Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 08:38 PM

1,529 posts, read 915,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
For your information there was a financial krach in 2011 (from July to November) after US QE2 ended!
Krach. You speak german? Another tidbit to be added to you dossier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 12:19 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
It goes on and on and on. Hard Brexit, soft Brexit. Lies about about violence against immigrants. We want our sovereignty back and what's best for the UK. Let's build homes and get jobs for British people. Don't need Germans and French interfere with our laws. Our economy may suffer for a while but we will make it. We just want free trade with everybody on our terms. Don't these foreigners know and understand who they are dealing with. We only want good hard working immigrants and no criminals. (how can you tell?) The beat goes on and on. Relax Dave I am not ranting and raving at you in particular and Brits in general.

You people are so damn stubborn. I may have told you that my wife is a Brit, and after 50 years of marriage that stubborn streak is still there. However. with a little effort a German and a Brit made it work.

Now about this Brexit business. I am going to back off, read and listen and hope it works out well for both the UK and the EU. Going forward I will do my best to make only constructive comments.
Being married to a Brit gives you great advantage in knowing what makes us tick......... You're right we're stubborn, and we don't like being told what to do...... especially by foreigners. We have always caused problems within the EU, and should never have joined it in the first place.

I understand the thinking behind it. It was formed by countries sick of war, and wanting to find a way to cooperate with each other, and trade in peace. Nothing wrong with that, and I understand. But we are an island race, and we have always been suspicious of Germany, and don't trust the French as far as we can throw them.

We have watched the Germans and French cozy up together for decades dictating the direction the EU is taking. It wasn't going too badly until the EU was extended to include lots of poor eastern European countries. Within a short time, about 800,000 Poles came to live here, followed by many others from countries like Bulgaria. Our government predicted about 10,000 Poles would come.

We took a deep breath, and listened to the soothing words coming from the Government. 'These are young people here to work. They contribute to our economy, paying taxes.....' Then we hear about many of them taking low paying jobs, and claiming things like tax credits, and family allowance for children not even living in my country. We hear of teams of Bulgarian and Romanian gypsies working as pickpocket gangs especially in London.

So, we start to think, if many of these people work in minimum wage jobs, and are claiming more back through things like tax credits, than what they are paying in tax, then what is the so called benefit from them invading my country? Besides those problems, they also use our NHS, and live in scarce housing, once again claiming things like housing benefit. I don't see what they actually bring to the table except forcing down already low wages for those at the bottom of the pile in this country.

We don't like being taken for fools. Not by government, and not by foreigners. The resentment grew, and UKIP grew in popularity. The establishment laughed at Nigel Farage, until his little political party started taking votes from the Tories. They started to worry, then came up with a brainwave. We'll give 'em a vote on EU membership! That'll shut 'em up!! But we'll make sure the Outers can't win by giving the vote to over a million non British people, and loads who have left the country to live abroad.

Well, me and millions of others, who had given up hope for the future of this country, somehow raised ourselves, and won the vote. Some go on about how close it was. Take away over one million votes given to Commonwealth citizens, Irish citizens, and selfish Brits living abroad, concerned only with their own situations, and then, well........ we won easily.

Theresa May knows full well just how difficult it was for us wanting to leave the EU to win. She knows how the vote was stacked to make sure we lost. Somehow, against the odds we won. She knows better than to try and force another vote like the Labour party want. At last the anger under the surface has been recognised. What comes next who knows? All I care about is we're leaving the EU. I don't see any race to the exit door from the millions of foreigners living in my country do you? Talk of violence against foreigners is mainly paper talk, and talking heads filling time on television. This is not Nazi Germany in 1933. The British are mainly a race of good people, we are tolerant and good hearted. Many in Europe don't like us...... well, the feeling is mutual. They want to try and make our leaving the EU difficult? Bring it on, we're ready.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:37 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Being married to a Brit gives you great advantage in knowing what makes us tick......... You're right we're stubborn, and we don't like being told what to do...... especially by foreigners. We have always caused problems within the EU, and should never have joined it in the first place.

I understand the thinking behind it. It was formed by countries sick of war, and wanting to find a way to cooperate with each other, and trade in peace. Nothing wrong with that, and I understand. But we are an island race, and we have always been suspicious of Germany, and don't trust the French as far as we can throw them.

We have watched the Germans and French cozy up together for decades dictating the direction the EU is taking. It wasn't going too badly until the EU was extended to include lots of poor eastern European countries. Within a short time, about 800,000 Poles came to live here, followed by many others from countries like Bulgaria. Our government predicted about 10,000 Poles would come.

We took a deep breath, and listened to the soothing words coming from the Government. 'These are young people here to work. They contribute to our economy, paying taxes.....' Then we hear about many of them taking low paying jobs, and claiming things like tax credits, and family allowance for children not even living in my country. We hear of teams of Bulgarian and Romanian gypsies working as pickpocket gangs especially in London.

So, we start to think, if many of these people work in minimum wage jobs, and are claiming more back through things like tax credits, than what they are paying in tax, then what is the so called benefit from them invading my country? Besides those problems, they also use our NHS, and live in scarce housing, once again claiming things like housing benefit. I don't see what they actually bring to the table except forcing down already low wages for those at the bottom of the pile in this country.

We don't like being taken for fools. Not by government, and not by foreigners. The resentment grew, and UKIP grew in popularity. The establishment laughed at Nigel Farage, until his little political party started taking votes from the Tories. They started to worry, then came up with a brainwave. We'll give 'em a vote on EU membership! That'll shut 'em up!! But we'll make sure the Outers can't win by giving the vote to over a million non British people, and loads who have left the country to live abroad.

Well, me and millions of others, who had given up hope for the future of this country, somehow raised ourselves, and won the vote. Some go on about how close it was. Take away over one million votes given to Commonwealth citizens, Irish citizens, and selfish Brits living abroad, concerned only with their own situations, and then, well........ we won easily.

Theresa May knows full well just how difficult it was for us wanting to leave the EU to win. She knows how the vote was stacked to make sure we lost. Somehow, against the odds we won. She knows better than to try and force another vote like the Labour party want. At last the anger under the surface has been recognised. What comes next who knows? All I care about is we're leaving the EU. I don't see any race to the exit door from the millions of foreigners living in my country do you? Talk of violence against foreigners is mainly paper talk, and talking heads filling time on television. This is not Nazi Germany in 1933. The British are mainly a race of good people, we are tolerant and good hearted. Many in Europe don't like us...... well, the feeling is mutual. They want to try and make our leaving the EU difficult? Bring it on, we're ready.
your right, they do the lower paid jobs where they dont need to pay tax so what goes back into the economy.....nothing.... down my way you have never seen so many young ladies with lovely big prams... all from other countries who can hardly speak a word of English in fact at the park on Glasgow Green with their kids they all sit talking Polish together.. no one seems to work but thats them over here got pregnant and kept for years.. it seems to be the done thing now.. to get a house and benefits. talk about learning the ropes.. Once youve had the British child your made.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
your right, they do the lower paid jobs where they dont need to pay tax so what goes back into the economy.....nothing.... down my way you have never seen so many young ladies with lovely big prams... all from other countries who can hardly speak a word of English in fact at the park on Glasgow Green with their kids they all sit talking Polish together.. no one seems to work but thats them over here got pregnant and kept for years.. it seems to be the done thing now.. to get a house and benefits. talk about learning the ropes.. Once youve had the British child your made.
Mornin' dizzy....... You, are one of millions with eyes in your head. We hear one thing from government, and see another with our own eyes. We voted for change....... and we want it.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:23 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,019,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
TBH now the U.K. is on its own. You figure it out. Illegal immigration has never been related to the EU except for France being a buffer (not anymore though). You already have the laws and power as sovereign country (in or out of the EU) to get rid of them if you want it.
The approach of reducing the immigration which actually helps your economy won't solve the illegal problems.
And after reading all the tories convention nonsense (and I have never been a labor cheerleader)...wow I would pay good money for the NHS EU workers to all up and leave at once.
Its Labour, get it right.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:24 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,019,640 times
Quote:
It won't be long before all French are forced to speak German

Old 10-06-2016, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It won't be long before all French are forced to speak German
Yeah, it's been a while. Can't be long before the Germans go on tour again..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

Old 10-06-2016, 02:52 AM

820 posts, read 953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Alternatively, it could explain why Paris remains a very provincial financial centre when compared to London or even Frankfurt.
Mouarff, for once London has something better than Paris.

You can be proud of it haha!

But for you information there are more bankers in Paris than 1/2 population of Frankfurt and just 10% less than London!
What makes London a Big financial center is the amount of assets which are dealing there. But it does not mean that much...it is just usefull for an international ranking but useless to know if the financial sector is Big and powerfull.
Frankfurt is not a financial center...it is a Litlle town where some people are dealing with lots of assets.

Paris is the second largest City for euro clearing after London.

Now with Brexit, and if London loses EU passeports, euro clearing Will go to Paris which Will make Paris 2nd world financial sector even if it could add only 7% more financial jobs...(Thanks to just a lot of euro clearing)

Rankings are based on the Number of assets which is total nonsense. A tax haven with 3 people can rank 3rd.

You understand?

Old 10-06-2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Krach is also French for your information. Haha
It is the French IPhone spelling corrector when you write crash.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
If AmaroW is a 'French economist' and 'central banker' then I am the Pope of Rome!
I Will show you evidence of it tonight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom