper science !! Fat chance of that.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
A Sabre-toothed Tiger suggests a cat, but it does not sound like a cat, it sounds more upright.

The paw-print that Josh Gates found down Bray Road had 5 pads and was wolf-like but not many species of dogs have 5 pads on their paws. There is also the 'paw-hand' which was shown on the Dogman site which showed a hand-like paw with 2-3" nails. Not like a rear dog foot at all.

We need someone scientific to get out to Bray Road and do some proper science !! Fat chance of that.
Problem is, when you go looking for this thing...you never find it! Nearly every report Ive come across, the encounters happen randomly or by accident...the person is just driving along the road and one jumps in front of their car, or they are out hunting/camping and come across it.

There is very long history in this general area of upright bipedal wolves...I find it interesting that people were reporting seeing werewolf like creatures (before Hollywood had made the first werewolf movies).

Old 08-30-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Problem is, when you go looking for this thing...you never find it! Nearly every report Ive come across, the encounters happen randomly or by accident...the person is just driving along the road and one jumps in front of their car, or they are out hunting/camping and come across it.

There is very long history in this general area of upright bipedal wolves...I find it interesting that people were reporting seeing werewolf like creatures (before Hollywood had made the first werewolf movies).
So you have many reports of these fearsome creatures, but no human bodies. believers have told us that some people wet themselves when they first see one. But there is no physical proof that anybody has ever been attacked by one. So it isn't just that you have no physical evidence the creatures really exist; you also have no human evidence that anybody has ever been harmed by one.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
So you have many reports of these fearsome creatures, but no human bodies. believers have told us that some people wet themselves when they first see one. But there is no physical proof that anybody has ever been attacked by one. So it isn't just that you have no physical evidence the creatures really exist; you also have no human evidence that anybody has ever been harmed by one.
There actually has been people injured by (what they claim was one of these creatures), but if a person comes into the ER with large gashes, how do you confirm it was done by one of these things...and not a bear or a bobcat, something else with claws?

Some of the podcasts Ive listened to have talked about injuries, I can try to find more information on them, (but whats the point really)...no way to test the wounds and determine what did it.

This is one of the strange aspects to this, these fearsome creatures appear to be more scared of us...and/or try to run away from humans as fast as possible...that is definitely not like the werewolves in movies!

I read a crazy theory the other day, that these things are a very old race of aliens, that apparently have some connection to the God Anubis. LOL

If you really want to know more about these things, Linda Godfreys books are what you need to read, I believe she has 4 or 5 books on these things now and she discusses many theories. I will admit, Ive only skimmed thru her books, I need to read them cover to cover...

Nick Redfern also has books on these things, some of his theories are pretty wild though

Old 08-31-2021, 02:26 AM

Quote:
There actually has been people injured by (what they claim was one of these creatures), but if a person comes into the ER with large gashes, how do you confirm it was done by one of these things...and not a bear or a bobcat, something else with claws?

Some of the podcasts Ive listened to have talked about injuries, I can try to find more information on them, (but whats the point really)...no way to test the wounds and determine what did it.

This is one of the strange aspects to this, these fearsome creatures appear to be more scared of us...and/or try to run away from humans as fast as possible...that is definitely not like the werewolves in movies!

I read a crazy theory the other day, that these things are a very old race of aliens, that apparently have some connection to the God Anubis. LOL

If you really want to know more about these things, Linda Godfreys books are what you need to read, I believe she has 4 or 5 books on these things now and she discusses many theories. I will admit, Ive only skimmed thru her books, I need to read them cover to cover...

Nick Redfern also has books on these things, some of his theories are pretty wild though
Try facts! If humans are attacked we can do DNA testing. We can collect samples left behind from the attacker/s. We sent a 'team' to the Himalayas to find evidence of the Yeti and they only found evidence of bear, goat, dog, and human.

You claim there is no way to test wounds, but it is done all the time. We even made a science out of it and it is called forensics. What you want us to believe is that there is no way to test wounds that prove you are right. The likely reason that nothing comes back pointing at BF or your Dogman is they are only fictional - like the vast majority of 'crazy theories' you read!

Old 08-31-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Try facts! If humans are attacked we can do DNA testing. We can collect samples left behind from the attacker/s. We sent a 'team' to the Himalayas to find evidence of the Yeti and they only found evidence of bear, goat, dog, and human.

You claim there is no way to test wounds, but it is done all the time. We even made a science out of it and it is called forensics. What you want us to believe is that there is no way to test wounds that prove you are right. The likely reason that nothing comes back pointing at BF or your Dogman is they are only fictional - like the vast majority of 'crazy theories' you read!
Ive never heard of forensics teams getting involved when someone has an animal attack...plus the information you want is not easy to come by...I cannot just walk into a hospital and ask to see records for people that have claimed to have these attacks. Its the same deal with police reports too, I had a retired detective that worked for Erlanger PD helping me and I was still not successful in obtaining anything.

Hospitals will not even confirm or deny that they have treated a person! They are not permitted to thanks to privacy laws.

You have asked for solid proof...Ive tried to obtain that, unfortunately its not easy, IDK, maybe Im approaching this all wrong...maybe I need to offer a monetary incentive? (like the 4 witnesses of the local bowling alley incident I contacted) I would throw some money their way if they would sit down with me and answer some questions. (what I could afford to give them anyway).

Old 08-31-2021, 10:10 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
I’ve never heard of this. Although I am in South Wales, and this is in North Wales. Interesting though…

We have Bigfoot, here in South Wales, instead:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-woodland.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal