Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 04:30 PM

3 posts, read 1,492 times

Advertisements

How many people have had their heart stopped and have come back to life by the help of others? If you never had the feeling of life draining from your body then you have never lived.
Being shot at in a jungle by people who want you dead!
Think about all of the people who have died in wars because they will go to Heaven, but might have to think twice if they were told that neither Heaven or Hell exist if/when they die.
We are all close to death ever day for our hearts can stop.
Put it in terms of a police officer who is armed and has a vest on. On most cases nothing will happen in his day. In rare cases he will be shot at if the other person is a good shot he will shoot the office in the head, bad shot into the vest. A person that gets with in arm reach of an officer can disarm that officer and will shoot that officer dead. It is not near death, but dead.
You can chock on a bite of food. Your computer keyboard can short circuit and your toast. Want to try the flu, a real killer.
How about text and drive and your the one who gets hit!
List goes on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 06:13 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I don't believe in near death experience because the bible doesn't support it. I believe in an afterlife because the bible says, there is one.
I read once that when ancient Hebrews said that someone died, they phrased it as "they went into the belly of the fish," just as we would say that someone passed over. I immediately thought of Jonah so I went and read it and I think that it probably is an account of him having a NDE. I thought so even more when I read that those who go thru a NDE often come back with a renewed sense of mission, which is exactly what Jonah did. If you read it with that perspective, the whole story makes a lot more sense.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:48 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
People who die and come back after an NDE obviously haven't experienced complete death of all their brain cells. That's why it's a Near Death Experience rather than a Post Death Experience. Suppose consciousness and the self are tied to the brain's circuitry/chemistry, but the brain acts more as a mediator between the consciousness and the brain's circuitry/chemistry rather than being the source of that consciousness. Roger Penrose speculated that the seat of consciousness was actually in the microtubule system. If he's right, then perhaps people can be conscious even when there's no discernible brain activity. So we might ask instead: NDEs - Proof of an independent (or quasi-independent) consciousness?

Old 03-26-2015, 10:36 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Then there is the case of the young woman correctly reading a five digit number in an 'out of body' experience. The only way she could have read that number was to have actually been outside her body. If a living person can be outside their body then why not after death? Of course, we have no way of knowing whether that experiment was a hoax or not.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:14 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I read once that when ancient Hebrews said that someone died, they phrased it as "they went into the belly of the fish," just as we would say that someone passed over. I immediately thought of Jonah so I went and read it and I think that it probably is an account of him having a NDE. I thought so even more when I read that those who go thru a NDE often come back with a renewed sense of mission, which is exactly what Jonah did. If you read it with that perspective, the whole story makes a lot more sense.
I've heard that interpretation of the Jonah story, too.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:49 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Then there is the case of the young woman correctly reading a five digit number in an 'out of body' experience. The only way she could have read that number was to have actually been outside her body. If a living person can be outside their body then why not after death? Of course, we have no way of knowing whether that experiment was a hoax or not.

Whenever somebody puts up a post like this, it must be treated as nothing more than rumor unless a credible link to the story is provided.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:22 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
There is no proof of an afterlife. If you believe it is faith. And there is nothing wrong with having faith.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:13 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
I would have thought anyone interested in NDE's and OBE's would know of this one. Well, here it is, hoax or not?

Out Of Body Experiences Proven By Scientific Study | Spirit Science and Metaphysics

Old 03-27-2015, 02:59 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard
There is no proof of an afterlife. If you believe it is faith. And there is nothing wrong with having faith.
When my grandfather passed away I sensed his spirit in our house days later...... The radio came on all by itself,etc..........

THERE IS AN AFTERLIFE..... The spirit just leaves the body.........

Old 03-27-2015, 03:27 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I would have thought anyone interested in NDE's and OBE's would know of this one. Well, here it is, hoax or not?

Out Of Body Experiences Proven By Scientific Study | Spirit Science and Metaphysics
From what I have read about Dr. Crookall is that he found most of his cases from the British Spiritualist newspaper.

There are current studies being conducted scientifically.

Here is one interesting study that was published in 2007.

http://www.neuro.ki.se/ehrsson/pdfs/...7-with-SOM.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal