Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 07:25 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
I don’t remember her ever seeing a traditional ghost, but she did claim to see people who didn’t belong walk into a room and then not being in there when she or other staff followed them in.
Wouldn't that be a traditional ghost? I absolutely believe deceased loved ones come to meet and assist those who are passing, so maybe that's what she was seeing. Did he happen to mention if the people in those rooms passed shortly after?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 09:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Wouldn't that be a traditional ghost? I absolutely believe deceased loved ones come to meet and assist those who are passing, so maybe that's what she was seeing. Did he happen to mention if the people in those rooms passed shortly after?
SOME people report that, (but not everyone).

Some people report frightening entities, instead of deceased friends and family. I assume this is based on what kind of person they were in life, but who knows?

Old 06-07-2022, 11:38 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I had a weird experience while in the hospital in September 2020. In Las Vegas. I had all the lights turned off as the ambient lighting was keeping me awake, they left just one on. Door closed. So, laying there, on my side, eyes closed, facing the opposite way of the night light and I hear people in the room. Like shoes shuffling across the floor. At least two come up by the bed, one gets real close, and the guy says "Well, what do we have here? Hmm?" Like I'm in his bed or something. I open one eye, and there is no one there. I quickly close my eye again, thinking, "oh crap"hoping they would leave. I could hear movement like they were walking away from the bed to the bathroom and then nothing. The bathroom was by the window, and there is no way they went thru the window to leave. Since they don't open. I eventually fell asleep. It did not happen any other night while I was there after the first night.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I had a weird experience while in the hospital in September 2020. In Las Vegas. I had all the lights turned off as the ambient lighting was keeping me awake, they left just one on. Door closed. So, laying there, on my side, eyes closed, facing the opposite way of the night light and I hear people in the room. Like shoes shuffling across the floor. At least two come up by the bed, one gets real close, and the guy says "Well, what do we have here? Hmm?" Like I'm in his bed or something. I open one eye, and there is no one there. I quickly close my eye again, thinking, "oh crap"hoping they would leave. I could hear movement like they were walking away from the bed to the bathroom and then nothing. The bathroom was by the window, and there is no way they went thru the window to leave. Since they don't open. I eventually fell asleep. It did not happen any other night while I was there after the first night.
That's so cool!

As for seeing deceased loved ones, this happened to my mother, and I witnessed it. After asking who that "blonde man" was, "just sitting by the door," she began happily greeting and chatting with family and friends I also couldn't see. I would ask who they were, and she'd tell me their names; I even asked for the (French) spelling and wrote them all down.

Afterwards, I Googled and, sure enough, all had passed away. With one, she exclaimed, "I didn't expect to see YOU here!" I again asked who it was, and she replied "the only man I ever loved." I said, "Dad?" and she said, "No." LOL! Indeed, my research showed that this man had only recently passed and she hadn't heard...

I always somehow KNEW that there was "life after life," and this was just the reassuring confirmation of that. This experience is not at all uncommon, but it was beautiful to see.

And, yes, this was in a hospital, so they were all there at least temporarily!

Maybe your visitors were just in the wrong room?

Old 06-08-2022, 08:53 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont really belong to any religion either, and to be honest, Im not sure which one would best match the way I believe, However, since I was raised Catholic and my family are all Catholics, it tough to set that aside when trying to form an opinion, (my past influences me even though I try not to allow it), I doubt there is any way to avoid that, (unless I get Dementia I guess!)

I do worry about being judged at death though, I try to be a good person and Im not one to get angry or violent, but like everyone, Ive done things in my life that I regret, and I know its a possibility I will be judged on those things, whatever happens, I just hope I get to express my feelings or questions to whoever may be judging me...

Ive read quite a few NDEs but I dont think Ive read on where the person says they were being judged or about to be judged, nearly all the NDEs, the nearly dead person is instantly in one of 2 places, so Im not sure when this judging takes place or maybe it happens without us knowing?

I really hope that when I die, I will see some deceased friends/family.
I couldn't agree more with the parts I made bold. Just have to change Catholic to Lutheran.

I would think a Nursing Home would be as active or even more so than a hospital. Very few leave a Nursing Home alive. A few years ago I worked at one as the Plant Operations Supervisor so I interacted with everyone. Not a single person ever mentioned ghosts.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I couldn't agree more with the parts I made bold. Just have to change Catholic to Lutheran.

I would think a Nursing Home would be as active or even more so than a hospital. Very few leave a Nursing Home alive. A few years ago I worked at one as the Plant Operations Supervisor so I interacted with everyone. Not a single person ever mentioned ghosts.
Why would a ghost hang around a nursing home? Even the living don't want to be there!

Old 06-08-2022, 09:14 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Why would a ghost hang around a nursing home? Even the living don't want to be there!
For the same reason they would hang out any place. The one I worked at for a very short time had very few residents that didn't like being there.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:15 AM

10,905 posts, read 7,393,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is frightening to me...the notion that deceased 'souls' (or whatever you want to call them), are somehow trapped in the last place they were when they died!

Ive wondered about this before, hopefully I die outside, so Im not trapped in any one spot.
Wouldn't you just be trapped near the spot you died, even if it was outside? I don't think building walls would be much of an obstacle to spirits.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Wouldn't you just be trapped near the spot you died, even if it was outside?
No; I don't think what we know of ghosts bears this out. In that case, the interstates would be littered with them!

Old 06-08-2022, 12:01 PM

950 posts, read 1,260,095 times
My dad was at BAMC Hospital (Brook Army Medical Center) on Fort Sam Houston to have two tumors removed on his colon.
Well went up to see him soon as I got off work. We chatted a bit, and daddy told me a woman and child visited him. I thought at first someone was visiting a paitent and went into his room by mistake. No big deal right. Well then he tells me they are here. I looked only the two of us in the room. He pointed to the end of his bed and insisted they were there. I said , oh yes, I see them. That calmed him down. Now if it had been one of the family, like my grandmother or his aunts, I'm sure he would have said it was his mother, Aunt Helen or somebody else who was a relative. But he didn't call this lady or child by name. Now, I had given him the Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, which had belonged to momma and which we kept after she passed on. Put it on him when he went to the hospital. He passed away in intensive care. The operation to remove the tumors was a success, but one of his lungs must have quit. He had damage to them from WW2, when he was in the North African desert. The Catholic chapelian came and gave him last rites. I mentioned to Father about the lady and child, and how I wondered if it was the Blessed Mother , but can't recall his reply.
And that is my story. Now his first cousin , Sister John Edna was a Sister of Charity of Nazerath ,Kentucky. She was a nurse and hospital administrator. I wonder if she might have heard or seen some strange things; She passed away before all the paranormal craze from a brain tumor. So i do think things go on.
Another thing, my dad served from 1942 to 1975 in the Air Force. He saw a lot of death and destruction, so he said he didn't fear death because he was surrounded by it seeing men and even civilians loosing their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal