Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 08:30 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,150,656 times

Advertisements

Worry less, live more.

There's no reason to be upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2023, 11:14 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I've been dealing with cigarette smoke smell the past couple of months. It's a common paranormal phenomenon, evidently.

A psychic told me it's a land spirit, he's harmless, is infatuated with me, doesn't want to go into The Light cuz I'm his dream girl. I'm not flattered! She said his spirit guides will be coming to fetch him and take him into the light soon. Not soon enough for me!

Reading opinions on the OP's dilemma, I can debunk mine:

I don't smoke.

No one I know smokes.

The neighbors in my building and the building next door (only four units each) don't smoke and are seldom home as they travel frequently, often gone for weeks at a time. One reason I like it here - very quiet.

It's a 100 yr old building and the only thing 'shared' is a solid brick and plaster wall with the adjoining apartment. No upstairs, no basement, not on the street side of the building.

Hardwood floors were newly refinished when I moved in years ago. Ceramic tile on bathroom floor. Kitchen linoleum is one layer over hardwood floor.

When I've smelled the smoke strongly, I've gone outside, front and back, to see if anyone was there. Nope. And there was NO smoke smell outside. Only inside.

Apartment manager and handyman don't live on site. It's hard to get them to show up even when tenants ask!

I might know who it is, though. Many years ago there was an old geezer, alcoholic bum, who'd sit on the curb smoking. He always gave me a big, gap toothed, tobacco stained smile. I was civil to him, nothing more. Cops took him away eventually when he beat up his wife. Both died years ago.

Old 11-19-2023, 07:06 AM

11,026 posts, read 6,870,183 times
Well there you go, the old guy loved the area so much and also developed a crush on you so he refuses to leave!

Seriously, I think both are true (phantom cigarette smoke and paranormal activity). Examples given on this thread contain both phantom (somewhere in the building but where and from whom?) and paranormal.

Old 11-23-2023, 09:36 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I moved in early September, since then -
--Small personal MP3 player went missing, when I remember putting it in a certain place so I could find it. I've looked everywhere, several times. Plus, I thought I had hundreds of songs backed up in a folder on the laptop, just looked, there are 55.

--Quite often get a smell of cigarette smoke, when the entire complex is smoke-free.

--Four electric outlets stopped working yesterday, checked the circuit breakers, they are fine.

I am in an end unit, the one next to me is empty, the owner having died last year. Not sure if he died at home.

I moved from an 1850's apt where there was NO paranormal activity at all, before that I was in a house I built in the 1990's, TONS of activity.
This really sounds like classic poltergeist activity. I have had all of these things happen to me. When they happen all at once, It's very creepy.

Cigarette smoke is more often caused by a human spirit who smoked in their lifetime.

Have you been under strass? When people are stressed, they become a magnet poltergeist activity. I'd have the place blessed. That's my advice. Whatever, you do, don't do nothing at all. They seldom just "go away".

Old 11-24-2023, 03:05 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Often you can command a spirit to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I should probably sage my apartment again

Old 11-24-2023, 04:18 PM

11,026 posts, read 6,870,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Often you can command a spirit to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I should probably sage my apartment again.
Correct. Thanks for posting that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal