Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 08:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times

Advertisements

I dislike talking about this stuff on Forums cuz of the nay-sayers....but, here goes: As brief as I can.
So, from the day I was born till my father's death ---he put me down, ridiculed me, made fun of me and sometimes showed disgust.
Thing is, he was a nice man.
I went to therapy in 1996 to talk about this, cuz I was aware it was effecting my relationships.
Another therapist allowed me to access my tears and anger around him.
I prayed to forgive him (ex-Catholic), I would yell at him in the Other Side...WHY did you even have kids?!

I just could not get forgiveness and let go of my resentment.

On a Clear Day, Out of the Blue, after decades of this - suddenly all stopped and I was given a vision...however for the first
time this one was only Auditory, no visuals.

It was my dad and me in the In-Between place before we come back here.
He was saying to me...I will be your father and you will be my daughter and I will treat you like you treat women, so you will stop once and for all.
I simply, clearly said. "ok".

Later, having an emotional issue with someone ...I was maybe in my 3rd to 5th hour sitting in meditation...when
suddenly I was given yet another vision of a scene from a Past Life...
Oh boy, I was a gambler - 1840-70s...and boy was I not a nice husband to my wife...yikes! Shameful.

I am pretty nice now to everyone...I know now how much it hurts, crushes someone's spirit, not to be.

*Point of the story*: Nothing is what it seems.
Your enemy, tormentor could be your best friend, within your Soul Group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2023, 09:14 AM

986 posts, read 552,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I dislike talking about this stuff on Forums cuz of the nay-sayers....but, here goes: As brief as I can.
So, from the day I was born till my father's death ---he put me down, ridiculed me, made fun of me and sometimes showed disgust.
I went to therapy in 1996 to talk about this, cuz I was aware it was effecting my relationships.
I prayed to forgive him (ex-Catholic), I would yell at him in the Other Side...WHY did you even have kids?!

On a Clear Day, Out of the Blue, after decades of this - suddenly all stopped and I was given a vision...however for the first

He was saying to me...I will be your father and you will be my daughter and I will treat you like you treat women, so you will stop once and for all.

Later, having an emotional issue with someone ...I was maybe in my 3rd to 5th hour sitting in meditation...when
Oh boy, I was a gambler - 1840-70s...and boy was I not a nice husband to my wife...yikes! Shameful.

I am pretty nice now to everyone...I know now how much it hurts, crushes someone's spirit, not to be.

It doesn't let me click the thumbs up, I guess I have liked several of your posts. Thank you for this.

I had a similar relationship with my dad, but he was horrible to all of his kids and my mom. I have been thinking about him lately because I was going through my deceased brother's things and it brought up a lot about my dad, anger mostly. I have not even tried to fogive him, though I know what you describe is true. I even had a vision when I was in my 30's of a bunch of people sitting with me around a big conference table, each of us had a map and we each got a turn to say something like "at this junction I need someone who will ..." and one or two would volunteer to be that for the asker. It was a metaphor for how we create our experiences on the planet. I don't know if I was a horrible misogynist in another life, I only know that I volunteered and mapped out the main points of my experience being human on planet earth for this life.

I don't know if I mentioned this in this thread or somewhere else on this forum, my coworker friend had a ouija board and invited 3 of us to her house to use that. It never worked when she was alone and I think that was a protection because she had a lot of fear. We all got a turn on the oiuja board and the other 3 asked "how many lives have I lived on earth" One got a number in the 20's, on in the 90's one in the 40's. They aske for me and it was 3. I laughed because I have always though planet earth was the weirdest place in the universe. They all went "ahhhhhh..." like I was a baby or something. Earth is not the only place people incarnate.

Back to my relationship with my dad, I thought I had forgiven him because I know we choose our experiences, but for some reason that child in me is still angry about his choices, addictions cause people to make very bad choices, especially in their relationships with people who love them. However the effect on my life is that I made certain choices that I would not have otherwise, it kept me on the map I had designed for what ever reason that I will not know while I am experiencing being human on planet earth. Anger, joy, peace, etc. all emotions are part of the experience.

Old 09-22-2023, 11:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
DesertRat- I'm glad you talked about this. xo

Old 09-22-2023, 04:12 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,161,649 times
Quote:

Very true. I had a co-worker I despised but tolerated to keep money coming into our business.

She died exactly how I expected her to....her choices are her burden to take into the "next world."

Part of re-incarnation studies is finding out things that do feel unpleasant, shocking or upsetting.

Old 09-23-2023, 08:10 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,013,527 times
when I was about 22/23 years old my now husband took me to a friend of the families cabin up at a ski resort in Tahoe. it was summer time and we did a lot of hiking and spent a lot of time outdoors.

on one of the hikes we came to a trail head and I immediately froze. It just came to me that id been there before, my name had been Sarah and I had been part of the Donner party expedition.

my BF (now hubby) said "what's wrong with you ? you look like you've seen a ghost!" I responded with a small smile and just told him I didn't want to explore this trail.

I thought about it the rest of our time there and convinced myself I was nuts.

driving home at the end of the weekend I told my BF/hubby what I had experienced.he took it all in stride. didnt believe any of it (he still doesnt as a scientist he is a show me the physical proof kinda guy) but believes that I believe.

all these years later I question whether I just made that up in my head or if there is truth to it. just one of many many many weird experiences I have on the daily involving some type of psychic thing.

Old 09-24-2023, 10:21 AM

986 posts, read 552,213 times
Quote:
DesertRat- I'm glad you talked about this. xo
Thank you. I think I remember you from another forum that I haven't been to in a long time. You are always the voice of reason.

Old 09-24-2023, 10:41 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,024,379 times
I got drunk twice in my life (when I was 20 years old) and each time I started to speak in perfect English. Having a proper English accent. And at that time I didn't know the language very well but...I spoke very well apparently when drunk. My friends told me this. So...in a former life I spoke English for certain.

Later, when I was 31 yo and I was living in the UK, I moved to a medieval city there and I visited the old castle. I love castles, everywhere I go, I have to visit them and draw them in pencil. This one was from 1200 and something, built during William the Conqueror. It had great magnetism, I had this wish to go and visit and spend time there in the garden almost every day. I could not help it. Again, I probably lived there sometime in the past, in another incarnation.

Another time I met a Buddhist monk, he came to my native country ( a former communist country) after the fall of communism. In 1992 I think. He was giving a talk in English and I happened to be there in the room. He had a translator. Anyway, I was in the front and when he came on the stage and started to speak he looked at me and reacted as if he had a shock. It was very weird. He looked very surprised to see me there and during the talk he stared at me almost all the time. He was from Asia, I forgot the country. I was thinking all the time:"Why is he staring at me like that?" I was young and pretty but he was a monk so...it must have been something else. And why so in shock? I will never know...He knew me from a different incarnation or what?

This happened to me a few other times, with different people. Strangers. Weird...

Old 09-25-2023, 08:20 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,339,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
when I was about 22/23 years old my now husband took me to a friend of the families cabin up at a ski resort in Tahoe. it was summer time and we did a lot of hiking and spent a lot of time outdoors.

on one of the hikes we came to a trail head and I immediately froze. It just came to me that id been there before, my name had been Sarah and I had been part of the Donner party expedition.

my BF (now hubby) said "what's wrong with you ? you look like you've seen a ghost!" I responded with a small smile and just told him I didn't want to explore this trail.

I thought about it the rest of our time there and convinced myself I was nuts.

driving home at the end of the weekend I told my BF/hubby what I had experienced.he took it all in stride. didnt believe any of it (he still doesnt as a scientist he is a show me the physical proof kinda guy) but believes that I believe.

all these years later I question whether I just made that up in my head or if there is truth to it. just one of many many many weird experiences I have on the daily involving some type of psychic thing.
Had you ever read any books or magazines or on-line articles about the Donner party prior to this experience?

Old 09-25-2023, 07:10 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
The bolded is the intriguing part. You should take a psychic workshop to see what abilities you have. The instructors are usually well experienced in "psi" phenomena, and could give you feedback.

Old 09-25-2023, 07:14 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:

https://historyexp.org/sarah-graves/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal