Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:40 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,296,778 times

Advertisements

You know why the American Revolution was successful?

Better slogans.

Compare:

"No taxation without representation!"

"Give me liberty or give me death!"

"I have not yet begun to fight!"

to

"Hey, let's win this one for our swishy inbred monarch!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 08:43 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,463,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
You know why the American Revolution was successful?

Better slogans.

Compare:

"No taxation without representation!"

"Give me liberty or give me death!"

"I have not yet begun to fight!"

to

"Hey, let's win this one for our swishy inbred monarch!"
No more tipping! That's a winner!! The Queen is not inbred! Her husband is at least a third cousin, twice removed!!

Old 10-26-2016, 09:05 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,296,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The Queen is not inbred! Her husband is at least a third cousin, twice removed!!

OK, but the reference was to George III.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
OK, but the reference was to George III.
Well yes...... George III was a bit iffy..............

Old 10-26-2016, 09:52 AM

Plus we'll bring proper politics to America..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvIUa47x_Oc

Old 10-26-2016, 09:57 AM

19,023 posts, read 14,298,452 times
LOL - however, under the republican form of government, any sovereign American is a social equal of the Queen of England, hence she cannot rule in the states united.
. . .
“... at the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people, and they are truly the sovereigns of the country, but they are sovereigns without subjects, and have none to govern but themselves. . ."
- - - Justice John Jay, Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 U.S. 2 Dall. 419 419 (1793)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...CR_0002_0419_Z
. . .
As the vulgar taunt goes: "Lizzie, kiss my royal American [fundament]!"

Old 10-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
LOL - however, under the republican form of government, any sovereign American is a social equal of the Queen of England, hence she cannot rule in the states united.
. . .
“... at the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people, and they are truly the sovereigns of the country, but they are sovereigns without subjects, and have none to govern but themselves. . ."
- - - Justice John Jay, Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 U.S. 2 Dall. 419 419 (1793)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...CR_0002_0419_Z
. . .
As the vulgar taunt goes: "Lizzie, kiss my royal American [fundament]!"
Don't worry the Queen is gone 90 years old. You'll soon have Charlie and Camilla in charge!........not for long though, he is getting on himself. Wills and Kate take over eventually......... Now, they're popular with Americans.

This'll be a piece of cake...... like.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:06 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,346,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
We need America to continue if not just for the entertainment value.

I don't know how America is going to top the Trump v Clinton Election, talk about the rest of world ROFLing.

Although just when I thought you couldn't top Bill and his famous Cigar, you come up with George Dubya, then this.

I can only presume in the future we could have the likes of Adam Sandler (Rep) v Rob Schneider (Dem) or perhaps Kanye West (and the Kardashians), Will Smith, Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter and America First Transgender President Caitlyn Jenner .

America really does now how to keep the world entertained, although the rest of the world is very glad that we don't have to actually vote.

Still Thanks for the Laughs and God Bless America.

American Here (Texan born and bred). This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! Trust me, you guys aren't laughing at our ridiculous politics anymore than we are. BUT, we are laughing through tears of embarrassment as well as serious concern for our great country.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
American Here (Texan born and bred). This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! Trust me, you guys aren't laughing at our ridiculous politics anymore than we are. BUT, we are laughing through tears of embarrassment as well as serious concern for our great country.
It's edge of seat stuff here in England. I saw the Donald earlier this evening on the news. He's still bringing out the crowds, especially at the golf club he owns!!

Our politics are much more sedate by comparison. No private jets with 'Theresa May' painted on the side!!.............

When our leaders go too far, they walk away and quit. We don't get another election, just a new Prime Minister. You imagine President Obama making a political mistake, then quitting half way through his term! Well, that's what happens here....... you will soon get used to our way of doing things.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxtd2Mp9Rvo

Old 10-26-2016, 12:49 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,346,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
It's edge of seat stuff here in England. I saw the Donald earlier this evening on the news. He's still bringing out the crowds, especially at the golf club he owns!!

Our politics are much more sedate by comparison. No private jets with 'Theresa May' painted on the side!!.............

When our leaders go too far, they walk away and quit. We don't get another election, just a new Prime Minister. You imagine President Obama making a political mistake, then quitting half way through his term! Well, that's what happens here....... you will soon get used to our way of doing things.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxtd2Mp9Rvo

It's not just "political mistakes" being made over here, it's INSANITY!!!! Very obviously for all the world to see we have no "gentlemen nor ladies" in politics here. Trump is a disgusting disgrace and Clinton is the most corrupt person I've ever seen in my political history yet both of their supporters continue to make excuses for them.

America has over 300 million citizens and this is the best we can do???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom