Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 01:17 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Hullo, Dave!

Hello, Brit chat group, mind if a yank asks a question? Is it true the recent Brexit events has affected people's pensions? That would be not only scary for me, but horrifying! Not to mention making me mad as h3ll.
Hiya red......... Great to see you here! It will affect people who live abroad like Spain for instance. Their pensions will be converted to euros, so lower pound, against euro, less euros pension when they draw money at the bank.

It won't affect folks here in England. Well, not until prices go up on imported goods. Hopefully, in the end, it'll be worth it. Only time will tell on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
😂😂😂😂

Techno by any chance?

best laugh of the day
Have they changed the name from technic to techno?

Old 07-11-2016, 01:19 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,070,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Did someone mention techno!!?

Are we talking House, HardCore, Acid, Trance, Speed Garage, or some good old Drum 'n' Bass?

Where's the rave then?
You should have been a bit older in the 90s! When I was living in Plymouth, there was a very notorious street (Union Street - Big Paul would know), crammed full of nightclubs with all of that going on.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Did someone mention techno!!?

Are we talking House, HardCore, Acid, Trance, Speed Garage, or some good old Drum 'n' Bass?

Where's the rave then?
I've never heard of any of those types of music......... What happened to pop?........

Old 07-11-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I've never heard of any of those types of music......... What happened to pop?........
What music was in your day?

Old 07-11-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Lol, I'm sure it won't kill you! You need to sort your cupboards out now and again though!
I've just done it....... Gordon Bennett, I found a container of proper Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate. Use by 2007.... It was stuck at the back of a top cupboard. Judy's excuse....... "I can't reach to the back of that cupboard. I'm too short."........hmmmmmm......

I'm drinking a bacardi and coke to kill those bad drinking chocolate germs. Mebbe another will be needed to make sure.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:27 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,557,026 times
Quote:
I mentioned your hot chocolate to Judy, Star........ "oh" she said, "I have some sachets of Cadbury's chocolate in the kitchen cupboard David...... go make a couple." So I did. I drank mine, then Judy started on hers. "This tastes a bit funny to me David...... go and check the use by date on the sachets." So I did. 'Use by October 2013'..........
LOL, that is too funny.

Quote:

I can hear Dave's answer already. <pulls up his pants up over his belly button> Why in my day, we had REAL music! Hmmphhhh

Old 07-11-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I've just done it....... Gordon Bennett, I found a container of proper Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate. Use by 2007.... It was stuck at the back of a top cupboard. Judy's excuse....... "I can't reach to the back of that cupboard. I'm too short."........hmmmmmm......
OMG, that's my excuse too! I have to drag a chair around the kitchen, to stand on, to reach the top of the cupboards. It's a tough life, being a short lady. 2007 though!!

Old 07-11-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Well....... you know...... Tamla Motown, The Beatles, The Stones, Jimi Hendrix..... that sort of thing. In my prime disco ruled........ boy, I sure wanted a white suit.......

Old 07-11-2016, 01:29 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,120,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
LOL, that is too funny.

I can hear Dave's answer already. <pulls up his pants over his belly button> Why in my day, we had REAL music! Hmmphhhh
I dread to think! Are we talking those old 78s things that you had to put on a gramophone and wind up with a crank ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom