Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2019, 01:02 PM

27,224 posts, read 13,514,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
It looks disgusting! I'd rather eat at McDonalds, and that's saying something since I haven't eaten their "food" in over 15 years.
The Filipinos love Jollibee, indeed when it opened in London there were people queing for over 18 hours.

Epic 18-HOUR queues as 'Asian KFC' Jollibee opens in London

Old 10-22-2019, 02:43 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,366,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
So, the ignorant bigots won that skirmish.... to the detriment of the local population.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:55 PM

26,658 posts, read 28,727,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's a parody of chicken FILLET pronounced with the French pronunciation. Not the British Fill-IT. Fast food is high in fat, sodium and calories, but they seem to be one of the lesser objectionable choices for the occasional fast food fix.

There are no political messages in their restaurants, so I don't know why even Far Left New Englanders would have a problem with them. If they did "tar and feather" them that just shows tolerance, and inclusiveness of people with other views right?
We're not too tolerant of prejudice towards others. From what I've read here, they are against gay people. That is just plain MEAN. As if a gay person can help the fact they're gay. Can't accuse us of hatred when this chick-fil-A started it first. And we wouldn't hate them, we just wouldn't stand for them, would probably boycott them.

Old 10-22-2019, 03:17 PM

“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”
https://www.boston.com/food/restaura...oston-location

Seems like there are already some of these in New England. But aside from the anti gay stance, I'm not sure I like their seemingly superior attitude towards marriage either. They don't believe in divorce? There are plenty of women, who, if they had stayed married to their first husband, would now be dead.

Most people believe in family--this place is not so special regarding that. And most people don't like divorces, but it sounds smug to brag about being married to your first wife. So they could be a wife beater but their wives are still married to them--well, that's just how it used to be. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on them, but I don't enjoy being preached at. A lot of these extremely religious people are two faced hypocrites. Anyway, maybe they'll have less trouble ooop North somewhere. (sorry, North.)

Old 10-23-2019, 08:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We're not too tolerant of prejudice towards others. From what I've read here, they are against gay people. That is just plain MEAN. As if a gay person can help the fact they're gay. Can't accuse us of hatred when this chick-fil-A started it first. And we wouldn't hate them, we just wouldn't stand for them, would probably boycott them.
Oh come on Chick Fil A as a corporation is not "against gay people." They don't discriminate at all in their practices, hiring, serving, etc. A gay person can work there or eat there with absolutely zero issues. Isn't that the point?

Old 10-23-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”
https://www.boston.com/food/restaura...oston-location

Seems like there are already some of these in New England. But aside from the anti gay stance, I'm not sure I like their seemingly superior attitude towards marriage either. They don't believe in divorce? There are plenty of women, who, if they had stayed married to their first husband, would now be dead.

Most people believe in family--this place is not so special regarding that. And most people don't like divorces, but it sounds smug to brag about being married to your first wife. So they could be a wife beater but their wives are still married to them--well, that's just how it used to be. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on them, but I don't enjoy being preached at. A lot of these extremely religious people are two faced hypocrites. Anyway, maybe they'll have less trouble ooop North somewhere. (sorry, North.)
I'm divorced and remarried and for all I know, the owner of Chick Fil A would consider me to be living in adultery. I don't care. I love their service and I like their product. And they never ask me about my marital status or sexuality when I eat there. Pretty sure they wouldn't ask if I worked there either (I know of gay people who work at Chick Fil A and have zero issues - the local press even interviewed them and obviously that wasn't detrimental to them or to Chick Fil A).

Old 10-23-2019, 08:37 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,517,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm divorced and remarried and for all I know, the owner of Chick Fil A would consider me to be living in adultery. I don't care. I love their service and I like their product. And they never ask me about my marital status or sexuality when I eat there. Pretty sure they wouldn't ask if I worked there either (I know of gay people who work at Chick Fil A and have zero issues - the local press even interviewed them and obviously that wasn't detrimental to them or to Chick Fil A).

Indeed.
It is an equal opportunity obesity provider.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Indeed.
It is an equal opportunity obesity provider.
That's for sure, lol. Okay, They can have their chick-fl-A for all I care. I'm not too sure I agree with management's philosophy but so what? If people want fried chicken in a sandwich they can have it! (how generous of me.)

Old 10-23-2019, 10:51 AM

Chick Fil A has healthy choices, for the record.

Also for the record, a person is unlikely to become obese from eating at Chick Fil A or any other fast food restaurant occasionally. It's when fast food becomes a regular thing on a person's daily or weekly list that it can lead to obesity.

One more point - there are all types of fried chicken. The thing I like about Chick Fil A's is that it doesn't have a thick, greasy crust. It's pressure cooked in 100 percent peanut oil as well and the meat is 100 percent free of any antibiotics. It's much different from say, KFC or Popeye's or other chains. It has a unique taste and texture. Once a quarter or even once a month isn't going to make a person obese.

But it IS fast food so proceed with caution!

Old 10-26-2019, 07:53 PM

43 posts, read 32,586 times
As someone who is bisexual, I feel like chiming in here.

I'll admit that I've been a regular Chick-fil-A customer for years, even if I don't buy/eat its food (or fast food in general) very often. The service is good and the food is decent for the price.

I'd be lying if I said I was enthralled with their views. Obviously, with me being the way I am, I disagree with them. However, I have a friend that's a gay male that worked for Chick-fil-A when he and I lived in Mississippi. He got great pay and benefits, and I honestly can't blame him for working there-it was a pretty positive and harmonious environment. Another friend of mine who is a fellow bisexual male like myself also worked there for some time.

My thing about Chick-fil-A isn't so much about its values, it's more about what people think of it-a lot of people seem to think it's just about the greatest thing on Earth when I see its food as little more than comfort food. If I had the choice (and money and time were no object) between eating at Chick-fil-A or a sit-down restaurant, I'd choose the sit-down restaurant-I merely see Chick-fil-A and other fast food as purely being for purposes of you're being in a hurry and you've got to get food for yourself and the family and friends that may be with you, or if you don't have much food to eat at home-that's about it. Never have I ever seen Chick-fil-A or other fast food as the epitome of fine dining, which believe it or not, I have met people that swear that it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom