Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 05:18 AM

13 posts, read 42,816 times

Advertisements

In your opinon what are the challenges of fast food in uk now ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 05:22 AM

Do you eat more fast food nowadays?

Old 08-17-2008, 05:26 AM

I need your help regarding fast food !! I need to disccus about food ay 1 interested ? cheers

Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,491,851 times
Fast food is less costly than fresh food. If the government and grocery stores take a more serious interest in the diets of the nation and LOWER the cost of fresh foods the fast food culture could MAYBE be turned around. Unfortunately many mums know very little of preparing a proper meal so the schools need to step in to teach more comprehensive Home Economics classes.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 AM

Thank you very much, and there's more working mums now, so they have less time to prepare food for family, do you think people nowadays eat more fast food than before?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Fast food is less costly than fresh food. If the government and grocery stores take a more serious interest in the diets of the nation and LOWER the cost of fresh foods the fast food culture could MAYBE be turned around. Unfortunately many mums know very little of preparing a proper meal so the schools need to step in to teach more comprehensive Home Economics classes.
thank you for your comment regarding fast food

any 1 else have ideas regarding fast food ? This is regarding my dissertation,, your help is appreciated

Old 08-17-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-food View Post
Thank you very much, and there's more working mums now, so they have less time to prepare food for family, do you think people nowadays eat more fast food than before?
Personally, I don't think being a working mom is a good enough excuse to not prepare proper meals. I worked on the average 10 to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and was on-call 24/7. I still managed to prepare hot, nutricious meals for my family. There is this handy dandy electrical kitchen appliance called a Slow Cooker. You can put a roast, potatoes and other veg in it with water and let it cook slowly all day while you are away all day. I also made it a habit to cook MORE than was needed at a meal and would freeze the left-overs, which can than be left to thaw in the refrigerator and quickly heated upon arriving home from work.

I do think people eat more fast foods than in previous years because they allow other things to become more important than having a proper meal.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:17 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,598,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Personally, I don't think being a working mom is a good enough excuse to not prepare proper meals. I worked on the average 10 to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and was on-call 24/7.

I do think people eat more fast foods than in previous years because they allow other things to become more important than having a proper meal.
You`re for me anna....I can`t recall a post I agreed with more...

Old 08-17-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
You`re for me anna....I can`t recall a post I agreed with more...
Damn! We agree on something! There's hope for us yet, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom