Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 07:43 PM

3,111 posts, read 1,006,463 times

Advertisements

Yes, I am making progress. Thank God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 11:56 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
Glad you said this.

My "sensitivity" has brought a lot of grief into my life.

Most people have some sort of sense or ability to "read" others well.

(I'm making general statements.)

Regarding past lives, the important thing to think of is, that wisdom is for helping you live a current better life. You're supposed to be making progress.
The daughter of a friend of mine has quite a few gifts in the "psi" arena, from both her father's lineage and her mother's. Sometimes she has flashes that show her some impending disaster, accident, whatever, that's going to befall someone. Much of the time, she's not able to warn them. That is torturous for her. I don't recall if she's been able to warn someone effectively, i.e. be believed and they've managed to avert the tragic event. I'll ask my friend to see if there have been any successes in that regard. I don't know if it's possible; if one sees a glimpse of the future, is it possible to change the course of "fate" or whatever it is?

Old 10-04-2023, 01:50 PM

I think it depends. If God wants the change, maybe he's going to help you do the change and affect others also. If you pray hard. Or if God accords you his grace. If not, nothing you can do about it. Just accept it and that's all. Sometimes there is mass karma, and people have to die so others benefit from it. How come? I have no idea.

Old 10-07-2023, 02:48 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,149,613 times
I can't link to this story, but years ago I found it on a message board devoted to spiritual studies-

A woman "Vanessa" started to have some odd experiences and feelings of wanting to better her life in her late 20s (being a healthy person and a single mother, she attributed her feelings and thoughts to becoming mature as an adult.)

One evening she let her mother babysit for her and Vanessa treated herself to a night out at the movies.

She rarely had chances to relax so she fell into a meditative trance during the movie in the theater.

She ended up having a personal realization later- she had lived a past life where she died young due to a drug overdose. She was living her current life as an "answer" to the past one- in her current life, she was very timid (not a risk-taker) and chose to become a mother early in life, feeling the choice was right for her. She also actively avoided certain types of people- in her past life, her romantic partner was the one getting her drugs, and he was the one who got her the final dose she ODed on.

In her case, her past life memories came to her naturally, and helped her make some decisions she needed to make.

I would like to add some people won't be happy if they undertake meditation sessions or hypnosis sessions to learn about their past lives. Life can be messy and some people end up with more questions than answers once they start those studies.

Old 10-07-2023, 08:00 PM

I would never do hypnosis, never. I'm not interested at all.

Old 10-09-2023, 11:44 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
I would never do hypnosis, never. I'm not interested at all.
I've tried it on a few occasions over the years. It's only worked on me once; only one person was ever able to put me into that type of altered state of consciousness. Kind of frustrating.

Old 10-10-2023, 01:34 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Brian Weiss is a must-read, OP! He's a psychotherapist who completely unexpectedly found himself working with clients on their past lives. He didn't even believe it at first. He didn't set out to do this type of work, but one of his clients suddenly started talking about events in a time period he couldn't place. Read his story, it's amazing. Very impressive and solid guy.
My wife and I were in the Miami area during the time that he was doing past life regression. My wife was a psychotherapist there and tried and used trance inducing techniques such as guided imagery and music, and brain synch light goggles and headphones. We individually determined at the time that what Weiss was claiming had no basis in fact (historical events misrepresented, recurring themes, etc.). Years later, after his book sales had died down, he backtracked and stated that the reason he kept with the past life regression was strictly for their therapeutic value, that the "memories" simply were a means to an end.

My point here is that regardless of belief or non-belief in past life regression and reincarnation, Weiss is not a reliable source. If you are interested in such things, the Tibetan Buddhist traditions would be a much more credible starting point.

Old 10-10-2023, 03:32 PM

19,699 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
Synopsis, please.

Personally, my greatest worry is that reincarnation is real. I do NOT want to ever come back here again. I am with the Buddhists.
Check this out, the self-mummifying Buddhist Monks of Sokoshinbutsu --- the practice is gruesome as hell, but wow.

Monks Of Sokoshinbutsu - The Self-Mummified Monks Of Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m6K94CxHfc

They believed they could transcend death through insane ritual suffering and bypass the trappings of reincarnation and enter into a higher realm of existence. Their bodies are housed in temples, people go pray to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal