Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 01:34 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times

Advertisements

In my county, economic challenges, educational challenges and every other sort of challenge--crime of all kinds, violence on the road, those who prefer to think of themselves and use cell phones while driving any way they please--all sorts of potentially hazardous plans are considered. It may or may not happen.
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekal...of-941758.html

~~~~
DeKalb considers new cell towers at school sites *| ajc.com

Cell towers on school property. One of the proposed sites will also affect my own neighborhood--we have learned accept anything. There are those that will not support this thankfully--I'll sign a petition if that will help. Just to know that tptb care so very little makes me want to cry. To live in a community for many years and do whatever you can to support a good quality of life and have it taken away because--'those who haven't had the advantages must be excused for criminal acts'--it is not only not fair but amoral.

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-poli...ts-941314.html
'The U.S. Justice and Education departments cited the 1982 Plyler v. Doe decision, which says school districts must educate children regardless of their legal status, in the warning they sent Friday.
~~~~
10 students arrested after food fight *| ajc.com

Here's what goes on in another part of the city. Whatever--'they never had the advantages that others did--just understand how difficult life has been'.
I really can't and won't. Off to the pokey and you can go as many times as necessary--spend your life there if you can never get decency through your thick head. Everybody here 'believes in God'. No shortage of religion for anyone. We have plenty of Bibles and all have enough competence in reading to understand 'Right and Wrong'. I'm sick and tired of every single bit of any sort of excuse for deranged behavior. That really won't matter.

blah, blah, blah--Volunteer, help others---that is what is communicated incessantly from the media. I did a lot---will do a bit here and there, knowing that not one person in authority will listen to my concerns. An average person--who do they think they are? Keep your mouth shut and let those that have many advantages get what they want and then excuse those 'who were not so fortunate'.

Sewage spills, pollution of the air, airplanes contributing to the noises of a busy city that never sleeps--the sounds from the interstates permeate the night.

Dogs are sensitive to such sounds--my dog particularly---I am told to desensitize him. He was about 2 months old when construction on a big house began next door---the loud voices of those on cell phones scared him. Then road construction began and the noises of the heavy equipment were unsettling. He remembers---very sensitive and I hate that he had to have such an experience as a puppy. My tough luck--i've considered trying to find him a better home--he will not get a much better life with me. I have no way to control much of my life.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-11-2011 at 01:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 AM

Woman set on fire at Kennesaw gas station *| ajc.com

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-11-2011 at 04:51 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 04:49 AM

A woman stopped at a gas station on the other side of the metro area. 2AM, if that matters and women are told 'why were you there--in the wrong place at the wrong time'. He followed her in and set the car on fire. Investigation is ongoing--she survived--no further details.

Around 11PM on a Sunday night after I had worked in the yard all day--dressed in my yardwork wardrobe--because, you see--women 'ask for it, by dressing provocatively'--a perv of some kind came over to my car and said, 'I want to sock your b r e a s t s'. Few people around--a man who had locked himself out of his SUV and a truck owner. I told the employees of the corporation--shrug--call headquarters. It was near Christmas--the season of theft. Finally, on a return trip I went to the 911 call box--a graphic of a woman and child. Traffic was something that day --a football game brought in a lot of fans. When the officer arrived I told him the story--it is on record.

I don't expect miracles of law enforcement or anyone else--there is all kinds of evil in the world. That is something I just don't understand. This was after several women had been attacked--one on an early morning run, one moving into an apartment--raped, she was former military and another IIRC, home invasion type of thing. There was a spree of home invasions in this area around that time. This is a quiet, stable community.

A few weeks ago--Wells Fargo employee shot and killed in front of a Kroger just as he was preparing to get in the truck. They found the getaway car--things like that had been going on in another section about 10 miles away.

There are reasons and we all know them but they cannot be openly discussed.

It starts one place and spreads all through the metro area. 3/5 municipalities involved. A simmering stew of dysfunction and a display of the baser instincts of mankind.

'Just be glad it didn't happen to you'--citizens inform each other. Some do that. I just wonder when it will be my turn.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 AM

469 posts, read 1,175,754 times
Part of the reason these things are happening is because metropolitan Atlanta has almost zero urban planning beyong platting more single family subdivisions farther and farther away from the city itself. If municipalities and regional commissions spent more effort on improving the areas already built rather than focusing resources on enabling further sprawl then we would be way better off at the local, regional, state, and national level.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Just a note, a cell location will go for upwards of $10K/month to the property owner, it depends on how many carriers use the tower. The towers can also be designed to be less obtrusive.

My town has several antennae on the water tower, about $80K/year in revenue.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning