Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 11,080 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys
I discovered your forum thru a friend and have lurked a bit and decided to join. As the title says I'm looking for some real estate in Utah, I've been recommended by quite a few people that St. George area is good for what I want. Here are my needs.
4 seasons but warmer and drier than the average Northeast/Mid atlantic city ie: NYC, Philly, Boston, DC.
I do not have children so schools and such are of no concern
I love mountain biking, hiking and shooting sports.
I'd like to be able to shoot on my own land
I hate rain
I'd like to live outside a city/town but not so far out that if I need milk it's a 3 hr. round trip.
I'm not in the LDS or any particular religion
Any help/advice is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 12:54 AM

9 posts, read 28,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk45acp View Post
Hi Guys
I discovered your forum thru a friend and have lurked a bit and decided to join. As the title says I'm looking for some real estate in Utah, I've been recommended by quite a few people that St. George area is good for what I want. Here are my needs.
4 seasons but warmer and drier than the average Northeast/Mid atlantic city ie: NYC, Philly, Boston, DC.
I do not have children so schools and such are of no concern
I love mountain biking, hiking and shooting sports.
I'd like to be able to shoot on my own land
I hate rain
I'd like to live outside a city/town but not so far out that if I need milk it's a 3 hr. round trip.
I'm not in the LDS or any particular religion
Any help/advice is appreciated

um you would probably like to live in southern utah th weather is pretty comfortable and there is always places to go shooting. Ummmm if your looking for some where not over populated by mormons the UTAH period is not for you

Old 04-18-2009, 07:10 AM

77 posts, read 243,395 times
Mormons are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:25 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
I think the St. George area would work for you. Real estate prices have been high there, but may have come down a bit since the recession. You might look around at Washington, St. George, Hurricane, and Ivins.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,647 times
well he didnt say he didnt want to be around them, just that he isnt one. As said above, most are super nice so I wouldnt let that be a deciding factor. I know several at work that love to go out shooting and stuff.

I dont know anything about southern utah as I just moved to northern utah a few months ago. From what I heard it sounds like what your looking for though

Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,514,433 times
People shoot on their own land in WVC all the time...

Seriously though...you might want to look north outside Logan...or up on the plateau near Woodruff/Randolph. Rich County basically...

Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 PM

he said he wanted nice weather and i dont think he wants to go to jail for shooting his gun in WVC I think Kanab ferdonia area would be you best bet really rural and close to saint gorge i love that town really they have the 4 season but the winter is really mild the people are pretty friendly. Your really close to zions and the grand canyon is like 3 hours away you also have lake powel thats about hour and a half awayall great hiking out doorsy activity areas ferdonia is relatively cheap on housing but kanab is still in utah ferdonia is 7 miles from kanab barely over the utah arizona border. Ferdonia You walk out about a mile and you have nothing but great shooting area and four wheeling grounds. We all use to just walk to our camping spots cause they were seriously about 3 blocks away

Old 04-19-2009, 11:42 PM

also dont get me wrong about mormons some are really nice some can be rude but thats people in general

Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 AM

16 posts, read 55,084 times
Check out Enoch, New Harmony, or some of the outer parts of Cedar City. You won't get the 4 seasons if you go as far south as st George - they hardly ever get snow and their spring and fall are very brief, though pretty. We love it here in Enoch because if we go 15 minutes to the North we can go skiing, 30 minutes to the south we can go boating, 30 minutes away are Zion national park, Cedar Breaks, and Brian Head, and 45 minutes away is Bryce Canyon, and if we get too cold we just hop in the car and go to St George which is 40 minutes away. We have access to everything we would want outdoors wise. It is beautiful. I don't know what the rules are about shooting on your property here but I bet it would be allowed. We are in a semi rural area on a half acre with animal rights, but we are only 10 minutes from shopping and 5 minutes from a gas station. People are very friendly and it is a very safe place.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 11,080 times
Thanks for all the replies!
As stated I'm not LDS but have nothing against them and as far as rude people go I grew up in NYC so rude is a relative term to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah