Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 12:00 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
As a Democrat I actually have always liked Romney. Remember he gave everyone in Massachusetts health care.
What has he given residents of Utah?

Old 02-06-2020, 12:54 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Just may be not smart enough to know where you might be wrong. Democrats did not get on the phone to Zelinsky asking for a political favor to subvert the next presidential election. The democrats did not undermine a sitting US ambassador listening to a couple of Ukrainians indicted by his own justice department. There were republican senators other than Romney who could not deny that what Trump did was wrong. The list goes on...

Blame it on the democrats out of your blind partisanship, but don’t claim how smart you are at seeing the game... It’s utterly unconvincing.
I might be wrong? This is a political game. The list also goes on, he is dumb in the game he is trying to play.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:11 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
What has he given residents of Utah?
Pride

Old 02-06-2020, 01:55 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,223,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I might be wrong? This is a political game. The list also goes on, he is dumb in the game he is trying to play.
Your political tribalism is unfortunate, and your certainty says more about you than anything else. I respect that this is how you feel, but it is unfortunate.

Romney is a senator from my state - and I am proud of him. The strength of character, integrity, honesty, conscience, humility and purpose he showed is one of the most impressive thing I have seen in life. His acuity and accomplishment stand for themselves.

Your insistence that he is dump and that it is all a game is more about you than him. So, I will leave it there. I hope you introspect and realize that it is more than a game, and it is more than you who is affected in what goes on in our country. You and your tribe are after him because he took an oath in senate to perform his duty to the constitution in the name of God and (shock and horror) meant it, instead of taking it like a game as you'd like him to. Makes him a far better human being than likely either of us.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:11 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
I got turned off to Romney when he said "bussinesses are people too".

And I got turned off to him even more when was running against Obama and he was overheard saying in a speech to wealthy donors something to the effect that 47% of the people voting don't matter to him. It's no different than Hillary when she was talking about working class whites that she likes to put in her "box of deplorables".

It's no wonder Trump got elected. Romney and Hillary should be in the same political party. As matter of fact, the traditional moderate Republicans and the traditional moderate Democrats should form their own party if they want to beat Trump. Their main differences are gun control and abortion rights. They could surely come up with a compromise. Democrats are just as fractured as the Republicans, with Bernie on the far left. The far left Democrats can be as obnoxious and "in-your-face" as the die-hard Trump Republicans.

I think if they were to unite, they would out-number the Bernie Democrats and Trump Republicans. If it went to run-off, the moderates would win everytime, saving the country from being took over by fringe elements from either side.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 02-06-2020 at 02:34 PM..

Old 02-06-2020, 05:12 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,223,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
... As matter of fact, the traditional moderate Republicans and the traditional moderate Democrats should form their own party if they want to beat Trump. Their main differences are gun control and abortion rights. They could surely come up with a compromise. Democrats are just as fractured as the Republicans, with Bernie on the far left. The far left Democrats can be as obnoxious and "in-your-face" as the die-hard Trump Republicans.

Now, this is becoming more of a politics thread. But, I agree with you. And - there is a candidate, Mike Bloomberg, running in that lane. I hope he can get through the democratic primary, as he has the best chance of defeating Trump. And, despite the 47% line, I suspect Mitt Romney would belong in the middle lane as you articulated. I am on the moderate left side and would anyday support a party of Romney, Bloomberg, Klobuchar, Jeff Flake and and folks of that ilk.

Old 02-06-2020, 05:39 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Quote:
Now, this is becoming more of a politics thread. But, I agree with you.
Sorry, I didn't mean to be political. I just wanted to give my opinion, but I guess I got carried away....However, I must admit that I like it that you agreed with me, so thanks for that

Old 02-06-2020, 07:04 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Now, this is becoming more of a politics thread. But, I agree with you. And - there is a candidate, Mike Bloomberg, running in that lane. I hope he can get through the democratic primary, as he has the best chance of defeating Trump. And, despite the 47% line, I suspect Mitt Romney would belong in the middle lane as you articulated. I am on the moderate left side and would anyday support a party of Romney, Bloomberg, Klobuchar, Jeff Flake and and folks of that ilk.
Moderate lefty here, too.

Old 02-07-2020, 09:18 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Thank Senator Romney ad.

Old 02-07-2020, 11:37 AM

134 posts, read 91,284 times
Thank you Senator Romney. That's why I plan to visit Utah soon https://www.visitutah.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah