Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 08:09 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,168 posts, read 13,455,286 times

Advertisements

US talk show hosts on The View mock Britain over the Platinum Jubilee celebrations as one claimed the food is awful and weather is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6uD5h7Njjk&t=85s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Express

Hundreds of wellwishers and royal fans have turned out to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee but US talk show hosts have slammed the UK's festivities. The View host Joy Behar claimed the UK needs the Royal Family for tourism. She said: "I don't think that they will ever get rid of the monarchy because they need it for tourism.

"Even though they spend a lot on the monarchy, it's not like Italy and France where you have food and weather.

"England hasn't got the weather and they don't have the food.

"They have the history and they have pomp and circumstance.

"I love British TV and British products but to go there and it's great and everyone speaks English there, it's not like going to Italy where every minute you're eating something delicious, same in France."

Co-host Sunny Hostin added: "You're absolutely right. I hadn't thought about it that way but the weather is terrible, the food is awful.

"Everything is terrible except for the monarchy and the accents."

'Everything is terrible apart from monarchy' US talk show mocks UK over Jubilee - Daily Express (1st June 2022)

'Everything is terrible apart from monarchy' US talk show mocks UK over Jubilee - Daily Express (1st June 2022)

Whoopi Goldberg tells royal family to apologize for colonial past and 'running roughshod over India' amid protests on Prince William and Kate's Caribbean tour - just a month after she was suspended for saying 'Holocaust wasn't racist' - Daily Mail

Sunny Hostin Isn't Celebrating the Platinum Jubilee: The Monarchy Was 'Built on the Backs of Slaves' - Primetimer

The View hosts slam Jubilee and the UK for food, weather and colonial history -JOE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 08:32 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,601,746 times
have these US talk show hosts ever been to Britain? if not they dont know what they are talking about.
its like me talking about the food and weather in America and I've never been there either.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:56 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,567,184 times
just ignore them

Old 06-13-2022, 08:59 AM

130,273 posts, read 12,099,804 times
No one with an ounce of sense, listens to anything these airheads say

Old 06-13-2022, 09:04 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
Please don't let the likes of Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg spoil anything about your celebrations.

Those two idiots don't speak for everyone.

Old 06-13-2022, 09:18 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,180 times
How thin is your skin that you get bent out of shape by the ramblings of a foreign talk show host? Do we really need a new thread for every comment from a minor celebrity that few British people have even heard of?

Old 06-13-2022, 09:27 AM

6,300 posts, read 4,196,397 times
Thank goodness I don’t care or watch the show. My experience with anyone blithering on about food and weather in the uk have never been to the uk and are just spouting off the yawn worthy stereotypes.

Old 06-13-2022, 09:31 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
No one with an ounce of sense, listens to anything these airheads say
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Please don't let the likes of Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg spoil anything about your celebrations.

Those two idiots don't speak for everyone.
Indeed

Unfortunately when I have taken my Dad to MD appointments, I have been subjected to listening to those fools in the waiting rooms. I honestly cannot believe that show survives, as after listening to it for 10 minutes or more, you brain starts to ache.
They don't have a grasp on reality of what goes on in America, so the Brits should just ignore them on subjects across the pond.

Old 06-13-2022, 09:48 AM

6,300 posts, read 4,196,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Indeed

Unfortunately when I have taken my Dad to MD appointments, I have been subjected to listening to those fools in the waiting rooms. I honestly cannot believe that show survives, as after listening to it for 10 minutes or more, you brain starts to ache.
They don't have a grasp on reality of what goes on in America, so the Brits should just ignore them on subjects across the pond.
I always carry EarPods now to appointments now and drown out the tv.

Old 06-13-2022, 10:01 AM

733 posts, read 467,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
I always carry EarPods now to appointments now and drown out the tv.
That’s a good idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom