Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM

24 posts, read 102,202 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate there. I called a Realtor yesterday and she told me the traffic was terrible with only one road 2 lane, traffic jams, very windy, and tumble weed problems.

I don't want traffic jams, only one access, and I have had it with weeds, moving from New Mexico.

Was she honest or does she have an axe to grind. She also said it would be a 30 minute commute to get out of town. I want shopping, and convienent access to the rest of the world.

I found Eagle Mountain very affordable, is that why?

What other deas do you have Lehi ETC?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times
I think she was being honest, from what I’ve heard. But I don’t have firsthand experience.

You could try Lehi closer to the freeway, Cedar Hills, or even places like Herriman, Riverton, Bluffdale in Salt Lake County.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:53 PM

34 posts, read 132,799 times
Default It's true

My brother lives in The Ranches, which is a few miles East of Eagle Mountain (closer to Lehi) I've had my share of drives out there on the one road available. It's usually a steady line of cars, but it's always moving, it's not like you're standing still, it just takes a little longer to get a couple of miles, it is frustrating. I don't know whether the developers out there didn't plan on it getting so big or whether they just didn't care to develop roads, I personally think they just didn't care, but it is more affordable. And yes it is dry, but there's probably fewer tumble weeds than New Mexico,

Old 09-27-2007, 09:10 PM

421 posts, read 1,740,656 times
She wasn't lying. It is pretty far out, the road situation is bad, especially at rush hour, and it's quite windy. And yes, that's why it's less expensive. I do know some people who live there and really like it, but you have to be willing to deal with the bad stuff, too. Lehi is closer to the freeway and shopping, and isn't quite as expensive as some of the other cities in the area. But it's quite a bit more expensive than Eagle Mountain.

I recommend that you drive out to Eagle Mountain and look around before you buy a house there. You might find it's not as bad as you heard, or you might find it completely unacceptable.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:01 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronp100343 View Post
I'm looking to relocate there. I called a Realtor yesterday and she told me the traffic was terrible with only one road 2 lane, traffic jams, very windy, and tumble weed problems.

I don't want traffic jams, only one access, and I have had it with weeds, moving from New Mexico.

Was she honest or does she have an axe to grind. She also said it would be a 30 minute commute to get out of town. I want shopping, and convienent access to the rest of the world.

I found Eagle Mountain very affordable, is that why?

What other deas do you have Lehi ETC?

Thanks.
Deseret Morning News | Eagle Mountain City Hall scandals
Deseret Morning News | Eagle Mountain residents not amused by officials' antics

Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 AM

396 posts, read 1,275,569 times
Eagle Mountain is one of the most unattractive and poorly-planned cities I've ever been to.

It's out in the middle of nowhere, rapidly-growing, with just one road out of town and pretty much no shopping.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:55 PM

24 posts, read 102,202 times
I found out just recently from a freind who is working on some bond issues for the city that there will be big changes there soon. I understand some big box stores will be built along with other shopping venues and new roads, cable, etc.

The details are sketchy at the moment though.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:47 PM

24 posts, read 98,074 times
I live in Saratoga Springs (between Eagle Mountain and Lehi) and the traffic is the only thing I have to complain about so far. The roads are poorly planned and with all the growth in Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs they need to widen Redwood Road and make a few more access routes to I-15 to add to Lehi Main Street. It really would take 30 mins or so to get to the freeway from Eagle Mountain, but we have a few stores (Smith's Supermarket, dry cleaning, a few fast food places, Hollywood Video, etc.) in Saratoga Springs and there is a Wal-Mart being built in this area as well... so it's not as remote as it may sound.

There is the Moutain View Corridor project on the table, which would greatly improve access in the area, but we're still 3-5 years out from the project ever starting (Thank you Sierra Club...), so I can only imagine things getting worse before they get better. While politicians argue over the best route and where to get funding, and environmentalist complain about pollution, commuters will suffer. (and I find it funny that environmentalist complain about building new roads, but if roads don't get built, there will just be more exhaust from cars sitting idle on the road...)

I'm sure you can see I'm bitter about the road situation, but other than that I really like the area, it's developing quickly and there is a lot of potential. I just don't care much for the Utah Department of Transportation since it seems they have no idea what they are doing anywhere in the state...

Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM

41 posts, read 172,966 times
I live in Eagle Mountain and the traffic isn't that bad. I tend to leave early in the morning and have no problems at all. We decided to move here to own a little bit of land. The are parts of the valley that have more wind than us, like the point of the mountain. Overall we like it here, I can walk up the street and go hiking in the hills with my dogs.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:52 PM

9 posts, read 40,798 times
I moved from Eagle Mountain. I hated it out there. The traffic, poor city management, lack of any stores, and the lack of any sort of decent size yard made me crazy. I now live in PG - its much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah