Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 07:59 AM

40,992 posts, read 49,365,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Given that the best estimates that the known universe is 93 billion light years across does anyone really believe aliens have the technology to visit earth?
Yes.

The Universe is 13 Billion years old and our system is 4 Billion. It would be easy for a civilization to be ahead of ours by 500,000 years or more. If a civilization can avoid self destruction a lot of technology can be done in 100,000-300,000 thousand years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 08:37 AM

108 posts, read 28,104 times
Quote:
Given that the best estimates that the known universe is 93 billion light years across does anyone really believe aliens have the technology to visit earth?
If aliens do exist, they wouldn't need to travel 93 billion light years.

Old 05-07-2024, 11:24 AM

141 posts, read 29,572 times
There are several stars near the sun that have planets in the habitual zone.The closes star to the sun has planets in the zone.who knows what life would look like under the shine of a Red dwarf star.They would have big or different eyes I would guess due to the light.They actually got a signal coming from what they thought was the planet orbiting Proxima Century the closes star.They could not find the signal again and now say they think it was a echo of our tech but who knows?Our signal has only traveled about 150 light year and I am being very generous with that number.Thier signals may not of reached us yet depending when they began broadcasting or maybe they mask their signal when advanced enough it would seem like the smart idea.A alien civilization may of picked up our signal but if they are 150 light years away we wouldn't get a answer for 150 years.

Last edited by Paul888; 05-07-2024 at 11:50 AM..

Old 05-07-2024, 12:34 PM

25,667 posts, read 17,430,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
It doesn't really explain exactly how they will be solved. These are very old cases, over half a century old in some cases. All the physical evidence (if there were any originally) is gone, some of the "abductees" have passed-on, they can only examine second hand accounts and records.
You don't hear too much about abductions anymore for some reasons. It seems to be a phenomena from the 60s and 70s.
Yeah.
Funny how all the really mysterious abduction stories disappeared about the time everyone and his brother started carrying their iPhones around, with its camera.

That being said, the Travis Walton story is particularly intriguing. Since I put myself squarely in the corner of "Skeptic", I have no idea what happened to Travis and his crew. Something did. But "solve" the mystery?.... No. No one is going to solve it.

Old 05-07-2024, 12:39 PM

8,532 posts, read 6,959,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by night912 View Post
If aliens do exist, they wouldn't need to travel 93 billion light years.
OK. So where would they come from. Our solar system?

Old 05-07-2024, 01:15 PM

4,332 posts, read 1,577,940 times
Quote:
That supposes that our current human knowledge of how to traverse such distances is absolute.

Seems arrogant to think we possess all required knowledge.

Old 05-07-2024, 01:30 PM

How about explaining what this object is there is no know man made object that can do it.NO aerodynamics spinning travelling at hyper speeds in the atmosphere and the fighter jets lost it when it just took off at speeds they can never reach.The video is from the US fighter group that chased it.The Pentagon was forced to release the video and made a statement that UAPs are a national security risk but as usual the pilots were ridiculed and shamed the dumb-ass way to get answers the public completely ignored the video and wrote it off as garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKHg-vnTFsM

There is also the Giant TicTac object that the pilots chased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85OhTbTtK_I

Don't believe the pilot he has to be nuts he couldn't of seen it right.Like the pilot says if human's were inside these crafts they would be bug splatter on the wall with the enormous G-force he estimated 13000 Gs a human can handle maybe 8 Gs

Another one slips under the public eyes.

Last edited by Paul888; 05-07-2024 at 02:49 PM..

Old 05-07-2024, 03:04 PM

I also saw Charlie Red Star I was there a well documented sighting I called it Red Charlie.It lit the entire sky Red in a flash I saw it and you can call me crazy if you want but there were lots of other people there too so it wasn't just me.It would come to this private airport and people would go there hoping to see it. It went on a few nights and people went crazy trying to see it. So I'm a nutcase too because I saw it.

Old 05-08-2024, 07:32 AM

3,507 posts, read 2,800,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
I also saw Charlie Red Star I was there a well documented sighting I called it Red Charlie.It lit the entire sky Red in a flash I saw it and you can call me crazy if you want but there were lots of other people there too so it wasn't just me.It would come to this private airport and people would go there hoping to see it. It went on a few nights and people went crazy trying to see it. So I'm a nutcase too because I saw it.
That's cool that you saw that UFO. Ever since I read the book on the event I've been fascinated by Charlie Red Star. A mischievous UFO or UFOs that was seen by tons of people over a period of months. Next to the Shag Harbor and Falcon Lake incidents I find it Canada's most fascinating UFO encounter.

Old 05-08-2024, 08:11 AM

108 posts, read 28,104 times
Quote:
OK. So where would they come from. Our solar system?
They can come from anywhere in the known because the distance between any spot in the known universe and earth, is less than 93 billion light years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal