Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM

224 posts, read 689,869 times

Advertisements

The hubby and I watched the movie Paranormal Activity last night. If you have seen it, then you know it is not all that scary. One thing about the movie that weirds us out though is how the setting seems so realistic. I'm not saying something like that could really happen. I just wanted to get other people's opinions on what could really happen and what would not. What I mean is, you always hear the saying, "Be careful not to open spiritual doors." I've heard something as simple as reading a certain book or speaking a certain word can open those types of doors. What do you think people do that causes spiritual doors to be open. For that matter, how does a person keep spiritual doors closed? Also, if you have seen the movie, what parts of the movie could you see happening in real life? and what parts could you see as not happening in real life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,185,985 times
I saw the movie last weekend after laughing about it with friends and family - you're right, it wasn't scary - especially with a theatre full of people. Perhaps as a home video in a dark room.

As far as paranormal activity in real life, the overcoming believer isn't bothered by it. I recall the story of the woman who awoke from sleep in the middle of the night, only to find Satan sitting at the foot of her bed.

"Oh, it's just you..."

And she rolled over and went back to sleep. The fact is, darkness can only feed on the carnal nature. The Spirit of God knows no fear.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,664 times
That was the dumbest movie that I have seen. I really didn't like or care for it. It seems like a big waste of time. The setting was realistic because that was the setting that they were aiming for.

I think the movie is horrible, but I do believe in spiritual things.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:52 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,348,163 times
While I don't know any of them, nor care to, there are phrases that can supposedly open doors to allow demons in. The bible warns against this type of practice. Ouija boards, satanic music and seances are other ways you can open doors. Hopefully, you're just curious and don't plan to try any of this. The bible refers to the spiritual world and it can be rather frightening.

You can keep the doors closed simply by not messing around trying to communicate with "the other side". There was even a documented case in New England where a kid was fooling around in a cemetary with dowsing rods trying to find a "ghost" and became possesed by a violent demon.

Have not seen the movie and based on what my buddy Miss Shawn and elmer have to say, I'll probably skip it.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:00 PM

224 posts, read 689,869 times
you aren't missing much anyway, eheh... and no, I don't plan on trying any of that stuff, yikes!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,348,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
you aren't missing much anyway, eheh... and no, I don't plan on trying any of that stuff, yikes!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,886 times
It's stupid. People don't waste your time. Pray instead.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
I didn't find any of it scary. I found it a bit creepy. I went to see it with the girl I'm dating, and told her that if she stood at the end of the bed for hours just staring at me, we would be over, end of discussion.

The footsteps I've heard before. Doors opening, thats normal. Bumps in the night, normal.

Possession, not normal. Burning wiji boards, not normal. Throwing someone across the room twice the size of you, not normal.

But the most realistic part of this movie, When giving a boyfreind a camera in the bedroom, we are going to try and make a home movie

Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
I've heard something as simple as reading a certain book or speaking a certain word can open those types of doors. What do you think people do that causes spiritual doors to be open. For that matter, how does a person keep spiritual doors closed?
There is no such thing as a "spiritual door". It's all in your imagination. You could dance naked on top of a ouija board under the full moon on Friday the 13th, while wearing dead chickens, slaughtering black cats, breaking mirrors, and chanting from the Necronomicon and it wouldn't do a thing other than maybe get you arrested and in need of a shower.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:39 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,928 times
I tried a ouji board once... homemade and specially blessed by a Wiccan witch and all that.

The next thing I remember I was wandering the streets of the neighborhood with no idea where I was. It took me an hour to find my way home.*

True story!

*I was also three-sheets-to-the-wind drunk on schnapps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal