Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Ok, why not just reform the question. How Many of you believe in Aliens from other planets?
If you had said: "aliens on other planets" I would say the chance is 100% but "aliens on this planet?" 0%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handfull View Post
The main or common question I hear and read is, "if alien-UFO's exist, than why don't they contact us here on Earth?" I expand on that question, which makes you view it another way, "since aliens know we exist, than why don't they contact us?" I think they already have along time ago.
I think the reason that UFO occupants don't contact us is that their vision is calibrated to a far different wavelength and they simply can't see us. But I would imagine that they will occasionally say to each other; "did you fart?!" when in reality it was probably one of us.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:29 PM

76 posts, read 79,686 times
I believe that people are seeing something that is flying , cannot be identified but don't really think it's of alien origins

Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I think what most people call UFOs are actually secret military projects and aircraft. I personally believe there is intelligent life out there, where it's as near as Alpha Centauri or as far away as the other side of the galaxy I'm not sure. But, I don't believe we've had alien visitors before

Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
My answer tends to be no, I do not think UFOs exist. But I just ran across this article and thought I'd post it here and see what you guys think. It was a sighting by a commercial pilot who also used to be a military pilot. He and his copilot saw it on approach to Kansas City International Airport en route from St. Louis. This supposedly happened Monday, two days ago.

Commercial pilot reports seeing UFO Monday at KCI Airport

Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
strictly speaking, anytime we can't identify something in the sky, it is a UFO. i think the possibility that something could be coming from space to see what the hell it is we are doing down here is reasonable. after all, haven't we been in space? could it be possible that we really have no idea what is beyond the point at which we or our satellites have traveled in space? yes. that is a reasonable assumption.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:22 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i think the possibility that something could be coming from space to see what the hell it is we are doing down here is reasonable.
Agreed. Especially since we've basically been announcing ourselves around the galaxy for the last 90 years. Every radio transmission since that very first Morse code went over the air in 1920 is out there in space. And we also set off a couple of atom bombs. So you'd think that eventually, some advanced civilization is going to get curious.

Hopefully, of course, their curiosity is more oriented towards science than conquest. Otherwise, things aren't going to be looking good...

Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,448 times
I saw a weird light flash across the sky ten years ago over a field that is now a bunch of suburban houses. It could have been a strobe light but it looked too solid to me!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,561 times
Around midnight the night of July 3rd/July 4th 2002, I was driving west on Highway 36 in the Colorado mountains, between Lyons and Pinewood Springs, heading to my home in Estes Park, when my left side peripheral vision picked up something large above my car on the south side of the highway. Except for a few scattered houses at a distance, this is a rural area without street lights. The highway is pitch black.

It may have taken 5 minutes for me to fully discern that there was something unusual in my line of vision in the upper part of the windshield. Only a small part of "it" was visible from the view from the driver's side. What finally grabbed my attention was the rotating motion and the red and green lights. "It" was flying 30-40 feet above my car, at the same speed I was driving, following me up the canyon. Mind you, I was stone cold sober and not on drugs.

I slowed down to give "it" my full attention...it appeared to be a round flying/hovering object with volume the size of a helicopter - covered with small red and green lights...it was...v-e-r-y...s-l-o-w-l-y...rotating. As soon as I went down into Pinewood, the object may have been unable to follow me so closely because there are overhead power lines as the highway descends into Pinewood. This entire incident lasted less than 10 minutes from the time I was barely aware of it until I decided to get the heck outta there. I had slowed to 5-10 mph to get a better look to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me. They weren't. I didn't completely stop or get out of my car. The road is very twisty-turny so trying to track this thing and drive at the same time was not an easy job.

I've checked some reference materials to see if "it" was sighted by anyone else on this date and there have been no other reports. Driving into Pinewood, fascination turned to concern, because I realized this wasn't my imagination. Tiired and not in the mood to find out any more about this "thing" above me. I began driving the speed limit, and faster, to get some distance from "it", and stopped looking at it. I made it home to Estes Park without being abducted or probed.

After a lifetime of camping and being outdoors at night, this is the first and only time I've seen anything like this. I (((kinda))) wish I'd allowed my curiosity to direct me that night....but maybe not!

Last edited by 'M'; 08-14-2012 at 08:56 AM..

Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM

112 posts, read 177,380 times
Never seem them but I think they, "UFOs" exist. As to who or what the pilots are, well, I'd rather go down that path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal