Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2023, 12:48 PM

2,361 posts, read 865,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarerz View Post
OK. Per your suggestion, I'll discuss Donald Trump, although I'm not sure what he has to do with The View.

Trump's business degree is from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, which is ranked 1, 2, or 3 (depending on who is doing the ranking and what year it is) in the world.

Jill Biden's degrees are from 2nd and 3rd rate institutions. To paraphrase your comment, compared to Joe Biden, Jill Biden is about the same level as Einstein. Joe's law degree is from Syracuse University (yes, Syracuse HAS a university). Joe graduated 76 out of 85 in his class and that's WITH having the advantage of plagiarism (which Joe Biden has admitted). Without the plagiarism, Joe may not have graduated at all. However, I'm sure he would have been very successful as a used car salesman.
Funny you should compare Biden to a used car salesman. I think Trump fits that description perfectly and to add to that a Mafioso style Kingpin.

The best educated and intelligent people in the world are too smart to embark on political careers. They use their gifts to make lots of money for themselves and that has always been the case. You wouldn't find Elon Musk, Bill Gates or Mark Zuckenberg contemplating such a career

With the exception of Trump, Bush Junior and Nixon most US Presidents in recent history have managed to assemble a fairly competent and able team to assist in running the Administrative branch and this includes the Biden Presidency. I wont bother to list his accomplishments since you can look that up yourself. His handling of the Ukraine war has been extremely competent so far and he has managed to unite the rest of the NATO countries in the process after the damage that Trump did to the alliance.

To show just one example of how "smart" Trump is? His description of Putin as "genius' on the day that Russia launched an attack on Ukraine You just have to laugh.

Anyway I dont want to steer this thread off track any further so" that's all she wrote" from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2023, 01:48 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,665 posts, read 81,421,151 times
I would never watch that TV show, but with the people on it, I would not take anything they say seriously enough to be offended by it. I recommend trying to find an few episodes of "This hour has 22 minutes" on CBC, the Canadian network. They are satirical but nonetheless make great fun of their own Canadian politicians, those of the USA and even some other countries at times. It's nothing to get upset about.

https://www.cbc.ca/22minutes/

Old 08-23-2023, 02:17 PM

273 posts, read 104,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
Funny you should compare Biden to a used car salesman. I think Trump fits that description perfectly and to add to that a Mafioso style Kingpin.

The best educated and intelligent people in the world are too smart to embark on political careers. They use their gifts to make lots of money for themselves and that has always been the case. You wouldn't find Elon Musk, Bill Gates or Mark Zuckenberg contemplating such a career

With the exception of Trump, Bush Junior and Nixon most US Presidents in recent history have managed to assemble a fairly competent and able team to assist in running the Administrative branch and this includes the Biden Presidency. I wont bother to list his accomplishments since you can look that up yourself. His handling of the Ukraine war has been extremely competent so far and he has managed to unite the rest of the NATO countries in the process after the damage that Trump did to the alliance.

To show just one example of how "smart" Trump is? His description of Putin as "genius' on the day that Russia launched an attack on Ukraine You just have to laugh.

Anyway I dont want to steer this thread off track any further so" that's all she wrote" from me.
Russia is winning the war against NATO in Ukraine. The US led effort will go down in history as a colossal
foreign policy failure. Biden's handling of this war can only be seen as "extremely competent" if one compares it to Biden's surrender to the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The thread got off track because YOU have to add your anti-Trump venom to every thread on the forum. Your arguments are so poor that SOMEONE is going to come along and put holes in them.

Old 08-23-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Russia is winning the war against NATO in Ukraine. The US led effort will go down in history as a colossal
foreign policy failure. Biden's handling of this war can only be seen as "extremely competent" if one compares it to Biden's surrender to the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The thread got off track because YOU have to add your anti-Trump venom to every thread on the forum. Your arguments are so poor that SOMEONE is going to come along and put holes in them.
Everybody leaves Afghanistan in a HURRY. The British in 1947, the Soviets in 1989 and now the US. Afghanistan is a crap country and lessons were not learned from history which isnt surprising when you look at Bush who in addition gave Bin Laden loads of time to flee across the mountains into Pakistan but thought the United States should stay on anyway to replace the Taliban and install "western style democracy" ha ha. Fact is the male population in general dont want it and certainly not gender equality.

It was a useless endeavor which crippled far too many young American men and women both in body and mind or cost them their lives

Yeah I hate Trump. God help the USA if he's ever in the WH again

Sorry. I really need to leave this thread

Last edited by James Austen; 08-23-2023 at 03:54 PM..

Old 08-23-2023, 04:23 PM

12,959 posts, read 13,379,778 times
Quote:
foreign policy failure.
Lmao.
Straight out of Comedy Central.

Old 08-23-2023, 04:32 PM

12,959 posts, read 13,379,778 times
Quote:
Everybody leaves Afghanistan in a HURRY. The British in 1947, the Soviets in 1989 and now the US. Afghanistan is a crap country and lessons were not learned from history which isnt surprising when you look at Bush who in addition gave Bin Laden loads of time to flee across the mountains into Pakistan but thought the United States should stay on anyway to replace the Taliban and install "western style democracy" ha ha. Fact is the male population in general dont want it and certainly not gender equality.

It was a useless endeavor which crippled far too many young American men and women both in body and mind or cost them their lives

Yeah I hate Trump. God help the USA if he's ever in the WH again

Sorry. I really need to leave this thread
Beg pardon, but the US & Allied Coalition kicked Taliban butt for 20 years… and there were no further terrorist acts in the US like 9/11 during that period.
As far as the male Afghan population not wanting “western style democracy” 50,000 of them died fighting the Taliban scum….and ignoring the millions of Afghan women who blossomed during those two decades is very unsettling, IMO.

But yes, Bush 2 & his team screwed up biggtime not getting that OBL devil right away, just like Clinton did.

Old 08-23-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Lmao.
Straight out of Comedy Central.
The real laughs are going to come in 6 months or so when the legacy media are forced to admit to the sheep that yet ANOTHER war has been lost.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of how I could make some sort of binding wager with the internet sheep on the war's outcome, but I haven't come up with anything yet - a tough problem.

Old 08-23-2023, 07:35 PM

Quote:
The real laughs are going to come in 6 months or so when the legacy media are forced to admit to the sheep that yet ANOTHER war has been lost.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of how I could make some sort of binding wager with the internet sheep on the war's outcome, but I haven't come up with anything yet - a tough problem.
Better I living in a real world than you living in a fool's paradise

Old 08-23-2023, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Beg pardon, but the US & Allied Coalition kicked Taliban butt for 20 years… and there were no further terrorist acts in the US like 9/11 during that period.
As far as the male Afghan population not wanting “western style democracy” 50,000 of them died fighting the Taliban scum….and ignoring the millions of Afghan women who blossomed during those two decades is very unsettling, IMO.

But yes, Bush 2 & his team screwed up biggtime not getting that OBL devil right away, just like Clinton did.
Points well taken but for years and years the Afghan Army had the best training from the best militaries in the world, the United States, the British and the German plus the best hardware but for all that the Afghan Army folded like a pack of cards as soon as the date for withdrawal drew close. Fact is that their Army could only fight effectively with Coalition Force backup.

It was time to leave. We could not go on holding their hands forever

Old 08-23-2023, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Better I living in a real world than you living in a fool's paradise
I gotta ask. Did you get that in a fortune cookie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom