Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 03:16 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,463,184 times

Advertisements

I have just seen Corbyn quoted as "being proud to carry on." Wow....... this is getting crazy now. This man must have grown up loving the Labour party, and eventually, many decades ago, becoming an MP. He must be able to see carrying on, could destroy his party, as he has known it.

He seems quite willing to do this. If he wins a vote, to remain leader, then the party could end up fragmenting. Just before a possible general election. They could end up losing many MPs. This is starting to move beyond a farce, into a tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 06:47 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,575,281 times
Corbyn got lucky!!

He's got a weak competitor.

Corbyn to face Labour leadership challenge from Angela Eagle - BBC News

Old 06-30-2016, 12:40 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,716,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
It doesn't make any difference who runs against him, Corbyn is finished. The majority of Labour MP's will not support him because he is destroying the Labour party.

Any politician with an iota of self respect would have stepped down after losing that no-confidence vote. 80% of his fellow MP's say that he's not up to the job, and I think that after watching Corbyns remain campaign performances, to say that he's incompetent is an understatement.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:05 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,130,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
It doesn't make any difference who runs against him, Corbyn is finished. The majority of Labour MP's will not support him because he is destroying the Labour party.

Any politician with an iota of self respect would have stepped down after losing that no-confidence vote. 80% of his fellow MP's say that he's not up to the job, and I think that after watching Corbyns remain campaign performances, to say that he's incompetent is an understatement.
Trouble is, is there anyone in the Labour camp that could ignite the Party as realistic challengers to the Tories in the next election?

Most politicians are career politicians, more concerned about absolute power than the will of the people. Corbyn was just too extreme to be considered to have any appeal on either wing of the Party. But who else is there? And should candidates be judged on personality/charisma or ethics and getting the job done for the benefit of all!?

Old 06-30-2016, 01:33 AM

I believe Eagle is just a stalking horse, I think Dan Jarvis would be a good choice. If Corbyn remains as the Labour leader, then you know as well as I do Zola that Labour doesn't have a hope in hell of winning the next election.

People (the sane ones) will not vote For a Marxist pacifist, who believes that if this country is attacked, we should all drop our pants and bend over. Cameron at PMQT yesterday was spot on when he said to Corbyn " it would be great for the Conservatives to have Corbyn as leader of the opposition, but in the national interest for Gods sake man go!"

Old 06-30-2016, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I believe Eagle is just a stalking horse, I think Dan Jarvis would be a good choice. If Corbyn remains as the Labour leader, then you know as well as I do Zola that Labour doesn't have a hope in hell of winning the next election.

People (the sane ones) will not vote For a Marxist pacifist, who believes that if this country is attacked, we should all drop our pants and bend over. Cameron at PMQT yesterday was spot on when he said to Corbyn " it would be great for the Conservatives to have Corbyn as leader of the opposition, but in the national interest for Gods sake man go!"
What Cameron said was right. It is in the Conservative interest for Corbyn to stay. But, even they realize a genuine opposition is needed. What is happening now to the Labour party is not good for politics in general. This man is going to destroy the Labour party as we know it. The kiddies who have joined the Labour party for a pittance will vote for him again.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:21 AM

18,597 posts, read 18,889,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I have just seen Corbyn quoted as "being proud to carry on." Wow....... this is getting crazy now. This man must have grown up loving the Labour party, and eventually, many decades ago, becoming an MP. He must be able to see carrying on, could destroy his party, as he has known it.

He seems quite willing to do this. If he wins a vote, to remain leader, then the party could end up fragmenting. Just before a possible general election. They could end up losing many MPs. This is starting to move beyond a farce, into a tragedy.
I think it was pushed into him from an early age but he came from the big house with parents with great jobs. he wanted for nothing.. in many ways he means well but his loyalties are with the wrong people..morning Dave morning all.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I think it was pushed into him from an early age but he came from the big house with parents with great jobs. he wanted for nothing.. in many ways he means well but his loyalties are with the wrong people..morning Dave morning all.
Morning dizzy. Yep, he is probably a very nice man in real life. But, he is blinded to the consequences for the Labour party,of his remaining as leader. It is quite astonishing to watch this all unfold.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
What Cameron said was right. It is in the Conservative interest for Corbyn to stay. But, even they realize a genuine opposition is needed. What is happening now to the Labour party is not good for politics in general. This man is going to destroy the Labour party as we know it. The kiddies who have joined the Labour party for a pittance will vote for him again.
When you look at Corbyns upbringing it's easy to understand why he is what he is. His brother Piers is an outspoken climate change denier. Corbyn and his brother were raised in a seven bedroom manor house by parents who were life long marxist activists. So you could say that they had been conditioned from a very young age by their parents.

To give you an example of Jeremy's upbringing, he was given a copy of essays by George Orwell for his 16th birthday & by the age of 17 was a member of the Labour party, pretty strange for a young boy wouldn't you say?

Here's another nugget, he split with one of his wives because she wanted to send their son Ben to a grammar school, Corbyn had wanted his son to go to a comprehensive. Corbyn himself had attended a Grammar school and was an academic failure with only two E grade A levels.

His parents wanted him to have further education at a polytechnic but Jeremy didn't last a term, he kept arguing with his tutors, which is not surprising when you have been brought up by your parents to protest, and he is still protesting. He is a street politician.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:50 AM

Quote:
When you look at Corbyns upbringing it's easy to understand why he is what he is. His brother Piers is an outspoken climate change denier. Corbyn and his brother were raised in a seven bedroom manor house by parents who were life long marxist activists. So you could say that they had been conditioned from a very young age by their parents.

To give you an example of Jeremy's upbringing, he was given a copy of essays by George Orwell for his 16th birthday & by the age of 17 was a member of the Labour party, pretty strange for a young boy wouldn't you say?

Here's another nugget, he split with one of his wives because she wanted to send their son Ben to a grammar school, Corbyn had wanted his son to go to a comprehensive. Corbyn himself had attended a Grammar school and was an academic failure with only two E grade A levels.

His parents wanted him to have further education at a polytechnic but Jeremy didn't last a term, he kept arguing with his tutors, which is not surprising when you have been brought up by your parents to protest, and he is still protesting. He is a street politician.
Thanks albion. I know next to nothing about the background of this man. That is really interesting. Yet, really, Labour MPs have brought this on themselves. The group who put him forward as a candidate are responsible for this. I would think some of them chuckled as they did it. Boy...... isn't this a laugh. Never dreaming he would win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom