Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 04:34 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times

Advertisements

Was Boris right in outing Starmer on the Saville case or should he apologise....I watched this on TV and to me Starmer was very insulting with personal insults towards Boris.... then Boris let rip about Saville.... Boris doesnt usually lose the rage and I myself was surprised.. but maybe it was time for him to turn on Starmer who said some distasteful things now not being shown on the news... If this is the case about Starmer doing nothing when Saville was still alive he should be ashamed... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60297998
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 05:30 AM

2,397 posts, read 1,564,146 times
politics is a dirty game, often played by weak men who would not have the integrity and backbone to survive in positions of power in the private sector

Old 02-08-2022, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
politics is a dirty game, often played by weak men who would not have the integrity and backbone to survive in positions of power in the private sector
All goes over my head PorterJ.. just dont get politics of politcians

Old 02-08-2022, 09:10 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,334,408 times
At least we know ours are mostly liars, charlatans, crooks, frauds, corrupt, greedy, and could care less about the “little guy/gal”.
But it is more difficult to get rid of them here.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:12 AM

2,217 posts, read 1,323,424 times
Ditto to all three above

Old 02-09-2022, 08:19 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
At least we know ours are mostly liars, charlatans, crooks, frauds, corrupt, greedy, and could care less about the “little guy/gal”.
But it is more difficult to get rid of them here.
I repped you because I strongly agree. USA is a chaotic mess. I don't know about Starmer but I heard that he didn't have the power to do anything at the time he is begin accused about. To me, Boris is just grasping at straws, trying to make others look bad so he can stay in power. I don't know why he even wants to be in power because he doesn't seem to be paying attention or doing anything. (He doesn't even comb his hair)

Old 02-13-2022, 04:42 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,287,482 times
I dont like Starmer at all and would vote Conservative ( if i lived over there ) but Borris saw that completely backfire on him , hard to see him surviving but he has a neck of brass so if anyone can shamelessly neck it out , he can

Old 02-13-2022, 06:38 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 6 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Was Boris right in outing Starmer on the Saville case or should he apologise....I watched this on TV and to me Starmer was very insulting with personal insults towards Boris.... then Boris let rip about Saville.... Boris doesnt usually lose the rage and I myself was surprised.. but maybe it was time for him to turn on Starmer who said some distasteful things now not being shown on the news... If this is the case about Starmer doing nothing when Saville was still alive he should be ashamed... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60297998
Starmer apologised at the time for not bringing Savile to Justice, so he admitted the very thing Johnson accused him of.

Starner was also the one who brought in lots of draconian legislation under Blair, and who failed to properly reform legislation such as s127 of the Communications Act.

As a result the police began to become some kind of secret Twitter and Social Media police, and started knocking on doors due to things written on social media that were not criminal.

I dread to think what further legislation and curbs on freedom the left of the Labour party would advocate, whilst no one has any trust in the police any more due to the fact they are not interested in real crime and are more bothered about rainbow flag police vehicles and those offended by a twitter message.

Starmer is a joke.

As for Boris, he's not my preferred leader of the Conservatives, however he is better than Starmer and the likes of Angela Rayner, David Lammy, Diane Abbott etc etc.

Old 04-12-2022, 04:38 PM

572 posts, read 279,493 times
Boris got himself fined by the The old Bill, for violating his own lockdown protocols.

Old 04-13-2022, 06:48 AM

To me Boris is a people pleaser big time.. and I still think wee sleazy Cummings is behind all this investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom