Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 05:53 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times

Advertisements

I was told, it was "Champie." (Back in the 1980's.)

We have "Nessie Burger" here. Not bad, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 07:39 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Nope, it's definitely Champ. "Champ" is a big tourist industry in the Champlain Valley...T-shirts, stuffed animals, maple candy, you name it. I meant to add an alleged photo of Winnie (Lake Winnipesaukee). There's also the Dublin Pond eel-monster, "Cassie" in Casco Bay, a critter in Sebago Lake, and giant rabbits on some island in Lake Bomoseen.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:05 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Shouldnt there be similar creature 'misidentifications' from just about every large body of water then?
A study showed that all lake monsters appear in lakes surrounded by trees. You extrapolate.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
There are. Every lake in New England has one. Champ is the most well-known.

Winnie.
Well, I live in KY and I work in OH frequently, Ive yet to see any water creature claims from any large lake in this area...

I take that back, someone in the late 1800s did claim to see 2 mermaid looking things in Vevay, IN, (but NONE since then!) and that was only in the OH river.

I want to know where all the modern day 'attention seekers' and those wanting to make money off this stuff are? Someone could very easily 'fake' another mermaid type encounter, heck, they could probably write a book, sell tshirts and coffee mugs, start a dedicated podcast, etc, etc. (but they havent).

Old 06-08-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Nope, it's definitely Champ. "Champ" is a big tourist industry in the Champlain Valley...T-shirts, stuffed animals, maple candy, you name it. I meant to add an alleged photo of Winnie (Lake Winnipesaukee). There's also the Dublin Pond eel-monster, "Cassie" in Casco Bay, a critter in Sebago Lake, and giant rabbits on some island in Lake Bomoseen.
Precisely!

This kind of thing is a freaking gold mine for so called crypto-researchers, but apparently, only SOME bodies of water qualify? LOL Go figure.

I got a funny feeling, these water creatures are not as silly as many think they are, I think there may be something to it, (for the simple fact that this is not happening in every large body of water)...

When logically, there should be 'large water creature' sightings/claims/reports, from EVERY large enough body of water.

How is this any different than Bigfoot? He is reported in every large forested area. (even if a large percentage are misidentifying or totally faking it)...well, that should be happening with this cryptid too.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:32 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Those do look like fish vertebrae. How do you tell how big they are?
"This skeleton has been spotted on the sea floor just lying there to be discovered, and is 90 feet long and this is not the whole thing."

Old 06-08-2022, 10:34 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, I live in KY and I work in OH frequently, Ive yet to see any water creature claims from any large lake in this area...

Here you go. Ozzy is closer to you.
https://lakeozarksmonster.weebly.com/

Champ actually has more validity than any of the other claims I've read about. Lake Champlain is big enough to hide a large creature, and its history as a former but now-isolated arm of the ocean leads to theories about a sea creature being trapped in the lake eons ago.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Here you go. Ozzy is closer to you.
https://lakeozarksmonster.weebly.com/

Champ actually has more validity than any of the other claims I've read about. Lake Champlain is big enough to hide a large creature, and its history as a former but now-isolated arm of the ocean leads to theories about a sea creature being trapped in the lake eons ago.
Yep, we have some large lakes in KY and OH too.

I really do think these things are out there, what they are though, is something else, I have NO idea on that!

I will say though, these things may be what any other cryptids are? Even with the water creatures, its the same thing as Bigfoot and other cryptids, they prefer to stay hidden to most, but some people apparently are lucky enough to see them. This is sort of what ties all of these topics together!

Old 06-09-2022, 02:38 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I think, the fact that a large skeleton has been found which would account for a large number of sightings, says that there may be some truth there somewhere, not only in the sightings but also in the existence of the beasts.

Some at Loch Ness have also claimed to see the creature on dry land on its way somewhere...and the fact that people long ago reported it taking sheep and humans seem to point to something which can travel in both water and on land.

However, we generally do not give much credence to old reports of strange things. How arrogant. Almost as if common sense does not travel well down through the ages. Those poor uneducated peasants.

Old 06-09-2022, 06:54 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
I was at a pizzeria the other day and the guy next to me went on a long winded story of bigfoot/loch ness sightings, I've never eaten 2 slices so fast in my life!

The world would have found proof by now. A dead one either by a hunter or old age would go a long way in proving the skeptics wrong. Everything is on camera, everybody has a cell phone camera with decent camera quality so I would have expected this to have been solved by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal