Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 02:18 PM

18,576 posts, read 18,881,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
If they can keep them on long enough!
Im saying nothing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 04:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,129,759 times
So the new PM is still shaping her new government administration, this time with her junior ministers. I don't really know what "junior" ministers actually do? I could Google it I suppose, but I suspect it's just another layer of ministerial bureaucracy.

It's kind of interesting that despite the massive cuts in the public sector and civil service, there still seems to be hundreds of peers, lords, dames, MPs and of course Ministers dictating to others how these cuts are necessary while not paying much attention to their own workforce budgets

Old 07-16-2016, 08:13 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,873,214 times
Austerity is only for the masses.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:42 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...f-conservatism

Seems like May wants to introduce a form of Mayism, and move the party to the centre, trying to appeal to the lower-middle class/upper working classes; while at the same time trying to appease the "ordinary" working class with new policies over immigration and border controls - which in my way of thinking pushes the party out to the right!

Just like the shambles going on over across the Floor, both parties seem to be struggling for a new identity both to placate its respective MPs, ministers and grassroots activists;along with the voters and waiverers out there in the marginal constituencies.

I guess to most ordinary people May will be seen as just another Conservative - protecting the rich, the influential and the powerful, while chipping away at the poor and impoverished again and again.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:42 AM

Theresa May does not intend to trigger article 50 this year, court told | Politics | The Guardian

Those Brexit supporters hoping May would invoke Article 50 any time soon, will be disappointed to know this is unlikely to happen until 2017 at the earliest.

This is due to the various legal challenges by various bodies suggesting the Referendum is not legally binding, but only advisory.

As a consequence, until the challenges are ratified and judged, Article 50 will be delayed. And could in theory be dismissed completely should any of these challenges go against the Government.

So for the Bremainers, there is still some hope the Referendum vote will be quashed.

A very slim hope perhaps, but hope nonetheless.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:49 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,580,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Theresa May does not intend to trigger article 50 this year, court told | Politics | The Guardian

Those Brexit supporters hoping May would invoke Article 50 any time soon, will be disappointed to know this is unlikely to happen until 2017 at the earliest.

This is due to the various legal challenges by various bodies suggesting the Referendum is not legally binding, but only advisory.

As a consequence, until the challenges are ratified and judged, Article 50 will be delayed. And could in theory be dismissed completely should any of these challenges go against the Government.

So for the Bremainers, there is still some hope the Referendum vote will be quashed.

A very slim hope perhaps, but hope nonetheless.
As long as it does happen that's all that matters we knew it wouldn't be overnight and would take a year or 2 to sort out.

She's said " Brexit means Brexit " so that's good enough for me

Old 07-19-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
As long as it does happen that's all that matters we knew it wouldn't be overnight and would take a year or 2 to sort out.

She's said " Brexit means Brexit " so that's good enough for me
But that's one of the things that is being challenged! Does she have the right to Invoke A50, or Parliament?

Old 07-19-2016, 06:15 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,580,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
But that's one of the things that is being challenged! Does she have the right to Invoke A50, or Parliament?
Well I'm not sure if honest.....

But that's one of her main slogans saying its final.... So based on that I'm guessing it's her choice...

Infact that's a good question my love!! Hopefully others can answer that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom