Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,941,830 times

Advertisements

Here is my experience. I do not believe in ghosts and have never seen one. A few years ago I went on a business trip in late October to Ottawa, Canada. A very gothic looking city and can be gloomy in fall and Harry Potterish especially around Parliament where I was going to be. I decided to stay at the Chateau. A great hotel but sedate it seemed like just the ticket for me. I knew nothing about it or the history only that it was a grand Canadian hotel. I received my room assignment and as I was walking down the long corridor I looked at the wall lined with lighted sconces and had a very eerie feeling. I passed it out of my mind. I got to my room and had some time to kill there. I began feeling kind of depressed and out of sorts. I felt like I was in a very remote place set away from other people. Nevertheless I left my room and went about my business and returned. I went to bed. In the middle of the night I was awakened by the distict feeling that someone was sitting on my bed. Of course I got very scared. I actually felt them sit on the bed. (I am a light sleeper). I looked and of course there was nobody there. At the same time, I felt a kind of energy draining into the bed and disappear. This took seconds. There was nobody there. I said nothing and passed it out of my mind then. I explored the hotel and noted its great history. I vowed that I would do some research on it when I returned home. I googled the Chateau on the internet and it said it was totally haunted. I feel that what happened that day might have been a spirit. It was so distinctive I will never forget the feeling but there was nothing there. I returned to the lovely city of Ottawa again a number of times. I never stayed at the Chateau again, being too scared and went to the Minto Suites instead which is newer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
My fiancee and I took the "ghost walk" in Ottawa in Setember 2010 and the tour guide said the Chateau Laurier is completely haunted. I believe he said the 14th (?) floor was where most of the activity happens. I'll ask my fiancee if she remembers what the tour guide said.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:43 PM

I wish I could know what floor I was on but I do not remember. I did not know it was haunted before going there, but now I really do believe. There is something happening there. I'd never stay there alone.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
I don't know about the Chateau Laurier but we have a similar place here in Colorado.

Did you ever watch "the Shining"? The hotel they filmed the movie in is up in Estes Park. It's such a beautiful place and so very, very haunted.

For some reason, the name totally escapes me. i'll get back to you when I remember it. Until then, i'll read up on the Chateau.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:08 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,867 times
PamelaBeurman, are you thinking of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO?

Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
I stated in another thread that I`m really on the fence as far as believing. So I don`t discount ghost stories at all. But we are all scared of ghost or the thought of them. So my question is why? Has anyone ever been killed or hurt by a ghost? All of the stories I hear about ghost is them knocking stuff over, closing doors, people feeling a presence. But I have never heard of anyone really getting hurt? So why are they here and why would they be interested in this physical world if they are no longer physical?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:08 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
PamelaBeurman, are you thinking of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO?
Yes! Thank you.

I feel like such a dingbat, I live less than 100 miles away from it.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM

I do not believe in them and have never actually seen once. But there was something going on at that hotel. I will admit if I saw one I would be really scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal