Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 PM

5 posts, read 17,855 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about transferring from the University of Minnesota to somewhere out West into a technical school. I was wondering how the Ogden area is and if anyone has had any experience with the Ogden-Weber technical college. Specifically, I am interested in their machining program but any thoughts on the college would be appreciated. As far as the town how is the job market? I'm currently a real estate agent here in Minneapolis and I also run a painting and handyman company so any insight into those areas would be nice. I like to motorcycle, snowmobile, snowboard, and mainly be outdoors for recreation. How does Ogden cater to those activities? Is it difficult to fit in if you're not Mormon or is that a bit of a myth? Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 PM

550 posts, read 2,170,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oles0041 View Post
I am thinking about transferring from the University of Minnesota to somewhere out West into a technical school. I was wondering how the Ogden area is and if anyone has had any experience with the Ogden-Weber technical college. Specifically, I am interested in their machining program but any thoughts on the college would be appreciated. As far as the town how is the job market? I'm currently a real estate agent here in Minneapolis and I also run a painting and handyman company so any insight into those areas would be nice. I like to motorcycle, snowmobile, snowboard, and mainly be outdoors for recreation. How does Ogden cater to those activities? Is it difficult to fit in if you're not Mormon or is that a bit of a myth? Thanks for any info.
Don't worry if you're not Mormon - there's a lot of us "nons" here

Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 PM

5 posts, read 17,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyutah View Post
here's my two cents!!!

Scenario #1:
A man arrives to a new town and asks one of the locals ... "I am new in town... what are the people here like?" The local says, "well what are the people like from where you are?" The new comer replies, "Oh they are nasty, mean-spirited, spiteful people..." The local replies, "Well, you 'll fit right in, we've got much of the same type of people right here"...

Scenario #2:
A man arrives to a new town and asks one of the locals ... "I am new in town... what are the people here like?" The local says, "well what are the people like from where you are?" The new comer replies, "Oh they are wonderful, friendly and have a genuine love for all people..." The local replies, "Well, you 'll fit right in, we've got much of the same type of people right here"...

You get what you give in this life... If you feel like you don't "got" *any*.. you need to "give" *some* away...

I am not mormon and I approve this message.
Haha, it's good to see you like to give everyone the same advice. I read this in another post of yours. Sounds like I won't have a problem fitting in. Do you have any thoughts on the city itself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: