Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 05:40 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,557,555 times

Advertisements

I noticed that in the 2019 Royal Household Financial Report that the Queen barely travels anymore.

The travel addendum only itemizes trips that cost £15,000 or more, so the great number of local trips using the Royal Helicopter are not itemized. Just foreign travel, charter jets domestically and trips with the royal train. The total was 34 trips for the whole year itemized.

The Queen went to Aberdeen two round trips (Aberdeen is where she flies when going to Balmoral), and she took an overnight trip with Duchess of Sussex about a month after her marriage to Liverpool, and she opened a music school about 100 miles from London. The poor sweet lady must be tired of traveling, and prefers to stay near London.

Prince Andrew, Anne Princess Royal, and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge each took two trips apiece. The Duke of Sussex went to an Air Force Base in Norway by himself, and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex went to Australia. All the other trips were Prince Charles (19 trips + one for his staff).

The most expensive trips for the Prince of Wales were
  1. £159,820 Brize Norton - Nice - Lyon - Nice- Athens - Crete – Brize Norton
  2. £216,312 Brize Norton - Banjul - Accra -Kumasi - Accra - Abuja – Brize Norton (Ghana - Africa)
  3. £416,576 Brize Norton - St Lucia – Barbados - St Vincent - Barbados - St Kitts - Barbados - Grenada - Havana -Grand Cayman –Brize Norton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 07:00 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,354 times
And the point of this is what?

Old 07-21-2019, 06:48 PM

391 posts, read 196,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
I noticed that in the 2019 Royal Household Financial Report that the Queen barely travels anymore.

The travel addendum only itemizes trips that cost £15,000 or more, so the great number of local trips using the Royal Helicopter are not itemized. Just foreign travel, charter jets domestically and trips with the royal train. The total was 34 trips for the whole year itemized.

The Queen went to Aberdeen two round trips (Aberdeen is where she flies when going to Balmoral), and she took an overnight trip with Duchess of Sussex about a month after her marriage to Liverpool, and she opened a music school about 100 miles from London. The poor sweet lady must be tired of traveling, and prefers to stay near London.

Prince Andrew, Anne Princess Royal, and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge each took two trips apiece. The Duke of Sussex went to an Air Force Base in Norway by himself, and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex went to Australia. All the other trips were Prince Charles (19 trips + one for his staff).

The most expensive trips for the Prince of Wales were
  1. £159,820 Brize Norton - Nice - Lyon - Nice- Athens - Crete – Brize Norton
  2. £216,312 Brize Norton - Banjul - Accra -Kumasi - Accra - Abuja – Brize Norton (Ghana - Africa)
  3. £416,576 Brize Norton - St Lucia – Barbados - St Vincent - Barbados - St Kitts - Barbados - Grenada - Havana -Grand Cayman –Brize Norton
I had no idea the Queen had married Liverpool. I'll bet that was a fair old knees-up!

Sorry couldn't resist. Read your swipe elsewhere at someone else for poor language choice. Goose/Gander.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:00 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMilligan's Alter Ego View Post
I had no idea the Queen had married Liverpool. I'll bet that was a fair old knees-up!

Sorry couldn't resist. Read your swipe elsewhere at someone else for poor language choice. Goose/Gander.
I thought the Duchess of Sussex married Liverpool.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:51 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,354 times
I would remind the creator of this thread what afe Her Majesty now is.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Sometimes when I am writing I accidently move blocks of text.
  • and she took an overnight trip with Duchess of Sussex about a month after her marriage to Liverpool,
  • and she took an overnight trip to Liverpool with Duchess of Sussex about a month after her marriage,

Quote:
I don't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
I would remind the creator of this thread what afe Her Majesty now is.
I am very aware of her age, and I am not being critical. It was just an observation that she mostly stays in London these days, except for her trips to Balmoral.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
Sometimes when I am writing I accidently move blocks of text.
  • and she took an overnight trip with Duchess of Sussex about a month after her marriage to Liverpool,
  • and she took an overnight trip to Liverpool with Duchess of Sussex about a month after her marriage,

I don't remember.

I am very aware of her age, and I am not being critical. It was just an observation that she mostly stays in London these days, except for her trips to Balmoral.
In Aviation someone had a typo or misspelled Virgin Atlantic, and you were dismissive.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Oh Dear! Things are worse than I imagined. Much worse....
I thought everyone knew the Duchess of Sussex had married Leeds.......

Old 07-23-2019, 06:27 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,063,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
A highly eligible city.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
In Aviation someone had a typo or misspelled Virgin Atlantic, and you were dismissive.
I thought it was a funny typo. I didn't berate him or call him stupid. I just said I had never heard of Virgin Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
And the point of this is what?
For 14 years now the Royal Household has released a public financial report. While travel is not a big expense, it has been very interesting to the public.

Prince Andrew's huge travel expenses earned him a the nickname “Air Miles Andy” some years ago. The media press certainly affected his expenses. This year he only had two trips to Bahrain and Hungary and the only expenses were on scheduled flights (as opposed to chartered jets).

In January 2007 Prince Charles leased a jet for a two day visit to NYC with a staff of 12 to pick up an award as a leading environmentalist. Critics called it eco-insanity.

Last edited by PacoMartin; 07-23-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom