Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 07:13 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
If AmaroW is a 'French economist' and 'central banker' then I am the Pope of Rome!
Alternatively, it could explain why Paris remains a very provincial financial centre when compared to London or even Frankfurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:53 AM

275 posts, read 185,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
My impression is that while there have been a few notable recent attacks, the media is embellishing it in order to craft a narrative that fits their social & political agenda.
I didn't hear of many 16 yo beaten to death a Polish for being Polish before Brexit.
The police report shows an increase of 49% from last year on hate crimes, I guess all the wife beaters in the U.K are darn busy.
And then the denial...it's like an alcoholic who denies having a drinking problem. As I said there is an element in the U.K. society who thinks Brexit backs up theirs racist views showing their true colors. I don't say it's all the country though but the increase is there. I hear it from foreigners living in the U.K. and now the actual police reports.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:31 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
I didn't hear of many 16 yo beaten to death a Polish for being Polish before Brexit.
The police report shows an increase of 49% from last year on hate crimes, I guess all the wife beaters in the U.K are darn busy.
And then the denial...it's like an alcoholic who denies having a drinking problem. As I said there is an element in the U.K. society who thinks Brexit backs up theirs racist views showing their true colors. I don't say it's all the country though but the increase is there. I hear it from foreigners living in the U.K. and now the actual police reports.
The horror...... the horror........ there aren't enough boats and planes to take back the massive lines of frightened people to their own countries. Sheer terror....... Gimme a break.......

This time next year, we will have reports that immigration has fallen dramatically, for sure huh? Surely no one will want to come to a country filled with such hate?

We are fed up of hearing nonsense. I wonder if those thousands in Calais, trying to get on trucks and trains to illegally enter my country will have disappeared by now huh?

So what's your answer then Nam? We keep letting my country be flooded with immigrants? When will enough be enough? When the British people are a minority in their own country? Will that be enough for you?

Old 10-05-2016, 08:49 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
.........., indeed 37% of cities such as London are made up of people born outside the UK, ...........
If 37% of the population is foreign born, then some of those 37% statistically are going to be victims of crimes. It's not like 37% of the population is going to be exempt from the sort of crime that happens in big cities. I suspect that on the same day a polish immigrant is beaten up that a white resident is also getting himself beat up. It's just that the press doesn't report both attacks.

When a Polish (or Muslim or whatever) person is a victim of a crime committed by a native born Brit, another is going to be a victim of a similar crime committed by a different immigrant, maybe his race maybe another race. The press doesn't report both crimes, just the one that suits their agenda to try to stir up drama.

What's the population of London? 37% of that number is a lot of people and some of them are going to be the victims of violent crime.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
If 37% of the population is foreign born, then some of those 37% statistically are going to be victims of crimes. It's not like 37% of the population is going to be exempt from the sort of crime that happens in big cities. I suspect that on the same day a polish immigrant is beaten up that a white resident is also getting himself beat up. It's just that the press doesn't report both attacks.

When a Polish (or Muslim or whatever) person is a victim of a crime committed by a native born Brit, another is going to be a victim of a similar crime committed by a different immigrant, maybe his race maybe another race. The press doesn't report both crimes, just the one that suits their agenda to try to stir up drama.

What's the population of London? 37% of that number is a lot of people and some of them are going to be the victims of violent crime.
Exactly. Our jails have thousands of foreign born criminals in them. What are they all in jail for? Jaywalking?

Old 10-05-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The horror...... the horror........ there aren't enough boats and planes to take back the massive lines of frightened people to their own countries. Sheer terror....... Gimme a break.......

This time next year, we will have reports that immigration has fallen dramatically, for sure huh? Surely no one will want to come to a country filled with such hate?

We are fed up of hearing nonsense. I wonder if those thousands in Calais, trying to get on trucks and trains to illegally enter my country will have disappeared by now huh?

So what's your answer then Nam? We keep letting my country be flooded with immigrants? When will enough be enough? When the British people are a minority in their own country? Will that be enough for you?
Brexit and all type of barriers for legal immigration has no impact on illegal immigration (as seen in the US), however it does and will have an impact on legal immigration of the type most countries want. Keep shooting yourselves on your feet.

World's best students are turning their backs on Britain - Aug. 25, 2016

Old 10-05-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Brexit and all type of barriers for legal immigration has no impact on illegal immigration (as seen in the US), however it does and will have an impact on legal immigration of the type most countries want. Keep shooting yourselves on your feet.

World's best students are turning their backs on Britain - Aug. 25, 2016
You didn't answer my question. Should massive immigration continue until the British people are a minority in their own country? We live on an island, and it should be easier to control immigration than countries in Europe.

What's your answer? Hold up our hands and surrender? There are ways to control immigration, if we chose to get tough.

We have many thousands here who burned their passports, and refuse to say where their country of origin is. They're laughing in our faces. You think we should allow them to stay? Then let them bleat they want their families to join them here?

I tell you what we do. We find a corrupt country somewhere. Maybe in Africa. We pay them to take illegal immigrants who refuse to say where they come from. We then fly them there, and dump them.

How long do you think it will take for illegal immigrants to suddenly remember their country of origin? We are fed up of being taken for fools.

It's time to clean house, before it's too late.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Should massive immigration continue until the British people are a minority in their own country? We live on an island, and it should be easier to control immigration than countries in Europe.

What's your answer? Hold up our hands and surrender? There are ways to control immigration, if we chose to get tough.

We have many thousands here who burned their passports, and refuse to say where their country of origin is. They're laughing in our faces. You think we should allow them to stay? Then let them bleat they want their families to join them here?

I tell you what we do. We find a corrupt country somewhere. Maybe in Africa. We pay them to take illegal immigrants who refuse to say where they come from. We then fly them there, and dump them.

How long do you think it will take for illegal immigrants to suddenly remember their country of origin? We are fed up of being taken for fools.

It's time to clean house, before it's too late.
TBH now the U.K. is on its own. You figure it out. Illegal immigration has never been related to the EU except for France being a buffer (not anymore though). You already have the laws and power as sovereign country (in or out of the EU) to get rid of them if you want it.
The approach of reducing the immigration which actually helps your economy won't solve the illegal problems.
And after reading all the tories convention nonsense (and I have never been a labor cheerleader)...wow I would pay good money for the NHS EU workers to all up and leave at once.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
TBH now the U.K. is on its own. You figure it out. Illegal immigration has never been related to the EU except for France being a buffer (not anymore though). You already have the laws and power as sovereign country (in or out of the EU) to get rid of them if you want it.
The approach of reducing the immigration which actually helps your economy won't solve the illegal problems.
And after reading all the tories convention nonsense (and I have never been a labor cheerleader)...wow I would pay good money for the NHS EU workers to all up and leave at once.
We don't want to get rid of people who work hard in our country. We want rid of criminals, and spongers. What's wrong with that? Nice to hear you wish us ill will concerning workers in the NHS.

I am glad to hear we plan to increase the amount of people in training to become home grown doctors. It's never been right taking doctors and nurses from countries that cannot afford to lose them.

We now have to prepare our people to negotiate with the EU, then hand in our notice to leave. It will be a rocky road, but we must be steadfast, and know this has to be done.

Foreigners living in my country need to have jobs, and contribute to the economy. We have to try and help young white males who have been neglected for decades. They are the least likely to go to university. We need to think about our own people, and find a way to build enough homes for the demand. It's no good doing this, if such work only attracts even more foreigners.

The lie that there is a massive increase in violence against immigrants needs to be addressed. The methods used to silence unrest among the British people will not work anymore. We are sick of being treated as second class citizens in our own country.

We want change, and a government that is concerned with the British people first and foremost. I should think this goes without saying in countries like Poland and Bulgaria. All I want is the same for my people here in the country of my birth.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:20 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,938 times
Quote:
We don't want to get rid of people who work hard in our country. We want rid of criminals, and spongers. What's wrong with that? Nice to hear you wish us ill will concerning workers in the NHS.

I am glad to hear we plan to increase the amount of people in training to become home grown doctors. It's never been right taking doctors and nurses from countries that cannot afford to lose them.

We now have to prepare our people to negotiate with the EU, then hand in our notice to leave. It will be a rocky road, but we must be steadfast, and know this has to be done.

Foreigners living in my country need to have jobs, and contribute to the economy. We have to try and help young white males who have been neglected for decades. They are the least likely to go to university. We need to think about our own people, and find a way to build enough homes for the demand. It's no good doing this, if such work only attracts even more foreigners.

The lie that there is a massive increase in violence against immigrants needs to be addressed. The methods used to silence unrest among the British people will not work anymore. We are sick of being treated as second class citizens in our own country.

We want change, and a government that is concerned with the British people first and foremost. I should think this goes without saying in countries like Poland and Bulgaria. All I want is the same for my people here in the country of my birth.
It goes on and on and on. Hard Brexit, soft Brexit. Lies about about violence against immigrants. We want our sovereignty back and what's best for the UK. Let's build homes and get jobs for British people. Don't need Germans and French interfere with our laws. Our economy may suffer for a while but we will make it. We just want free trade with everybody on our terms. Don't these foreigners know and understand who they are dealing with. We only want good hard working immigrants and no criminals. (how can you tell?) The beat goes on and on. Relax Dave I am not ranting and raving at you in particular and Brits in general.

You people are so damn stubborn. I may have told you that my wife is a Brit, and after 50 years of marriage that stubborn streak is still there. However. with a little effort a German and a Brit made it work.

Now about this Brexit business. I am going to back off, read and listen and hope it works out well for both the UK and the EU. Going forward I will do my best to make only constructive comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom