Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:56 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times

Advertisements

Tailgating and left-lane blocking are two of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to driving.

Tailgaters are some of the most inconsiderate people on the road, in my opinion. Especially because they are doing it for one of two reasons: the are oblivious (on the phone, texting, doing makeup, chatting with passenger, etc), or because they just don't give a damn. The first category tends not to even notice when I tap my brakes or slow down to exactly the speed limit. The second group tends to start throwing hands up in the air and screaming at my as if it is my fault that they are brain dead and irresponsible. Either way, I frequently want to run both groups off the road.

Lane-blockers are not just irritating. It is actually dangerous to block the lanes. That is the reason why you are supposed to stay to the right unless passing. When you sit in a non-right lane and make drivers go around you, you cause traffic to back up behind you, and encourage other dumbass drivers to take stupid risks weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, etc. blocking the left lane is not just an inconvenience to those going faster than you; it is against the law for a good reason.

The third group off of here top of my head that really get my blood boiling are those that blatantly run a red light, just hoping that they'll get through before on-coming traffic starts through have intersection. I can't count how many times I have almost been hit by these Neanderthals, or how often I've witnesses accidents or near misses caused by them.

That said, I find those drivers everywhere, in every state and country I have lived in. Utah drivers infuriate me, but not any more than California or Virginia or Colorado drivers, and not nearly as much argentine, Iraqi or spanish drivers. Driving in South America is like playing Russian roulette, and even driving in Florida got me rear-end three times within a nine-month period back in 04-05.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 01:28 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
I'd say you covered it nicely. If they didn't unecessarily block the left lane, didn't taligate and didn't run red lights we'd have NO real problem now would we. Oh let's not forget those famous 3 lane change specials with no turn signal going from the far left lane on I-15 to an exit. Those are priceless. I'm shocked there haven't been more wrecks from those senseless maneuvers.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:43 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
It would be even better if everyone stuck to the same speed.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:02 PM

255 posts, read 219,513 times
It is my experience that drivers in Utah are the most passive-aggressive than anywhere I have ever been. You see people hanging back in the next lane, but once you flip your turn signal to move over they accelerate to cut you off. Yes people tailgate, but aside from the reasons previously mentioned, I see it also as a ploy to get you to speed up or move over. Unless you are doing (and in some cases even if) 10mph over the speed limit they will ride your bumper to get you to move. In too many cases the turn signal is for decorative purposes. We could go on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah